Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    So unfortunately true.
    Also, how could I forget my speculation regarding the possible existence somewhere in the vastness of the Multiverse of a gay or bisexual Peter Parker? Boy oh boy, that one touched a raw nerve.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The only thing many people seem to get upset about more (than OMD) on this forum is my idea for either resurrecting OG Gwen or an AU in which she did not die. No offense to Mary Jane fans, and Peter/MJ shippers especially, but some of you guys & girls take this stuff far too seriously.
    "Upset" is a strong word. I just don't think many feel there's really a place for her, and would just confuse people already accustomed to Spider-Gwen. Regardless of your preferences, that's who Gwen is now to many.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    ...Regardless of your preferences, that's who Gwen is now to many.
    Um, my preferences? I was just spitballing (about reboots and AUs) when I mentioned that idea and yet people jumped all over me. Some people are dedicated to their preferences but I'm not one of them. Look at my fanfiction page I feature multiple different Peter pairings.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-04-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Why is this every single thread?? Every single time, someone's gotta mention OMD. It's been ten years!! Jesus!
    To take the conversation away from Miles. Isn't it obvious? The lil guy's been getting some traction. Folks can't help but try to throw Peter Parker/Spiderman into conversations about Miles in a way gets distracting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Um, my preferences? I was just spitballing (about reboots and AUs) when I mentioned that idea and yet people jumped all over me. Some people are dedicated to their preferences but I'm not one of them. Look at my fanfiction page I feature multiple different Peter pairings.
    I wasn't really meaning you specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    To take the conversation away from Miles. Isn't it obvious? The lil guy's been getting some traction. Folks can't help but try to throw Peter Parker/Spiderman into conversations about Miles in a way gets distracting.
    You know what? That's actually kind of true. I have noticed some latent weird tension on this forum against Miles. It was on the other thread too, and the same people were up in arms about it.

And has anyone actually talked about WHY Miles is even talking to Mephisto?

I wasn't really meaning you specifically.
    See this is why I hate the subject of OMD. Strong feelings easily ensue on all sides (myself included).

BANNED

And has anyone actually talked about WHY Miles is even talking to Mephisto?
    Miles fought his son a few years back, which was brought up earlier in the thread.

BANNED

Thank you! I just don't get it. Like, I don't like the story. But I've enjoyed Spider-Man now more than I have before (not because of OMD, in spite of it). I question why so many people can't do the same? It's not like he's the only character to have terrible stories in his longtime history, but I don't people claiming "Parallax" ruined Hal Jordan or Avengers #200 ruined Carol Danvers.
    Actually given the mess of the DC Timeline one has to wonder if Emerald TWilight still does exist in the current timeline and I'm kind of surprised that they don't mention Avengers #200 in Carol Danvers story anymore especially in this day and age of Me too. If you want to talk about your SJW moments, then there's it is.

In fact it's one of the reasons I'm surprised that Marvel doesn't recall the Bad stuff of their current Captain Marvel: What's the point of making her the superheroine of the MCU beyond the films if the comics history isn't fully mentioned.

Miles fought his son a few years back, which was brought up earlier in the thread.
    CORRECT! Here we are three and some odd pages talking about Peter and MJ??? Two characters that from what we know so far aren't in the Champions, and to boot there several other threads to speak all day on them an.... Oh hell forget this, where are the mods????

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Well the X-Boards still haven't entirely forgiven Scott Summers for leaving his wife back in the eighties/nineties, so this is nothing new.
    Plus Scott Summers has done much worse ever since then.

Just to add my own thoughts...

I hated OMD and wish it never happened. Ideally I’d prefer Peter and MJ to still be married.

That said... they are back together and for the first time in 10 years I’m loving Spider-man comics again. While it would be cool to have a victory over Mephisto and restore lost memories, I’m finally at peace and would be ok either way.

I feel some people go too far on the anti OMD rhetoric and it gets a little tiring. Let’s all appreciate what we’ve got and focus on the positives, ok?

Anyway, I’d like ton see more discussion on Miles on this thread going forward.

This thread makes me think that if there's a cover with Mephisto looking at many characters, and Spidey just happens to be there, theories will be made about how Marvel is gonna do something OMD related

I was happier 10 seconds ago when I had forgotten that happened, thanks man

Anytime anyone goes "This has nothing to do with OMD" I roll my eyes. Mephisto is the guy who fucks with Silver Surfer and treats entire teams of heroes as chumps. Him turning up in anyway linked to Spiderman is refferences to OMD overt or not. Mephisto being part of OMD was incredibly OOC and anytime he turns up in any kind of Spider book its out of character. Its like Darkseid explicitly turning up in a Batgirl book to annoy her.

BANNED

One would think that it was Miles who did Mephisto a favor and now it's time for him to pay up, right ?