Page 170 of 216 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 3234
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thor makes that Diadem look good.

I love the update and the glowing Ruin on his chest, talk about a superhero outfit.

We are moving away from the the Viking hero of Myth and to a Viking hero of the superhero age.

I would never have thought to see Coipel illustrate Thor again, but hot damn.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I guess nobody will be surprised by this news. Certainly not my first choice but I wish him well and will be interested to see what he does. Klein is not a high profile artist but I generally like his work and the glimpses of his interiors look interesting. Wilson on colours is always good news.

It certainly seems as if this will be a continuation of the current status quo. Destroyer arm on the cover, newly reconstructed Asgard complete with a strong focus on Yggdrasil, King in solicits.

Aaron will be a very difficult act to follow but despite his assertions I doubt Cates will be too worried. He is a bold storyteller. Perhaps a little too bold occasionally.
    Doesn't look like it, the design makes it look as if he still has the Destroyer arm, so it may be a new status quo take a look:

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Doesn't look like it, the design makes it look as if he still has the Destroyer arm, so it may be a new status quo take a look:

Well I hadn’t seen that sketch until now. The spikes on the arm on the cover may indeed be misleading. The interior appears to have a horned helmet looking guy that is suspiciously Thor like with an mismatched black arm and the other picture with his back to us shows the destroyer arm, so I still expect it to start with a continuation. Perhaps the new design will be a splash page at the end of issue one.

I like some of the design. Not so sure about that sash, but at least it has a meaning.

The lettering is excellent. (Although mostly a reweighted and differently coloured version of the God of Thunder lettering.)
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-04-2019 at 03:40 PM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Well I hadn’t seen that sketch until now. The spikes on the arm on the cover may indeed be misleading. The interior appears to have a horned helmet looking guy that is suspiciously Thor like with an mismatched black arm and the other picture with his back to us shows the destroyer arm, so I still expect it to start with a continuation. Perhaps the new design will be a splash page at the end of issue one.

I like some of the design. Not so sure about that sash, but at least it has a meaning.

The lettering is excellent.
    I wonder how will Cates give his eye and arm back; my guess it has to do something with Yggdrasil.

I think the horned helmet dude is Thor trying to figure out his "All-Father" look before he decides on the Diadem.

I was so enamored with Coipel's art I missed the fact that the Ravens Huginn and Muninn are hanging with Thor.

I was so enamored with Coipel's art I missed the fact that the Ravens Huginn and Muninn are hanging with Thor.
    They are a nice touch. There is always something cool about the double raven motif.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Aww snap! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feels like a proper update of the Coipel design.

I miss the helmet though...
    Loving the clean shaven Thor. Whether they intend it or not... I have now gotten it in my mind that bearded Thor sucks. He's either depressed, broken weak or crippled in some fashion or other. Basically going from Walt Simonson's Hela-cursed version through rookie Eric Masterson all the way to current Thor... when he grows that beard he's less than what Thor should be.

When he's in his right mind and full powered prince of Asgard… it's always the clean shaven version

BANNED

I guess nobody will be surprised by this news. Certainly not my first choice but I wish him well and will be interested to see what he does. Klein is not a high profile artist but I generally like his work and the glimpses of his interiors look interesting. Wilson on colours is always good news. Nobody will complain if Coipel keeps doing covers.

It certainly seems as if this will be a continuation of the current status quo. Destroyer arm on the cover, newly reconstructed Asgard complete with a strong focus on Yggdrasil, King in solicits.

Aaron will be a very difficult act to follow but despite his assertions I doubt Cates will be too worried. He is a bold storyteller. Perhaps a little too bold occasionally.
    It is indeed very difficult to take over after the writer who single handedly destroyed the character and alienated a large part of the fanbase...........difficult indeed lol.

Thor makes that Diadem look good.

I love the update and the glowing Ruin on his chest, talk about a superhero outfit.

We are moving away from the the Viking hero of Myth and to a Viking hero of the superhero age.

I would never have thought to see Coipel illustrate Thor again, but hot damn.

Don't know about that... Kirby's iconic design was a lot more 'superhero' and a lot less 'Viking hero of myth'. If anything it feels like a return to form for Thor. Which is what I hope for

I'm happy that we seem to be getting a return to serious, takes no @#$&, God of Thunder Thor. If Cates can improve upon Aaron's characterization of Thor I will be immensely happy.

Just from that redesign alone it'll be nice to have a Thor that looks like Thor and has a nice, symmetrical, design.
    It definitely seems like we start off with King Thor before something happens that gives Thor his new design.
    Good art, but the new design can't come soon enough. Thor looks wayyyyy too much like Odin.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Loving the clean shaven Thor. Whether they intend it or not... I have now gotten it in my mind that bearded Thor sucks. He's either depressed, broken weak or crippled in some fashion or other. Basically going from Walt Simonson's Hela-cursed version through rookie Eric Masterson all the way to current Thor... when he grows that beard he's less than what Thor should be.

When he's in his right mind and full powered prince of Asgard… it's always the clean shaven version
    Yeah, I haven't been in love with bearded Thor as of late either.

BANNED

Anyway, I am so glad at this news, I love Donny Cates' writing and I'm sure he'll do a great job, though I will miss Thor's beard, characters always look better with beard, and his huge beard on the black and white pic posted above looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Anyway, I am so glad at this news, I love Donny Cates' writing and I'm sure he'll do a great job, though I will miss Thor's beard, characters always look better with beard, and his huge beard on the black and white pic posted above looks amazing.
    I think Thor looks better with a longer beard and hair compared to what he's currently been sporting.

That pic above makes him look too much like Odin in my opinion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Thor looks better with a longer beard and hair compared to what he's currently been sporting.

That pic above makes him look too much like Odin in my opinion.
    Wouldn't it be a natural progression of the story that he looks like his father now that he has taken the throne and title of all-father though ? I know it does give us a bad taste because it reminds us of the mess Aaron made, but under Cates this Odin-ish look could get a whole new meaning and when we see him like that we'll think of the word "badass". Just imagine him sporting that look around The Avengers or other heroes and owning villains, it looks too divine, it's definitely a stand-out look.

Not that it matters, because as we have seen, those looks won't last, the good thing is that his new design still makes him look divine with those stars on it, he looks like a cosmic god.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Wouldn't it be a natural progression of the story that he looks like his father now that he has taken the throne and title of all-father though ? I know it does give us a bad taste because it reminds us of the mess Aaron made, but under Cates this Odin-ish look could get a whole new meaning and when we see him like that we'll think of the word "badass". Just imagine him sporting that look around The Avengers or other heroes and owning villains, it looks too divine, it's definitely a stand-out look.

Not that it matters, because as we have seen, those looks won't last, the good thing is that his new design still makes him look divine with those stars on it, he looks like a cosmic god.
    I'd just be thinking to myself, "why is this Odin-looking fellow swinging Thor's hammer around and ruling Asgard?" .

If this were Thor in an endgame scenario I wouldn't have as much of a problem, like with Ragnarok and losing the eye, but this is different if it's an ongoing look. I'd rather Thor seem more unique then that.

By comparison the redesign looks far more like Thor.