Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I don't mean those who choose MJ over the other love interests rather those who constantly run down the minority (according to your cited source) who pick someone else. Frankly, the shipping hostility in this fandom is some of the worst I have ever witnessed anywhere. Perhaps the negativity is caused by OMD, who knows. When I half-jokingly suggested an AU version of Peter could be gay or bi, thus precluding an MJ pairing in that universe, I was shocked at the amount of vitriol I received. The experience opened my eyes to a nasty reality in our fandom. I am no longer as tolerant of such behavior as I once was.

Edit - I tried to quote your message but it was a mess in my re-post.
    The word "Fan" is short for fanatic ( keep this in mind). Comic book fanboys ( or fangirls) on this site are nothing like sports.fans. Take my team ( the New York Yankees), versus the Boston Red Sox..The Red Sox are the team Yankee fans ( including me) hate with a passion ( and vice versa), and it has been a feud going on since 1903. I will never be tolerant towards the Red Sox or other teams the Yankees play. I read the comments months ago about changing the sexual preference of Peter Parker, and I would not support that change. Why? For the same reason I opposed Peter as a millionaire, OMD, Superior Spider-Man, the Clone Saga and him in The Avengers. It would be making a change for the sole reason of making a change instead of character growth. Marvel has two great characters in Peter Parker and Spider-Man with the best supporting cast in comics and along with the FF and Batman the best rogues gallery. Which is why there is no need to reinvent the wheel like they did with OMD

Is this thread for Mile Morales deal with the devil right...????? Just confusing with talk about Peter and MJ.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Is this thread for Mile Morales deal with the devil right...????? Just confusing with talk about Peter and MJ.
    Bringing Mephisto into the Spider-Man realm ( Miles included), brings back bad memories. I do not care if Mephisto pops up in Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, Avengers or any comic except Spider-Man ( especially Amazing).

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yeah, OMD is a like an insidious retrovirus which infects and corrupts everything.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The word "Fan" is short for fanatic ( keep this in mind). Comic book fanboys ( or fangirls) on this site are nothing like sports.fans. Take my team ( the New York Yankees), versus the Boston Red Sox..The Red Sox are the team Yankee fans ( including me) hate with a passion ( and vice versa), and it has been a feud going on since 1903. I will never be tolerant towards the Red Sox or other teams the Yankees play. I read the comments months ago about changing the sexual preference of Peter Parker, and I would not support that change. Why? For the same reason, I opposed Peter as a millionaire, OMD, Superior Spider-Man, the Clone Saga and him in The Avengers. It would be making a change for the sole reason of making a change instead of character growth. Marvel has two great characters in Peter Parker and Spider-Man with the best supporting cast in comics and along with the FF and Batman the best rogues gallery. Which is why there is no need to reinvent the wheel like they did with OMD
    What if someone doesn't care about the romantic aspects of Spider-Man? What if someone just likes his adventures or interactions with his supporting cast? Are they not part of the "team"? Honestly, that's where I am right now (or I'm at least leaning that way). I fear the toxic conduct of ardent Peter/MJ shippers might drive people away from interacting with other fans on forums such as this. Take for example how many threads on this board devolve into OMD related debates, but what do I know?
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-09-2019 at 08:12 PM.

I know I don't post on this forum nearly as much as I used to because I'm tired of hearing people complain about OMD.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I know I don't post on this forum nearly as much as I used to because I'm tired of hearing people complain about OMD.
    I never understood why this sort of thing bothered people so much until my unfortunate gay or bi alternate Peter Parker suggestion/semi-joke. The backlash I received, along with related behavior I have noticed since (on multiple sites), has taken away some of my passion for interacting with other Spider-Man fans. My rose-colored glasses have come off and I see the world can be an ugly, intolerant place. What is especially odd is this seems to be a mostly Spider-Man thing. People tend to be less ship obsessed or ship hostile on the Superman or Batman forums of this site for example.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-09-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

I never understood why this sort of thing bothered people so much until my unfortunate gay or bi alternate Peter Parker suggestion/semi-joke. The backlash I received, along with related behavior I have noticed since (on multiple sites), has taken away some of my passion for interacting with other Spider-Man fans. My rose-colored glasses have come off and I see the world can be an ugly, intolerant place. What is especially odd is this seems to be a mostly Spider-Man thing. People tend to be less ship obsessed or ship hostile on the Superman or Batman forums of this site for example.
    I can.only speak for myself, but I am not a Marvel or for that matter a DC fan, I am a fan of Spider-!Man ( and his suporting cast when interacting with Peter Parker). The way to explain the difference is this: I am a huge Penn State Nittany Lion fan, and I root for them in all sports, but tje only sport that I am passionate about ithat may not involve Penn State is college football. If it is college basketball or hockey without Penn State I am not watching. If there is a comic book without Peter Parker/Spider'Man I am not reading ( let alone buying). Maybe this explains why I like or dislike certain things so strongly (like opposing Mephisto anywhere near Spider-Man).

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I can.only speak for myself, but I am not a Marvel or for that matter a DC fan, I am a fan of Spider-!Man ( and his suporting cast when interacting with Peter Parker). The way to explain the difference is this: I am a huge Penn State Nittany Lion fan, and I root for them in all sports, but tje only sport that I am passionate about ithat may not involve Penn State is college football. If it is college basketball or hockey without Penn State I am not watching. If there is a comic book without Peter Parker/Spider'Man I am not reading ( let alone buying). Maybe this explains why I like or dislike certain things so strongly (like opposing Mephisto anywhere near Spider-Man).
    I think at this point we are talking past each other. I don't want to drag this thread further off topic as I've said my piece already.

Where were the mods during all this? My goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Where were the mods during all this? My goodness.
    I often wonder such regarding OMD shenanigans on this forum. More than once I have had to reign myself in, and hopefully a few others, by voluntarily terminating my participation in threads which have gone off the rails.

I often wonder such regarding OMD shenanigans on this forum. More than once I have had to reign myself in, and hopefully a few others, by voluntarily terminating my participation in threads which have gone off the rails.
    Part of me thinks they let it happen because they either agree or disagree, but don't know what to say. Which is...not really fine, but understandable.

BANNED

The recurring theme in the books of giving elements of OMD closure cannot be ignored or dismissed at this stage. It's happening. It doesn't have to give us the desired result, but some form of closure is on the cards.

I'm glad Miles is getting a story that fleshes out the ramifications of dealing with the devil and actually remembering so there's actual stakes and consequences.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-13-2019 at 01:42 AM.

Miles will defeat Satan by going through six stages full of enemies with only two hit points each, beating Mephisto, but wait that was an illusion, so he'll go through the six stages again, and THEN he'll defeat Mephisto for reals.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Miles will defeat Satan by going through six stages full of enemies with only two hit points each, beating Mephisto, but wait that was an illusion, so he'll go through the six stages again, and THEN he'll defeat Mephisto for reals.
    Wow that sounds like the cheapest fanfiction ever.