Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    WHAT??? What would DC do??
    First, they'd laugh maniacally that Marvel/Disney gave up one of its premiere money-makers to them.

After that, who knows. But he'd likely be based in Metropolis. It would be fun to see him working with Superman, being more of a street-level guy to counter-act the cosmic level stuff that Supes handles. Heck he might even work at the Daily Planet alongside Clark Kent and be friends with Jimmy Olsen. I could see his first day there - he hits on Lois Lane, who laughs at him, then Perry White yells at him to get back to work and later Clark Kent invites him to coffee.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-04-2019 at 01:41 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

We've already seen all that. In Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man. Lois points out to a jealous MJ that Peter is a little too old for her.

I mean if you want to see the monument of Spider-Man in DC Comics, look around you. This character inspired the later direction of both Batman and Superman.

The whole Peter Parker and Spider-Man and his relationships coming in the way of his life, inspired Batman in the '70s, especially Strange Apparitions and Batman's romance with Silver St. Cloud, which ends with Bruce complaining about how crime-fighting comes in the way of his happiness in a manner that is more Parker than Wayne. Ra's al ghul knowing Bruce's secret identity and then dropping into his Batcave...all inspired by Norman Osborn Green Goblin who did in 1966. The first time you had a major Silver Age convention broken with lasting consequences in continuity. Green Goblin killed Gwen Stacy in 1972, more than a decade before The Killing Joke and Jason Todd's death. MJ knowing Peter Parker's secret identity the whole time, and being his confidant and marrying him...all that happened ten years before the Lois-Clark marriage.

DC has been stealing Marvel's homework since the 70s. And you know Terry McGinnis in Batman Beyond as the creators point out is basically Peter Parker as Batman. The entire costume--capeless, full-body, face-covering mask and so on...very much aesthetically in line with Ditko.

What I would like to see of a DC Spider-Man is applying DC aesthetics...you know own city, self-contained setting and stories and thematic and symbolic landscape and so on.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 01-04-2019 at 01:49 PM. Reason: change

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    We've already seen all that. In Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man. Lois points out to a jealous MJ that Peter is a little too old for her.

I mean if you want to see the monument of Spider-Man in DC Comics, look around you. This character inspired the later direction of both Batman and Superman.

The whole Peter Parker and Spider-Man and his relationships coming in the way of his life, inspired Batman in the '70s, especially Strange Apparitions and Batman's romance with Silver St. Cloud, which ends with Bruce complaining about how crime-fighting comes in the way of his happiness in a manner that is more Parker than Wayne. Ra's al ghul knowing Bruce's secret identity and then dropping into his Batcave...all inspired by Norman Osborn Green Goblin who did in 1966. The first time you had a major Silver Age convention broken with lasting consequences in continuity. Green Goblin killed Gwen Stacy in 1972, more than a decade before The Killing Joke and Jason Todd's death. MJ knowing Peter Parker's secret identity the whole time, and being his confidant and marrying him...all that happened ten years before the Lois-Clark marriage.

DC has been stealing Marvel's homework since the 70s. And you know Terry McGinnis in Batman Beyond as the creators point out is basically Peter Parker as Batman. The entire costume--capeless, full-body, face-covering mask and so on...very much aesthetically in line with Ditko.

What I would like to see of a DC Spider-Man is applying DC aesthetics...you know own city, self-contained setting and stories and thematic and symbolic landscape and so on.
    Then that's not Spider-Man: that's "Just Imagine DC Comics" Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I have a theory there. Look at the page with Kamala, Amadeus, Viv and Miles with a wrecked town in the background. Viv was leaking weird smoke like she was when she encountered Man-Thing a few issues ago and Snowguard thought she'd been killed. I think what that page was showing... was the death of the core Champions. Miles was the only one of those four to survive. He did the deal with Mephisto to undo the damage and resurrect them. That's why he doesn't want to talk to Kamala later... if he admits what he's done, he's worried he'll be booted off the team.

And based on #3's cover... Kamala will find out and be very upset about it.
    That's what I'm thinking too. And in that regard, it makes total sense.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I have a theory there. Look at the page with Kamala, Amadeus, Viv and Miles with a wrecked town in the background. Viv was leaking weird smoke like she was when she encountered Man-Thing a few issues ago and Snowguard thought she'd been killed. I think what that page was showing... was the death of the core Champions. Miles was the only one of those four to survive. He did the deal with Mephisto to undo the damage and resurrect them. That's why he doesn't want to talk to Kamala later... if he admits what he's done, he's worried he'll be booted off the team.

Based on #3 cover I thought it was Cho who Kamala confronts. What if Miles and Cho both survived and Cho was the one who made deal? Perhaps Miles saw what happened and is conflicted?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    CBR live in their own little world where Peter and Mockingbird will help fans get over OMD an-bwhaahahahahahahaha
    CBR articles is like the only place I saw anyone saying SpideyxMockinbird was a good ship, really lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I was wondering how badly Marvel would screw up Miles in the absence of Bendis. Now I know. Starting to wish Marvel would hand Spider-Man as a whole over to DC.
    DC isn't any better if **** like Batman#50, killing Wally again and aging up Jon so he becomes more serious is any hint, plus bringing back the dark/edgy stories people complained about from New 52, seems they never learn lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Do you mean "too young"? 'cause Peter is supposed to be younger than Supes lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Do you mean "too young"? 'cause Peter is supposed to be younger than Supes lol.
    Yeah. Peter's younger than Lois...so yeah, my bad.

BANNED

DC isn't any better if **** like Batman#50, killing Wally again and aging up Jon so he becomes more serious is any hint, plus bringing back the dark/edgy stories people complained about from New 52, seems they never learn lol.
    Didio has a one track mind, unfortunatly dark is all he knows how to do.

Astonishing Member

I think what will happen is that Miles will get shot in the head, become brain damaged and start referring to himself as Ric.

Dc getting Spiderman means Batman will trash him in a fight, the 'Parker Luck' will become 24/7 misery and his age will be reset to early 20s since thats when Didio read about him.

I am Mephisto himself, who has created a forum account to come to the Spider-Board and torment Mary Jane fans with my mere presence. So I only got one question for ya. What would you do... if you only had ONE. MORE. POST?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

A few posts were deleted. Be polite. Don't question the motives of people you disagree with.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    The entire arc is called “Beat the Devil” Zub isn’t that kind of writer to just introduce something that huge then just not do anything with it?
    Why are we figuring a story in a team book featuring Miles Morales is going to have anything to do with Peter Parker?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    To take the conversation away from Miles. Isn't it obvious? The lil guy's been getting some traction. Folks can't help but try to throw Peter Parker/Spiderman into conversations about Miles in a way gets distracting.
    This seems unlikely as well. Given how riled up fans get about OMD, seeing a connection to a story involving Miles isn't an indication of animus.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

This seems most likely for Miles. Or it could be that bringing them back involves some kind of curse or restriction on them or him, courtesy of Mephisto. The devil doesn't give anything away for free.

Well, thats part of my point - might as well let DC handle the character if we're doing devil stories on a regular basis now. Even bringing in a guy like Mephisto into Spider-Man's world is way too dark and edgy for the character. I mean think about it - Spider-Man (and I'm talking about both Peter and Miles here) is the core of optimism in the Marvel Universe right alongside of Captain America and the Fantastic Four. What mensa thought accepting a deal with Mephisto or a devil of any kind fits in with that motif?
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-04-2019 at 03:53 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Are the spiders just gonna have to get together and slap Mephisto with a mystical restraining order or something?