Page 163 of 216 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3234

So, rather tangential, but, Hickman might have just tied Krakoa to Asgardian elements.

twilight sword.jpg

"Twilight sword" is such a specific phrasing, after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I've said before I worry that Aaron will put him in the Odin role. When he showed old King Thor in the God-Butcher arc and mentioned all these things supposedly in the far-off future it was fun; however since then he seems determined to have them come about sooner rather than later, despite whether it makes sense. I don't like it at all.
    Yeah, for a distant future that will probably be retconned out at some point he seems pretty insistent on trying to make it the exact canon future of the Thor mythos.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    So, rather tangential, but, Hickman might have just tied Krakoa to Asgardian elements.

twilight sword.jpg

"Twilight sword" is such a specific phrasing, after all...
    Those wacky Asgardians creating sentient landmasses .

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Intestines + Mjolnir = Jason Aaron's King Thor!

Cannot believe how METAL this issue was!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

That was dope. I'd also describe it as "gnarly" and "rad." Thank the All-Father he saved that for Ribic.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    That was dope. I'd also describe it as "gnarly" and "rad." Thank the All-Father he saved that for Ribic.
    Don't forget "totally tubular"

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Thor #227 Sep 1974
    "In Search of...Ego!"
    Odin looks on, as Galactus, Thor, Hercules and Firelord begin to attack the mad planet Ego;

Meanwhile, in Asgard, Odin has a plan in mind; Odin will not interfere in Thor and Galactus' quest,
    but if Thor dies in battle with the Living Planet, Ego will be slain in turn;
    Back on Ego, Firelord, Thor and Hercules fight their way through Ego's humanoid constructs to Ego's mind;

Thor throws Mjolnir and strikes Ego's brain.

Script by Gerry Conway, pencils by Rich Buckler, inks by Joe Sinnott

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, for a distant future that will probably be retconned out at some point he seems pretty insistent on trying to make it the exact canon future of the Thor mythos.
    It’s a carved out corner of the timeline that seems unlikely to be ever contradicted completely, so I don’t think we need to worry about it.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

So, this is going to sound a little dismissive but I was disappointed with the art in King Thor. The story was OK but mostly set-up, which is fine but I was looking forward to Ribic on Thor again and it feels rushed.

Compare this to VS and there is no comparison. On that Ribic pulled out the stops, and here Ribic is a little loose in places. Oddly I usually like loose Ribic. At times his looser work is his best for me. The work he did while rushed on Secret Wars was phenomenal.

Maybe it is because of some of the flatter colours from Svorcina. There are some stunning panels and shading, but there are some less great ones too. The Napalm planet moment was very perfunctory, and some of the simpler rendering in that fight contrasts with much of the Library scene and the final splash.

The panel with the book and Elli is really quite poor.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    So, this is going to sound a little dismissive but I was disappointed with the art in King Thor. The story was OK but mostly set-up, which is fine but I was looking forward to Ribic on Thor again and it feels rushed.

Compare this to VS and there is no comparison. On that Ribic pulled out the stops, and here Ribic is a little loose in places. Oddly I usually like loose Ribic. At times his looser work is his best for me. The work he did while rushed on Secret Wars was phenomenal.

Maybe it is because of some of the flatter colours from Svorcina. There are some stunning panels and shading, but there are some less great ones too. The Napalm planet moment was very perfunctory, and some of the simpler rendering in that fight contrasts with much of the Library scene and the final splash.

The panel with the book and Elli is really quite poor.
    For Ribic, the colorist can make or break his sketchy style; however, he could have been put on a deadline. He did write and illustrate the recent Conan One-Shot as well as doing all of the covers, but I didn't see any issue with his art.

I do wish these last four issues were double sized for amazing splash pages though.

Also King Thor #1 confirmed what we got a glimpse of in Thor #16 for Odin.

It's an interesting wrinkle for a God, especially as the father of all Asgardian Gods.

I feel bad for the poor old man because no amount of Odinsleep will help.

At least he saw a true successor rise and take the mantle of "All-Father."

Man, looking back at Aaron's run who woulda thunk that it would have been such a melancholic endeavor, doesn't matter if you're a hero or a God the end will eventually come.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Yes this was a good issue and with who showed up at the end, I get to see that battle with him and Thor again.

It’s a carved out corner of the timeline that seems unlikely to be ever contradicted completely, so I don’t think we need to worry about it.
    Well some of the main elements like Thor missing an eye, having a metallic arm, and being a king are probably going to get reversed eventually because comics (and I'm not even saying that just because I have issue with those elements), so I guess it still works if you just assume that all happens to Thor again when he's older .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well some of the main elements like Thor missing an eye, having a metallic arm, and being a king are probably going to get reversed eventually because comics (and I'm not even saying that just because I have issue with those elements), so I guess it still works if you just assume that all happens to Thor again when he's older .
    I would bet that he never gets his arm back. Being king is not necessarily permanent anyway, and the wider public are used to him having one eye or even a prosthetic one, so none of those things need to be “preversed” in permanent ways. Why should they be?
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 09-13-2019 at 12:08 AM.

I would bet that he never gets his arm back. Being king is not necessarily permanent anyway, and the wider public are used to him having one eye or even a prosthetic one, so none of those things need to be “reversed” in permanent ways. Why should they be?
    I have a hard time believing Thor won't get his arm back. Not really sure what point there is in keeping it beyond adhering to Aaron's future Thor. From a visual standpoint it's distracting enough that I think someone will do away with it. Iconography wise it's a bit of an eyesore if not as bad as when it was gold like his hammer.

I also don't think the wider public are used to him having one eye for how short he ended up having it in the movies, and that didn't stick. One-eyed Thor isn't all that popular a visual as far as I'm aware.

Why reverse anything in comics? It still happens though.

Ultimate Member

I would bet that he never gets his arm back. Being king is not necessarily permanent anyway, and the wider public are used to him having one eye or even a prosthetic one, so none of those things need to be “reversed” in permanent ways. Why should they be?
    I'd take money on that bet.

Thor's flesh and blood arm will return, if for no other reason, than one of Marvel's strongest and most powerful heroes doesn't have an indestructible, unfeeling arm