Page 36 of 216 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    btw, that golden hammer was casually being cracked by Namor LMAO.
    showing like this remind me I need to keep a puke.gif handy.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

95% of it is going to be comprised of inconsequential cash grabs like most of these company-wide events
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    showing like this remind me I need to keep a puke.gif handy.
    yeah, LoL.

btw, I just watched War of the Realms Act 1 trailer and Aaron had Jane shirt on.

bad omen.

according to Goddesses of Thunder, she is the hero WotR.

Astonishing Member

I've no hope Thor will look good from this, regain his worthyness or even come out better

It's possible

But I dought it

yeah, LoL.

btw, I just watched War of the Realms Act 1 trailer and Aaron had Jane shirt on.

bad omen.

according to Goddesses of Thunder, she is the hero WotR.
    as long as she uses her own name Aaron is welcome to storywank about her for the next Century for all I care

btw, that golden hammer was casually being cracked by Namor LMAO.
    Is that really surprising? The point about his current hammers is that they're nowhere near as durable as Mjolnir so he has to keep going through them.

Exactly. Didn't he break dozens of them fighting the Juggernaut?

The hammers Thor is using right now are pale shadows of Mjolnir. That's the point; to showcase the importance of it. It's not just any weapon, Thor had a deep and intimate relationship with that hammer and losing it has been comparable to losing a loved one.

Id like to think that it's also to show that Thor is more than just Mjlonir and he can do the job without it, but......well, Im not sure if that's what Aaron is trying to say.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

If not Hickman getting to write Thor once Aaron leaves, my second pick is easily Cates. I don't know who else in Marvel's current roster of writers would do a good job on the Thor title.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Incredible Member

This whole War of the Realms thing hasn't interested me at all. Its a problem of pacing - I feel like the War of the Realms already happened in the Thor series.
    The dark elves conquering the different lands, killing the various queens, the battles in Hel, with the Thor team unable to do anything - I already assumed that the War of the Realms was already happening.

Now it seems that what they mean by War of the Realms is the invasion of Earth (so that they can do a company wide event). I already have event fatigue even before the event already started.

This feels like a never ending event, and the various detours has made the build up to the event feel off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Exactly. Didn't he break dozens of them fighting the Juggernaut?

The hammers Thor is using right now are pale shadows of Mjolnir. That's the point; to showcase the importance of it. It's not just any weapon, Thor had a deep and intimate relationship with that hammer and losing it has been comparable to losing a loved one.

Id like to think that it's also to show that Thor is more than just Mjlonir and he can do the job without it, but......well, Im not sure if that's what Aaron is trying to say.
    Honestly, Aaron's messages or themes on his Thor run feel so muddled to me.

Like, it feels like he's portrayed several different reasoning for what makes someone Worthy but never really bothered to explain how Thor, who embodied all those traits, suddenly wasn't while Jane conveniently was.

And if this storyline is to make Thor grow without Mjolnir...then you should probably have him stop obsessing over hammers and feeling empty without Mjolnir.

This isn't even getting into his theological views of the Gods. Do they do too little? Do they do too much? Is there a point to their existence or are we better off without them?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, Aaron's messages or themes on his Thor run feel so muddled to me.

Like, it feels like he's portrayed several different reasoning for what makes someone Worthy but never really bothered to explain how Thor, who embodied all those traits, suddenly wasn't while Jane conveniently was.

And if this storyline is to make Thor grow without Mjolnir...then you should probably have him stop obsessing over hammers and feeling empty without Mjolnir.

This isn't even getting into his theological views of the Gods. Do they do too little? Do they do too much? Is there a point to their existence or are we better off without them?
    Yeah, Im with you. Aaron is weird. Its like, I really enjoy his work on some levels but on others Im really dissatisfied and/or just confused about what he's trying to do or say.

He's entertained me the whole way, to one degree or another, but I feel like I'm on a roller coaster I know is going to crash and kill me. I'm having fun but I'm dreading where we're going and confused as to why Im even here......it's weird.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

It does feel like WOTR is going to be secret empire lite what with all the Norse mythology characters carving up earth into their fiefdom just like hydra carved out America amongst themselves.