Page 157 of 166 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2481
  1. #2341
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THORPERION View Post
    Friend, he’s living in a bubble. Why do you think he’s so adamant about fighting each and every one of our opinions. If it (Aaron’s story) was truly so “beloved” he wouldn’t care. He knows. Everywhere you look there is dissent. And on YouTube it’s in the hundreds of thousands. Much more than the units of FalseThor that actually sold. I mean, the story barely came out. There are limited amounts of copies and they’re in dollar bins??? That’s “beloved”??? Can’t wait for THOR’s movie to bomb. When it does they’ll say it’s everyones fault except the fact that it’s because of a Lady Thor.

    I welcome a female version of Thor. Separate from him and his hammer. Sif. Amora. Tarene. Brunhilde. Angela. Not that piece of trash Foster. Quite frankly, a female version of Thor is a disrespect to any of those lovely Asgardian ladies. They don’t need it.

    On your last point, it’s been recently well publicized that Disney was fudging the numbers on its properties to make them seem more favorable to stockholders. FosThor sales were lackluster being honest except for the first 4 issues. Now we know those were probably fake too!
    I liked tarene

    Has she been seen lately?

  2. #2342
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Gorr himself said that our modern Thor is the “Thor who doubts.” Furys whisper just brought those doubts to life, thus making Thor unworthy. Because, to him, he really thought that he was a selfish God.
    Now, yes, I believe the whole saga is a story of self-worth or self doubt. Thor became worthy again when he started believing in himself, and realised its about trying his best despite what others think of him.
    Thor never cared about the opinion of Fury, nor should he care about Gorr.

    And frankly, I don't think it good story telling that one's worthiness is determined by their own self opinion. Were that the case, Doom would have been able to lift in way back when, and God only knows how many other maniacs.

    I'm actually reminded of End League, a series stuffed with parodies/archtypes of existing characters. And to lift Thor's hammer, all they had to do was believe in themselves. Needless to say, it changed hands a few times

    Good story there, bad one here.

  3. #2343
    Fantastic Member Wall-Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I liked tarene

    Has she been seen lately?
    Tarene was absolutely awesome, if a woman deserves to lift the hammer in the MCU, it's her, not Jane Foster. As for her being seen lately, I think not, in fact, I don't remember her being used after Dan Jurgens.

    Speaking of the MCU, I don't even understand their decision anyway, something that I saw 100% of the fans agree about the movies was that Jane and Darcy were the worst part, and as soon as they were removed we got an awesome movie, now they want to bring back what people complained so much about, basing it on a story very divisive among fans.............like what the hell Marvel, what are you thinking.

  4. #2344
    Incredible Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Thor never cared about the opinion of Fury, nor should he care about Gorr.

    And frankly, I don't think it good story telling that one's worthiness is determined by their own self opinion. Were that the case, Doom would have been able to lift in way back when, and God only knows how many other maniacs.

    I'm actually reminded of End League, a series stuffed with parodies/archtypes of existing characters. And to lift Thor's hammer, all they had to do was believe in themselves. Needless to say, it changed hands a few times

    Good story there, bad one here.
    Sure, you say he shouldn’t care about Gorrs opinion, but in-story, he did. During god-bomb we see him thinking “dear god, what if he’s right?” Aaron has this “unworthy” story to tell and he went with it.

  5. #2345
    Incredible Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THORPERION View Post
    Thing is, I’m not addressing them. They address me (and we who don’t like it) when we point out the flaws of logic and continuity as if we’re evil whatever’s just because we call out the nonsense spewed out by their pet author. If they enjoy their nonsense, great! Just don’t come here (a THOR ODINSON thread) defending that travesty of a “story” or mentioning that thief character at all. It is quite a legal petition. I’m not going to her thread and fighting them on why they should hate it. But here, they come to try and justify their story that is largely unwelcome on this thread. That’s all.

    About the retcons, I meant important retcons that are inherent to a character. Such as THOR is a name and not a mantle. Quite frankly there are no “mantles” for gods. You either are one or are not. Assuming ones power through artifacts is cool but you are in no way (nor will you ever legitimately be) a god. Other examples are Stark not being adopted. Wanda and Pietro being Magneto’s offspring. Uncle Ben dying. Bucky, is a character on his own. His death affected Cap but didn’t inherently make him who he is. Cap was already who he was going to always be by the time of that event.
    I mean, whether people like the run or not...it was titled “Thor.” People have every right to discuss it in this thread. For some, it could be the only Thor run they know, so yeah, it should be welcome.

