Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah I wonder whats going on with Johnny why is he acting like a villain towards that Robbie kid?
    Maybe he's testing him. At least, that's my theory. And I like the idea that reversing OMD might have unintended consequences for others in Peter's orbit besides Mary Jane and Aunt May.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Speculation of Superior Spider-Man #6.

I'm not saying it's leading anywhere, but spoilers:
    Mephisto being aware of Doc Ock's salvation can suggest higher stakes for any story in which Peter and MJ try to reverse One More Day. What if they're told that this will also undo one of Peter's greatest recent victories: his transformation of one of the worst men in the world into someone who is managing to be a better man?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    like Jman27 said, if that were the case Peter would never do it. He wouldn't let his surrogate mom die, I doubt he's willingly exchange his marriage for one of his villains redemption. At least Peter has MJ again, if in his quest to get the marriage back ended, making things worse for other people, that would paint Peter in a worse light than even OMD did.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    spoilers:
    like Jman27 said, if that were the case Peter would never do it. He wouldn't let his surrogate mom die, I doubt he's willingly exchange his marriage for one of his villains redemption. At least Peter has MJ again, if in his quest to get the marriage back ended, making things worse for other people, that would paint Peter in a worse light than even OMD did.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    True, I just hope this isn't how the Marvel Office decides to undo Superior Spider-Man so they can "reset" Doc Ock. If such a thing occurs, I will think of the 1990s' Clone Saga - "You can have Peter back as Spider-Man but the baby (Mayday) has to die". Comic book higherups can be surprisely vindictive.
    end of spoilers
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    spoilers:
    True, I just hope this isn't how the Marvel Office decides to undo Superior Spider-Man so they can "reset" Doc Ock. If such a thing occurs, I will think of the 1990s' Clone Saga - "You can have Peter back as Spider-Man but the baby (Mayday) has to die". Comic book higherups can be surprisely vindictive.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, if Otto were to revert back, and I honestly hope he doesn't, I'd prefer it happen in his own book under Gage's pen, than it just being some consequence of the marriage being restored. If it were to happen that way it would be lazy and honestly insulting to all the fans of the current run. But for the time being, I think SpOck is doing decent, so hopefully that won't happen anytime soon.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Speaking of Baby May, I've been pondering the Centi-Demon, and I've kind of got a working theory that it's baby may, baby Annie, or a combination of both. So discovering that might be an impetus for Peter & MJ to undo the deal - I figure Peter finding out he (inadvertently) sent his child to hell is the kind of thing that would lead to him trying to undo the deal.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    This makes the assumption that Marvel are going to return the marriage which we have been told many times that it wont happen for a number of reasons maybe they find out about the deal but I wouldn't expect kids in the main title and I certainly hope we don't get a Superman Rebirth with Spider-Man sorry I am so not interested.
    end of spoilers
    Truth is the best policy

Twitter human: Why is Mephisto in 40,000 books?

Jason Aaron: Silence, mortal. And read Avengers #21, available in July at your local comic book store and Comixology!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Looks like CBR is hinting at a Mephistopheles theme story in Marvel’s future. One has to wonder if Spider-Man Peter Parker is going to be playing a role in the overall story ?

https://www.cbr.com/mephisto-doctor-...-one-more-day/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Looks like CBR is hinting at a Mephistopheles theme story in Marvel’s future. One has to wonder if Spider-Man Peter Parker is going to be playing a role in the overall story ?

https://www.cbr.com/mephisto-doctor-...-one-more-day/
    I would hope so.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Here we go again....this time it's Otto's turn to make a deal with Mephisto... https://www.cbr.com/superior-spider-...octor-octopus/

BANNED

Wish it was done differently but I am glad that Otto is finally returning to the character intended for him to be by Lee and Ditko and that superior nonsense comes to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Wish it was done differently but I am glad that Otto is finally returning to the character intended for him to be by Lee and Ditko and that superior nonsense comes to end.
    I'm sad. I'll really miss the Superior one (Spider or Octopus). *sniff*

But to each their own, I guess.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Here we go again....this time it's Otto's turn to make a deal with Mephisto... https://www.cbr.com/superior-spider-...octor-octopus/
    Mephisto doesn't make deals with just anyone. He only comes calling to those who he takes a particular interest in. Usually because they have something he wants. I don't think he is particularly interested in Otto. He even states that "There is a good chance I already have your soul, or perhaps I simply don't want it." He then proceeds to make a counter offer by restoring Otto back to who he was physically without disease. More importantly, he states that Otto will be free from the taint of Peter Parker.

Otto is in a clone body of Peter and has his memories and experiences. By restoring him to who/what he originally was, he is effectively "killing" the Peter parts from him. Seems like he still has ill feelings from OMD. Due to the deal, he can't do anything to Peter directly. He can, however, get at those around him.

There has to be a reason behind why he is making deals with spider related characters at the moment (he did make a deal with Doctor Strange a few issues back in which he made Strange wipe the memory/love Clea had for him. But that was just payback for Damnation, i think.)
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 09-25-2019 at 04:48 PM.

iMan 42s

So having read the spoilers but not being able to get to a shop later this week, Superior isn't just cancelled they decided to throw the whole thing out the window?

I'm not surprised idiocy is coming from the Spider-office, but I didn't think they'd go that far with it. At the very least I expected Superior Octopus.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    So having read the spoilers but not being able to get to a shop later this week, Superior isn't just cancelled they decided to throw the whole thing out the window?

I'm not surprised idiocy is coming from the Spider-office, but I didn't think they'd go that far with it. At the very least I expected Superior Octopus.
    We don't actually see Otto making/agreeing to the deal. It is implied he did, but we won't know until next issue. The comic cuts off with Mephisto giving Otto a last chance at accepting his terms and Otto crying. The next two pages (the last) show Otto busting in to where the Brothers Grimm are hiding. He is complete with original body, costume, bowl cut and metal arms. He demands they give him Norman or he will crush each and every bone in their bodies.

There is still room for a final curveball. But for now, it appears he made the deal.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 09-25-2019 at 08:11 PM.