Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
I finally watched Thor Ragnarok yesterday. It took me a long time to watch it, because all the talk about how hilarious it was scared me. I have to say, I enjoyed it a lot. But I didn't think it was that funny. Some jokes I did like, especially when he and Hulk are screaming at each other, but I wouldn't say the movie as a whole was hilarious to me. That said, I really liked it, which is a relief. It was way more enjoyable than Thor 1 and especially Thor 2 (which is probably the MCU movie I like the least. I'm not even sure I like it at all to be honest).
Coincidently I just rewatched it having not seen it since the cinema. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it on rewatch. Originally I had a great time, but afterwards felt the humour undercut the weight of the action. Perhaps because jokes never land quite as hard the second time one watches something, I found myself being much more impressed with how the more serious content was handled and my overall impression of the movie has risen quite a bit. Also it is a move that rewards rewatching on a purely visual level. It would be impossible to appreciate all of the great design work and the numerous Kirby nods on a single watch.