Page 37 of 216 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, Aaron's messages or themes on his Thor run feel so muddled to me.

Like, it feels like he's portrayed several different reasoning for what makes someone Worthy but never really bothered to explain how Thor, who embodied all those traits, suddenly wasn't while Jane conveniently was.
    We do know, we've known since Unworthy. It's that he has all the traits to be worthy, particularly self sacrifice (which is why Jane could use it, because of her willingness to kill herself not just to save tons of lives as Thor but to also help much less people as Jane Foster, and it's why Bill could use it, since he let his people butcher him so he could protect them) and hasn't lost them, but he doesn't personally believe that he's worthy or should be using it because he's a God, so the doubt makes it so he can't. But he's on his way back by going back to being a hero and fighting the war, which is why he can lift the chip. It's about him developing a higher standard for his morality because of his doubts about Gods that he has to meet before he can be normal again. The hammer isn't cucking him, he's subconsciously cucking himself.
    Last edited by Snoop Dogg; 03-23-2019 at 12:15 AM.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Is that really surprising? The point about his current hammers is that they're nowhere near as durable as Mjolnir so he has to keep going through them.
    those hammers are still enchanted and Uru is very durable metal but he is making a joke out of it, just like everything related to Thor is becoming a joke under Aaron.

Honestly, Aaron's messages or themes on his Thor run feel so muddled to me.

Like, it feels like he's portrayed several different reasoning for what makes someone Worthy but never really bothered to explain how Thor, who embodied all those traits, suddenly wasn't while Jane conveniently was.

And if this storyline is to make Thor grow without Mjolnir...then you should probably have him stop obsessing over hammers and feeling empty without Mjolnir.

This isn't even getting into his theological views of the Gods. Do they do too little? Do they do too much? Is there a point to their existence or are we better off without them?
    true.

Jane is a Mary Sue.

remember what King Thor said about Jane being the best The one who wore you the best.

Thor and Mjolnir are currently the best couple LoL.

it's sooooo disgraceful.
    Last edited by GodThor; 03-23-2019 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    If not Hickman getting to write Thor once Aaron leaves, my second pick is easily Cates. I don't know who else in Marvel's current roster of writers would do a good job on the Thor title.
    Other than Hickman, it'd be amazing if they threw some money at Neil Gaiman to do a run on Thor. Give him 40-50 issues and a promise of no crossover events that would derail his run. A pipe dream, to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    We do know, we've known since Unworthy. It's that he has all the traits to be worthy, particularly self sacrifice (which is why Jane could use it, because of her willingness to kill herself not just to save tons of lives as Thor but to also help much less people as Jane Foster, and it's why Bill could use it, since he let his people butcher him so he could protect them) and hasn't lost them, but he doesn't personally believe that he's worthy or should be using it because he's a God, so the doubt makes it so he can't. But he's on his way back by going back to being a hero and fighting the war, which is why he can lift the chip. It's about him developing a higher standard for his morality because of his doubts about Gods that he has to meet before he can be normal again. The hammer isn't cucking him, he's subconsciously cucking himself.
    I just really have a hard time believing Thor has enough self-doubt that it would create a psychological block that prevented him from wielding the hammer when nothing about him (supposedly) changed otherwise.

I mean, he never did anything to consider himself unworthy. He never really saw anything to question his unworthiness. It was just Nick Fury saying "Gorr was right" which...doesn't really mean as much compared to when Gorr said it.

I remember that theory that maybe Fury had whispered to Thor that he was somehow responsible for Jane's cancer or he did something to exacerbate her condition, which I could more readily believe would cause such a crisis of faith.

And even setting all that aside...aren't we supposed to assume the Mother Storm in Mjolnir decides worthiness? Not the actual wielder?

"But he's on his way back by going back to being a hero and fighting the war, which is why he can lift the chip." I don't know how that's going to improve his opinion of his Worthiness since he would always have done that one way or another.

And the idea that Thor needs a higher standard of morality despite being one of the most noble and righteous individual of any Asgardian or Marvel hero...seems kind of unnecessary. I mean, it's hard to tell sometimes, but he's not Aaron's young Thor anymore.

