Page 185 of 216 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3234

Regarding gods in the MCU, I wonder if this was because of that time when Disney got some flack for making a Hercules movie which featured a pantheon of gods that weren't Christian (ironic given the obvious Christian influences of the film). Also, I recall season 2 of Earth's Mightiest Heroes introducing Thor as the "prince of thunder" not god of thunder.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Seemed to me that this was more about establishing rules to magic that made it more understandable. One of the biggest issues with magic in fiction, particularly superhero settings, is that it's vagueness means it can be an easily abused deus ex machina. It should also be remembered that the pov character for Dr Strange is a man who has existed in a world of hard logic and facts. Telling him that magic is programming is probably the best way to sell him on it.
    I don't disagree, but magic at the same time, is more metaphor than set abilities. But set abilities better follow chekhov's gun/law. In the movie, Strange's abilities and those of the cast were well defined.

Though I have no idea how he did most of the stuff he did in Infinity War and End Game :P

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Man, those pages remind me how much I miss the days where Thor was written to do more than just shoot lightning and throw his hammer.
    I miss when he used to shoot kamehameha-like beams from his uru hammer and contain the explosion of a galaxy busting bomb and being deadly to vampires. To say nothing of the Odinforce.

I hate this mentality of ''more powers equals boring character''. I like characters with over the top powers that allows them to fight in galaxy shaking Dragonball-esque battles.

Classic Thor: The hammer Is just a tool but i keep fighting to save the world because i am the god of thunder and lord of Asgard! (Proceeds to destroy Durok with a God Blast)

Modern Thor: Waaaaaah! I can't do anything without my precious hammer!

I miss Classic Thor.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I miss when he used to shoot kamehameha-like beams from his uru hammer and contain the explosion of a galaxy busting bomb and being deadly to vampires. To say nothing of the Odinforce.

I hate this mentality of ''more powers equals boring character''. I like characters with over the top powers that allows them to fight in galaxy shaking Dragonball-esque battles.

Classic Thor: The hammer Is just a tool but i keep fighting to save the world because i am the god of thunder and lord of Asgard! (Proceeds to destroy Durok with a God Blast)

Modern Thor: Waaaaaah! I can't do anything without my precious hammer!

I miss Classic Thor.
    Hopefully Cates can depict Thor well, I don't think there's anything wrong with Thor being introspective and doubting himself, but I have a problem with the insecurity and the drinking. He never got over, worked through, or learned to live with his insecurities, he just wallowed in them and used alcohol as a coping mechanism. He doesn't feel like himself again until he gets the hammer back.

BANNED

Very very late, but I just read King Thor #2, it was amazing, would've been perfect if the granddaughters hadn't mentioned Jane as an important part of the universe and the beginning of the saga, stop trying to shove her down our throats Aaron.

Other than that, this issue was excellent.
    Last edited by Wall-Crawler; 11-03-2019 at 06:09 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Are the numbers all that special really, they compare relatively equally to the JMS run, I'll accept he's held the interest for a long time, but the numbers aren't extraordinary are they
    No, Aaron's Thor sales are not that special, they have been the same they've always been, JMS sold much better, Dan Jurgens at the beginning sold much better, I've gone through this many times but JKTheMac never actually replies to those points, changes subject or just ignores it.

He seems to think that by spouting in every post that Aaron's run is "incredibly succesful and hugely popular" will somehow make it real or he might convince someone......sadly that's not how it works.

If you want to see an example of a character that has actually gained a boost in sales with a book loved by both critics and fans, look at Immortal Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    No, Aaron's Thor sales are not that special, they have been the same they've always been, JMS sold much better, Dan Jurgens at the beginning sold much better, I've gone through this many times but JKTheMac never actually replies to those points, changes subject or just ignores it.

He seems to think that by spouting in every post that Aaron's run is "incredibly succesful and hugely popular" will somehow make it real or he might convince someone......sadly that's not how it works.

If you want to see an example of a character that has actually gained a boost in sales with a book loved by both critics and fans, look at Immortal Hulk.
    Hulk Is currently the most viewed character on the Marvel Database. Even more than Wolverine and TOAA.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Very very late, but I just read King Thor #2, it was amazing, would've been perfect if the granddaughters hadn't mentioned Jane as an important part of the universe and the beginning of the saga, stop trying to shove her down our throats Aaron.

Other than that, this issue was excellent.
    Jane is Aaron's pet character. Kinda like what Luke Cage and Kitty Pryde are to Bendis.

Ultimate Member

It seems Thor will fight Captain Marvel in her title very soon.

I guess Thor will get his ass kicked there too. I’m being pre-emptively depressed.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I guess Thor will get his ass kicked there too. I’m being pre-emptively depressed.
    Depends if it Aaron's version or Cates'

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I don't want to assume too much of Thompson, but I am expecting Thor to job.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Depends if it Aaron's version or Cates'
    It's Aaron's.

It might be a while before we see Cates' Thor reflected in other books. I wonder how Aaron might handle it.

BANNED

According to BleedingCool, the entire issue is practically a prolonged fight between Thor and Carol, and that there's a definitive winner by the end of the issue, and we know who it's going to be.

Poor Thor can't get a freaking break, I'd rather have him dead than suffering this constant humilliation.

According to BleedingCool, the entire issue is practically a prolonged fight between Thor and Carol, and that there's a definitive winner by the end of the issue, and we know who it's going to be.

Poor Thor can't get a freaking break, I'd rather have him dead than suffering this constant humilliation.
    Hopefully Cates breathes some new life into the God of Thunder.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully Cates breathes some new life into the God of Thunder.
    On that, I'm positive he will.

When will it end? Geez...
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.