Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Fair enough with Strange, but Danny no longer has a book, so his would also have to be a special mini. Based on past sales and the fact his Netflix show is no more, they won't bother. He could be involved in the event, but I don't see an Iron Fist tie-in happening.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Iron Fist and Dr Strange were both in Damnation, so you might include them.

Totally random speculation: I am currently reading Remender's Venom run, and Flash (along w/X-23, Alejandra Jones Ghost Rider, and Red Hulk) all make a deal with Mephisto to defeat Blackheart - they owe him a favor some time in the future. My guess is that favor will come up and result in the resurrection of Flash Thompson (if we get the Mephisto event).
    Oh, I remember. Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross) managed to break the deal during his time leading the Thunderbolts in the Marvel NOW! series from around 2013 and the Venom symbiote transferred the Hell Mark (with its previously consumed clone from the Daniel Way Venom series) to Andi Benton after Cullen Bunn picked up where Remender left off. Of course, that still leaves Laura/X-23 and Alejandra up in the air, not to mention that given Ross's death in the recent Captain America series and him showing up as some kind of wraith in a new level of hell below all others in The Immortal Hulk book . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

J Michael Straczynski is apparently returning to Marvel in August on a project with Ed McGuiness. Interesting that they could have him back with them just prior to the December event...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...ess-in-august/
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-08-2019 at 01:03 AM.

Probably just a one-shot, considering there was seven other similar announcements.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Probably just a one-shot, considering there was seven other similar announcements.
    I imagine so, while JMS is supposed to be making a full time comeback to comics, it's going to be with another company (the new one set up by former Marvel EIC Axel Alonzo and two others) so this is probably to shake off some rust.

And now it's dozens of announcements - I've lost count!

Rumor has it that it's for a project called Marvel #1000, which is if "Marvel Comics" continued from 1939 way back in the day. That's why there's a bunch of announcements for longtime creators who haven't worked in the business to come back.

BANNED

Uh huh, including other Spidey scribes Peter David, Chip Zdarksy, and Dan Slott

It would seem Mephisto strikes again at another Spider.

spoilers:
    it seems Mephisto is gonna be messing with SpOck based on SSM #6. It can't be a coincidence, right? so far he's messed with Ben, Miles and Otto, maybe they are planning something.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by GSman; 05-29-2019 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    To the readers, it means something more.
    To some readers it means something, the marriage to me isnt a selling point for reading spider-man

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    It seems we're at an impasse, Miles to Go. You see OMD and want it gone, I don't see OMD and want to move on. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. :P
    Oh Oh this happens with Miles, he is a hardcore marriage fan and it seems as if you are neutral to it which in my eyes Miles believes isnt possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    As Erik Larsen (who didn't like the marriage) pointed out:

"The biggest problem — in the future — would be that it would be hard to play some of these same notes again; that "Aunt May is too fragile to handle the truth about Peter being Spider-Man" or that "Peter needs to protect his secret identity in order to protect his loved ones" when we've seen both of those played out in print. In the latest issue -- out this week -- there's a bad guy who is on the trail of figuring out who Spider-Man is. How much suspense is there when, just two weeks ago, Spider-Man's identity being public knowledge was the status quo? After the marriage and the efforts made to undo it, why should we, as readers, believe any relationship he has in the future will ever lead to him getting married again? They're pretty much told the readers that Peter's life is never going to progress past a certain point."

OMD isn't the illusion of change...it's the end of change. It means that Peter Parker is trapped forever in the Truman Show...only it's worse. Truman eventually got out, but Peter never will. So it's like the end of Terry Gilliam's Brazil, Peter is basically in some dream simulation of groundhog day-like loops and he can never get out. So it makes the entire story depressing no matter what the writers behind it do. 616 Continuity is tainted forever thanks to OMD.
    Tainted how, how is OMD the end of change, it made a change YOU didnt like but it was a change and has changed since so please explain how this is tainted or maybe you shouldnt

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    No one would argue against the idea of Peter and MJ being destined to be together - it's just more fun, and spurs more storylines, to leave that for the future.
    I would but i'm not really a fan of the ship at the moment mainly because people believe its MJ or nothing and dammit i like choices

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It was intended to.

It's also the truth. Sometimes the truth is dramatic.
    Its your truth not the truth the two dont have to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Um, my preferences? I was just spitballing (about reboots and AUs) when I mentioned that idea and yet people jumped all over me. Some people are dedicated to their preferences but I'm not one of them. Look at my fanfiction page I feature multiple different Peter pairings.
    Fanfiction where, where is the link celgress is it in your profile i love me some fanfiction.
    Truth is the best policy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    It would seem Mephisto strikes again at another Spider.

spoilers:
    it seems Mephisto is gonna be messing with SpOck based on SSM #6. It can't be a coincidence, right? so far he's messed with Ben, Miles and Otto, maybe they are planning something.
    end of spoilers
    This has to be leading into something BIG, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    This has to be leading into something BIG, right ?
    It has to be leading to something. At first I dismissed the Mephisto thing in Spider-Man & Deadpool as a one off thing that won't be brought up again, but since then he's been screwing with 3 different Spiders. There definitely has to be a connection.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    It has to be leading to something. At first I dismissed the Mephisto thing in Spider-Man & Deadpool as a one off thing that won't be brought up again, but since then he's been screwing with 3 different Spiders. There definitely has to be a connection.
    if he messes with Venom and Gwen next then I will totally believe a Spider-Man family vs Mephisto
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    if he messes with Venom and Gwen next then I will totally believe a Spider-Man family vs Mephisto
    That seems possible. But there has to be a reason he's targeting the spiders, specifically right? Maybe it's because of their connection to the web of life or something.
    Last edited by GSman; 05-29-2019 at 07:49 AM.

If this were solely a Spider-Office thing, I could buy it, but it also involves the Avengers office, which makes me think that there's just some general lack of coordination where Mephisto can have an event where he loses his position and can't be Mephisto, but then he's doing normal Mephisto things in Avengers (which at least will explain) why this is happening), he's doing normal Mephisto things in Champions (another book from the Avengers office), and now he seems to be doing normal Mephisto things in Suppy. Hey guys, do you like Mephisto? Here's Mephisto, Mephisto, and more Mephisto. It's like everyone is independently doing their own spin on his gimmick for their books and now it's like he's the most popular Marvel villain.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate