Page 38 of 216 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    btw, I was just thinking when Eternals get resurrected (let's face it, they will), Thor should ask his friend Sersi to grow his arm back.

it should be within the realm of her power.
    I'm of two minds about that.

On the one hand, we're more aware than ever of soldiers losing limbs in battle, of having to adapt and deal with the trauma. Thor could be a character that could explore that.

But on the other hand, has Aaron really addressed the lost limb, and any trauma associated with it, at all? Hell, losing it to begin with was poorly executed and felt more random than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

On the one hand, we're more aware than ever of soldiers losing limbs in battle, of having to adapt and deal with the trauma. Thor could be a character that could explore that.

But on the other hand, has Aaron really addressed the lost limb, and any trauma associated with it, at all? Hell, losing it to begin with was poorly executed and felt more random than anything else.
    of all the problems should a loss of limbs be really explored in a book about an asgardian god? I just dont think the theme of the "trauma" matches the setting
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    well sure, but It should as well be within the powers of asgardian magic, and thor is not simple asgardian god either (son of an elder goddess)
    this also pisses me off and it's not only Aaron.

they don't acknowledge Thor's heritage and act like he is just an Asgardian God.

hell, even if the do it was just a by-away comment.

the only purpose was to humiliate him.
    Last edited by GodThor; 04-05-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Ultimate Member

of all the problems should a loss of limbs be really explored in a book about an asgardian god? I just dont think the theme of the "trauma" matches the setting
    Why not? Fiction has been used to address many a concept via metaphor and such.

Thor comes from a culture that glorifies warfare and frowns on weakness. Thor might find himself hard pressed to find support for his recent loss. Or the story could go in another direction, in Thor finding support easily but struggling to accept it.

There are plenty of angles to explore, though Aaron went with the boring one, which was not to address it at all.

Tyr is the obvious character to explore that idea, having lost his hand to the Fenris Wolf.

I don't think it really works in super-hero comics anyway, as the available tech provides limbs just as good if not better than those they lost.

Why not? Fiction has been used to address many a concept via metaphor and such.

Thor comes from a culture that glorifies warfare and frowns on weakness. Thor might find himself hard pressed to find support for his recent loss. Or the story could go in another direction, in Thor finding support easily but struggling to accept it.

There are plenty of angles to explore, though Aaron went with the boring one, which was not to address it at all.
    mine it's just a very subjective consideration so take it with a grain of salt, when I look for a comic book about mythic an powerful gods I'm not longing for a commentary on permanent physical injuries
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Tyr is the obvious character to explore that idea, having lost his hand to the Fenris Wolf.

I don't think it really works in super-hero comics anyway, as the available tech provides limbs just as good if not better than those they lost.
    Tyr's been missing a hand for a while now. He could help Thor address, sure but it wouldn't work as the main character.

As for replacing the limbs, most restore functionality. Not say, things like physical feeling or remove the memory of having lost it in the first place

mine it's just a very subjective consideration so take it with a grain of salt, when I look for a comic book about mythic an powerful gods I'm not longing for a commentary on permanent physical injuries
    it's bad enough that he moans about Mjolnir.

I don't want Thor to go around and be depressed because he doesn't have an arm.

it would LOOK terrible (it already is).

btw, I just took another peek at that chapter where Mjolnir got destroyed and saw Thor getting restrained by few fodder Asgardians in the background.

even those little details that you shouldn't pay much attention are bad.
    Last edited by GodThor; 03-24-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Tyr's been missing a hand for a while now. He could help Thor address, sure but it wouldn't work as the main character.

As for replacing the limbs, most restore functionality. Not say, things like physical feeling or remove the memory of having lost it in the first place
    actually this year we "lowly" humans were just able to implant the first robotic hands capable of sensory feedback, should the gods be left behind ? I think not

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    btw, that golden hammer was casually being cracked by Namor LMAO.
    No that didn’t happen. It was in the very next issue, and indeed in the most recent issue.

There are two ways of looking at the golden hammer as it was previewed in #700. Either that was just supposed to be a glimpse of the Avengers costume, and the golden colour is just a colourful choice, or the gold meant something important.

The two books do somewhat contradict, in the way that team books often do contradict. In Avengers Thor is not particularly concerned by multiple hammers. He seems to have the same one throughout the entire run. In his own book he is constantly breaking them and makes a point of asking for more.

Originally I assumed we would get its introduction in Thor, and that it would become his primary hammer, but we are running out of time for that to happen and I think the timelines have marched too far forward for the whole of Thor to be prior to Avengers #1. So I guess that would suggest that the golden Avengers hammer is just part of his Avengers costume. A hammer he keeps at the Celestial base perhaps.

The hammer in Avengers has sometimes been coloured inconsistently. One time it sits on the table looking like stone. Another it only has the slightest hint of gold beneath a lightning blue glow. Mostly it has been coloured gold.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-28-2019 at 02:25 AM.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Thor #472 Mar 1994
    First appearance of the Godlings: Blitzana, Loga, and Luminor in "If Twilight Falls"
    Thor wakes from his dream of Ragnarok, to find his friends and father around him;

Thor tells them that he cannot stay in Asgard, his destiny is on Earth;

Odin tells him no, and he is forced to fight his way through his friends, and leaves;
    He arrives on Earth and finds a battle between three powerful humans and three animal-like monsters;

Thor interferes and helps take down the three monsters, but is stopped by the master of all six - the High Evolutionary.

Script by Roy Thomas, pencils by M. C. Wyman, inks by Mike DeCarlo

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    hhahahahaha this is the "best writing" on Thor comics I have seen in more than 40 years, do they give nobel's prizes for writing comics?
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-28-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAAH Odin killed by freaking Dark Elves HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I'm done.
    Last edited by GodThor; 03-28-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Why is Odin so weak?

I am way behind on Thor but how did a Skyfather get stabbed by redshirt elves?

EDIT: I mean, he just went toe-to-toe with Mangog not too long ago.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 03-28-2019 at 03:34 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html