Page 1 of 216 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Thor Odinson, God of Thunder Appreciation 2019

Thor is great.
    All though i had not read as many stories of Thor as i have of other super heroes,there have been great runs of Thor.
    The first Thor stories i read were the Walter Simonson stories in Thor.Ever since then i liked the runīs of Tom de Falco,J. Michael Straczynski ,Matt Fraction and Jason Aaron.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't remember when I first saw Thor but I remember it was an old-school art style, like, Jack Kirby era... wait... it's coming back... it was a sticker. A collection of superhero stickers I had as a child. I forgot who else I got but Thor was swinging his hammer... but if it was that sticker, and I'm pretty sure it was, then it's not Jack Kirby art, but a bootleg one, kinda like if you buy action figures at a cheap kiosk on the side of the road.

I finally watched Thor Ragnarok yesterday. It took me a long time to watch it, because all the talk about how hilarious it was scared me. I have to say, I enjoyed it a lot. But I didn't think it was that funny. Some jokes I did like, especially when he and Hulk are screaming at each other, but I wouldn't say the movie as a whole was hilarious to me. That said, I really liked it, which is a relief. It was way more enjoyable than Thor 1 and especially Thor 2 (which is probably the MCU movie I like the least. I'm not even sure I like it at all to be honest).

so who could be part of an updated Thor Corps?

scene with second trailer
    Last edited by juan678; 09-24-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

scene with second trailer
    I get why this whole repowering of the hammer was cut. It was a more powerful entrance the way it was presented in the movie. But I do with they showed this full scene in the deleted scenes of the Blu-ray. I so wanted to see this in full.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Thor is great.
    All though i had not read as many stories of Thor as i have of other super heroes,there have been great runs of Thor.
    The first Thor stories i read were the Walter Simonson stories in Thor.Ever since then i liked the runīs of Tom de Falco,J. Michael Straczynski ,Matt Fraction and Jason Aaron.
    How about the Jurgens run and the Langridge/Samnee run? I thought they were both pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    I get why this whole repowering of the hammer was cut. It was a more powerful entrance the way it was presented in the movie. But I do with they showed this full scene in the deleted scenes of the Blu-ray. I so wanted to see this in full.
    I did too. I saw it online and was so ready to see it and felt shafted

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    How about the Jurgens run and the Langridge/Samnee run? I thought they were both pretty good.
    I have not read any of those two runs yet.

Jurgen's run in the first two years is a pretty good book that's carried by Romita Jr. Then when he leaves it's just kinda meh even though it has a G like Adam Kubert. But then it gets way more ambitious and starts pulling its weight on the writing side in the last three years, but the resolution is so wack that it practically makes the whole thing a waste of time. It's a really weird era. One one hand, you can understand why it's not that popular and so little of it sticks. But on the other, it's so weird that one of the longest runs on a flagship character might as well have vanished into the void.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

One thing I like to see in 2019 for Thor is new writer hoping after this war of realms event is over whenever that is Aaron will leave and we get new writer at this point don’t care who it its as long as they fix mess that Aaron made of Thor.

how many distinct temporary hammers has Thor had so far with this current status quo?
    What is his left arm made from now?

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I have not read any of those two runs yet.
    Sorry to hear about that. But from your list, I really enjoyed Simonson's run. And DeFalco's run was old-school, but I liked it.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-08-2019 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Made a correction.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

My first Thor book. Thor and Loki Blood Brothers. Beautiful art, mythology reference, everyone's there, sewn binding, discount price, perfect.

51oYrmL9dWL.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    My first Thor book. Thor and Loki Blood Brothers. Beautiful art, mythology reference, everyone's there, sewn binding, discount price, perfect.
    Yes. That is a truly beautiful book. Ribic was so good on Loki.