    I do understand the “Thor” is a name not a title stuff, I really do. As I said before, I’ve not even read the whole run but have kept up with it here and there. Again - Aaron just had a different story to tell and he told it that way. Doesn’t mean it was good or it was awful, but if you confine his whole run on its own, he does go with the whole “...shall possess the power of Thor” theme throughout.

    I agree with both arguments. I understand why people don’t like it but also can see why people did.

    Let people say it was good, let people say it was bad. Debate it, sure - but don’t say they aren’t welcome on a thread.

  6. #2346
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I mean, whether people like the run or not...it was titled “Thor.” People have every right to discuss it in this thread. For some, it could be the only Thor run they know, so yeah, it should be welcome.

    I do understand the “Thor” is a name not a title stuff, I really do. As I said before, I’ve not even read the whole run but have kept up with it here and there. Again - Aaron just had a different story to tell and he told it that way. Doesn’t mean it was good or it was awful, but if you confine his whole run on its own, he does go with the whole “...shall possess the power of Thor” theme throughout.

    I agree with both arguments. I understand why people don’t like it but also can see why people did.

    Let people say it was good, let people say it was bad. Debate it, sure - but don’t say they aren’t welcome on a thread.
    They’re not welcome here as we’re not welcome on theirs. This is a Thor ODINSON appreciation thread. Only for Thor ODINSON appreciation which occasionally includes derogatory remarks about the impostor. As is our right on a THOR ODINSON thread. She is not welcome here. I, and others, go to her threads and the same people defending her here threaten us off and banning warnings get sent. Therefore I also will not tolerate them here. Eye for an eye. Simple as that. I don’t want to debate. Not here. Here is a place to enjoy the ONE and ONLY Thor’s greatness.

    SHE IS NOT THOR. There is an overall “Thor” thread where she can be mentioned. This specific thread was made for this very reason. Only Thor fans. Not Fosthor fans. They’re welcome if they agree that THOR ODINSON is the only God of Thunder. If they don’t, this is not the place for them. I, and others, are tired of the insults thrown at us for defending a character we love.

  7. #2347
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Tarene was absolutely awesome, if a woman deserves to lift the hammer in the MCU, it's her, not Jane Foster. As for her being seen lately, I think not, in fact, I don't remember her being used after Dan Jurgens.

    Speaking of the MCU, I don't even understand their decision anyway, something that I saw 100% of the fans agree about the movies was that Jane and Darcy were the worst part, and as soon as they were removed we got an awesome movie, now they want to bring back what people complained so much about, basing it on a story very divisive among fans.............like what the hell Marvel, what are you thinking.

    They’re SJW appeasing dumba$$e$. They think the whole world is on their side. It’s not. They’ll learn soon enough and just like for the publishing division, it’ll be too late to rectify.

  8. #2348
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Tarene was absolutely awesome, if a woman deserves to lift the hammer in the MCU, it's her, not Jane Foster. As for her being seen lately, I think not, in fact, I don't remember her being used after Dan Jurgens.
    She was in Avengers: Initiative and Fear Itself: Youth in Revolt.
    Dance games are my divine punishment from the Lord. May my furnace be forever fueled.

  9. #2349
    Incredible Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THORPERION View Post
    They’re not welcome here as we’re not welcome on theirs. This is a Thor ODINSON appreciation thread. Only for Thor ODINSON appreciation which occasionally includes derogatory remarks about the impostor. As is our right on a THOR ODINSON thread. She is not welcome here. I, and others, go to her threads and the same people defending her here threaten us off and banning warnings get sent. Therefore I also will not tolerate them here. Eye for an eye. Simple as that. I don’t want to debate. Not here. Here is a place to enjoy the ONE and ONLY Thor’s greatness.

    SHE IS NOT THOR. There is an overall “Thor” thread where she can be mentioned. This specific thread was made for this very reason. Only Thor fans. Not Fosthor fans. They’re welcome if they agree that THOR ODINSON is the only God of Thunder. If they don’t, this is not the place for them. I, and others, are tired of the insults thrown at us for defending a character we love.
    Good lord. This is a forum for fans of comics.
    Aaron’s Thor run included Thor Odinson. This is a thread for Thor Odinson. Some people might have enjoyed what Aaron did with the character.
    Fans can talk about the run here and on Janes thread as far as I’m concerned.

    Comics are here to be enjoyed and discussed.