And even setting all that aside...aren't we supposed to assume the Mother Storm in Mjolnir decides worthiness? Not the actual wielder?

"But he's on his way back by going back to being a hero and fighting the war, which is why he can lift the chip." I don't know how that's going to improve his opinion of his Worthiness since he would always have done that one way or another.

And the idea that Thor needs a higher standard of morality despite being one of the most noble and righteous individual of any Asgardian or Marvel hero...seems kind of unnecessary. I mean, it's hard to tell sometimes, but he's not Aaron's young Thor anymore.
    this is what I was telling myself.

the Mother Storm most likely decides who is worthy.

Ultimate Member

I just really have a hard time believing Thor has enough self-doubt that it would create a psychological block that prevented him from wielding the hammer when nothing about him (supposedly) changed otherwise.

I mean, he never did anything to consider himself unworthy. He never really saw anything to question his unworthiness. It was just Nick Fury saying "Gorr was right" which...doesn't really mean as much compared to when Gorr said it.

I remember that theory that maybe Fury had whispered to Thor that he was somehow responsible for Jane's cancer or he did something to exacerbate her condition, which I could more readily believe would cause such a crisis of faith.

This.

Plus, I'd add that doubt making someone unworthy is a rather troubling message in and of itself. We want people to question their actions. We want people to reflect on what they've done.

The people who never doubt themselves, who always act justified no matter what...are rarely heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    this is what I was telling myself.

the Mother Storm most likely decides who is worthy.
    What I wanna know is how can I tell if a storm is male or female, is the difference in the rain or the shape of the clouds?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    What I wanna know is how can I tell if a storm is male or female, is the difference in the rain or the shape of the clouds?
    Haha I don't think it matters.

BANNED

Losing Mjolnir and Thor being unworthy could have been an EXCELLENT opportunity to show us a Thor who needs no weapon for being the badass and powerful god he's always been, but instead we have a depressed Thor who is obsessed over hammers, constantly gets humilliated in battle by people he shouldn't be, and overshadowed by a mortal with no warrior experience.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    This.

Plus, I'd add that doubt making someone unworthy is a rather troubling message in and of itself. We want people to question their actions. We want people to reflect on what they've done.

The people who never doubt themselves, who always act justified no matter what...are rarely heroes.
    Well, I definitely can agree with Snoop Dogg that it's an element in the contrast of Jane and current Thor in that I can't seem to recall a single moment of self-doubt with Jane as Thor.

Even when she was dying of cancer and just exacerbating her condition she wasn't stopped by self-doubt but other heroes trying to get her to calm down and actually take care of herself.

Well, I definitely can agree with Snoop Dogg that it's an element in the contrast of Jane and current Thor in that I can't seem to recall a single moment of self-doubt with Jane as Thor.

Even when she was dying of cancer and just exacerbating her condition she wasn't stopped by self-doubt but other heroes trying to get her to calm down and actually take care of herself.
    You know, all the mental gymnastic required to make sense of this whole shebang just tell me how stinky it really is.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I also can't help but wonder if the All Father Thor we are seeing is a set up for something that will happen in the present.
    Plus i don't thing they would just drop a cured Jane and an awakened Volstag (was that his name?) just because? I mean all we need is Beta Ray and Thor Girl and we got the makings of a Thor Corps. Though personally i just want to see Beta Ray once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Losing Mjolnir and Thor being unworthy could have been an EXCELLENT opportunity to show us a Thor who needs no weapon for being the badass and powerful god he's always been
    oh but they did (minus the unworthy part) but Aaron ignores it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    still wondering what this loss of one arm was supposed to add from a storytelling pov, as far as I can remember it added nothing to the plot, thor just lost an arm (in a stupid way) and that was it!
    btw, I was just thinking when Eternals get resurrected (let's face it, they will), Thor should ask his friend Sersi to grow his arm back.

it should be within the realm of her power.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    btw, I was just thinking when Eternals get resurrected (let's face it, they will), Thor should ask his friend Sersi to grow his arm back.

it should be within the realm of her power.
    well sure, but It should as well be within the powers of asgardian magic, and thor is not simple asgardian god either (son of an elder goddess)