  10. #2350
    Astonishing Member Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THORPERION View Post
    They’re not welcome here as we’re not welcome on theirs. This is a Thor ODINSON appreciation thread. Only for Thor ODINSON appreciation which occasionally includes derogatory remarks about the impostor. As is our right on a THOR ODINSON thread. She is not welcome here. I, and others, go to her threads and the same people defending her here threaten us off and banning warnings get sent. Therefore I also will not tolerate them here. Eye for an eye. Simple as that. I don’t want to debate. Not here. Here is a place to enjoy the ONE and ONLY Thor’s greatness.

    SHE IS NOT THOR. There is an overall “Thor” thread where she can be mentioned. This specific thread was made for this very reason. Only Thor fans. Not Fosthor fans. They’re welcome if they agree that THOR ODINSON is the only God of Thunder. If they don’t, this is not the place for them. I, and others, are tired of the insults thrown at us for defending a character we love.
    The Thor Odinson Appreciation Thread is obviously for fans of Thor (Odinson, though most of us hate that name now), but making deliberately insulting remarks about other characters is unnecessary and just makes an already volatile thread more unpleasant, imo.

  11. #2351
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THORPERION View Post
    They’re SJW appeasing dumba$$e$. They think the whole world is on their side. It’s not. They’ll learn soon enough and just like for the publishing division, it’ll be too late to rectify.
    You know, at the end of the day, you ultimately have to feel sorry for people like this.

    What an awful, painful way to live it must be.

    I can't even imagine it.

  12. #2352
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Sure, you say he shouldn’t care about Gorrs opinion, but in-story, he did. During god-bomb we see him thinking “dear god, what if he’s right?” Aaron has this “unworthy” story to tell and he went with it.
    I'm not denying that it happened, I'm denying that it should have.

    Think about it for a moment. The hammer basically legitimized his depression, his own opinion that he was worthless.

    Is that really a good message for any story, that how you feel when depressed, is what you are actually worth?

    That's setting aside the fact that Gorr's opinion amounts to racism (against an entirely fictional people who aren't a metaphor for anything, so not exactly super terrible) being legitimized.

  13. #2353
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Come on, people, there is no need for insults here. As someone wise said once, there is no such thing as a bad controversy. And all the adversity against Jane Foster as a Thor only feeds that controversy and makes her more popular.

    But I feel a need to say I am not really against Aaron. (I speak ill not about Aaron as a person, only about Aaron as a calling! ) Just kidding. He's done some great things in comics, and - contrary to some other respected writers - he shows great love for the medium, and that's important to me. I am not very interested in his "run" because, in addition to the sentiments expressed in my previous message, I consider the artist in comics to be at least equally important as the writer in terms of the final effect. And I'm not a big fan of Dauterman's style and structure. It's not bad in any sense, but it's not good enough to me to keep me interested. (And there are other things I don't have time and will to discuss at the moment.) I am fan of del Mundo, though, but it's too little too late, and I'm not sure Aaron uses him to full advantage.
    Last edited by Paradox_Nihil; 08-25-2019 at 09:07 AM.

  14. #2354
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    I see, thanks for sharing your take.

    What do you think about Tom DeFalco's run ?
    Sorry, I somehow missed this. I relatively rarely visit this forum. But I'm the last person that should be asked that question. I didn't like many Thor comics over the years. I don't even think Straczynski is a good (comics) writer. He wrote as if for television, and then somehow that script ended up in comics by mistake. He doesn't have a clue about the medium (or he didn't care). Ah, TV, that Holy Grail of so many comics writers!

    To answer your question, I'm fond of some of DeFalco's works, but not of his runs on more "cosmic" titles. He was just trying to be a poor man's Kirby. Of course, a poor man's Kirby can still be more impactful than many of a rich man' choices, but, still, it's not what I want from my comics. The visual style of Ron Frenz surely helped him immensely, and I respect his craft more than DeFalco's script.
    Last edited by Paradox_Nihil; 08-25-2019 at 10:49 AM.

  15. #2355
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    She was in Avengers: Initiative and Fear Itself: Youth in Revolt.
    Yeah...that last mini didn't end well for her. There was even a cover of her getting arrested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    The Thor Odinson Appreciation Thread is obviously for fans of Thor (Odinson, though most of us hate that name now), but making deliberately insulting remarks about other characters is unnecessary and just makes an already volatile thread more unpleasant, imo.
    It's true. Anytime I see that name bandied about or people use it to refer to Thor, I just feel kind of unhappy .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •