Page 98 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3234
    BANNED

Now we're pretending Aaron saved Thor comic books from being cancelled ? That's a big no, I mean, we just had two consecutive events based around Thor's world (Siege and Fear Itself) which shaped the entirety of the Marvel landscape at that time, we had JMS run which sold hilariously better than Aaron's, we had Gillen and then Fraction, both of whom had comparable sales to Aaron's books.

Aaron saved nothing, quite the contrary, he has alienated the Thor fanbase, at least when you have meh stories you still have your fans, but Aaron managed to push away a lot of fans (granted he brought in new ones, about the same as he pushed away), but in the end, Aaron saved absolutely nothing.

Talk about going out of your way to defend a writer.

BANNED

yes. It would help perhaps if JK Mac occasionally talked about the faults of Aaron's run instead of always concentrating on the positives. I mean the guy isn't Shakespeare and even his books have flaws according to critics.

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    sigh... ya :/

but hey, here's to hoping a new writer comes along sometime soon to try and fix some stuff up~
    hopefully... but writers are apparently liking his run so much.

Yes, I'm pretty sure Aaron's run will define Thor for the next 20 years, unfortunately for me. I will be interested to see if the next writer manages to get top artists like Aaron has, I think that's very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Yes, I'm pretty sure Aaron's run will define Thor for the next 20 years, unfortunately for me. I will be interested to see if the next writer manages to get top artists like Aaron has, I think that's very important.
    tbh current artist isn't much, at least for me.

his art is more for Deadpool or Gwenpool but not for Thor IMO.

not saying he is a bad artist.

it's just not for me.
    Last edited by GodThor; 06-08-2019 at 04:46 AM.

Amazing Member

Yes, I'm pretty sure Aaron's run will define Thor for the next 20 years, unfortunately for me.
    ya :/

but at least we can hope for a new writer who actually likes and can write about THOR and not fcking jane foster... maybe get rid of roz solomon while they're at it... also go about fixing what aaron's done to other characters like Odin, Brunnhilde, so on. These would be good places to start that wouldn't need to involve any major changes to fix aaron's stupid retcons and destruction of the Thor mythos.
    Last edited by voidox; 06-08-2019 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    but at least we can hope for a new writer who actually likes and can write about THOR and not fcking jane foster... maybe get rid of roz solomon while they're at it...
    don't forget Frejya as well, the suddenly out of nowhere and most respected All Mother (besides Jane ofc) and the most wounded wife in history...
    Last edited by GodThor; 06-08-2019 at 05:13 AM.

I dunno. I can understand the worry but I think it will depend a lot on what the next writer's take on Thor is and how it compares to Aaron.

I think the movies have a bigger impact to be honest but even then I think the standard tends to be more prevalent in the long run.

BANNED

Nah, current comic books are not static for that much time, sadly Aaron's run will indeed influence Thor books for a while, but I think 5 years will be about it, might be less if the next run on Thor is great and well received by fans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Now we're pretending Aaron saved Thor comic books from being cancelled ? That's a big no, I mean, we just had two consecutive events based around Thor's world (Siege and Fear Itself) which shaped the entirety of the Marvel landscape at that time, we had JMS run which sold hilariously better than Aaron's, we had Gillen and then Fraction, both of whom had comparable sales to Aaron's books.

Aaron saved nothing, quite the contrary, he has alienated the Thor fanbase, at least when you have meh stories you still have your fans, but Aaron managed to push away a lot of fans (granted he brought in new ones, about the same as he pushed away), but in the end, Aaron saved absolutely nothing.

Talk about going out of your way to defend a writer.
    Yes, that's all a nonsense, he had helped make Thor books a bigger deal, but on no way did they need saving

Whilst there was a pause after Thor disassembled they have done very well since then and much of previously, and JMS sold very well

And as you put it, 2 events which affected the universe happened before, they might not sell as well as wotr, but as I say, he had done well but to suggest they needed saving is simply incorrect

Furthermore we can't know for sure the impact the MCU has had on Thor sales, though I suspect not too much but then the numbers aren't too much more anyways

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Yes, that's all a nonsense, he had helped make Thor books a bigger deal, but on no way did they need saving

Whilst there was a pause after Thor disassembled they have done very well since then and much of previously, and JMS sold very well

And as you put it, 2 events which affected the universe happened before, they might not sell as well as wotr, but as I say, he had done well but to suggest they needed saving is simply incorrect

Furthermore we can't know for sure the impact the MCU has had on Thor sales, though I suspect not too much but then the numbers aren't too much more anyways
    Actually, I think Siege sold much better than WOTR, but I'd have to check to be sure.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Marvel's "biggest and bestest" event since SW can't even crack the top 10 anymore.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...ealms-top-ten/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Actually, I think Siege sold much better than WOTR, but I'd have to check to be sure.
    I've just been looking back, it did better than I thought, as was Thor back then too

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cates and Rosenberg are probably more likely then Narcisse or Whitley. Cates especially since he's an established Thor fan.

I love Ewing. I think he could have a ball as the main Thor writer.
    Yeah I agree on that.. I'm mainly using them as random examples of more traditional, continue the narrative writers as opposed to big new direction writers.

Also agree Ewing would be a good choice. I've liked everything he's done. I think they'll probably go a splashier route though. Hickman, maybe, if he only has a short stay on the X Men?
    A big return like Millar (although he's doing fantastic right now, making Netflix and movie pitches in the form of indie comics)... My money is on Cates though, he's the golden boy of the moment (deservedly so imo) and I think he'll get first crack at most major openings. His God Country was brilliant and terrifying imo and he seemed to have fun using stand ins for Kirby's Asgard.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Yeah I agree on that.. I'm mainly using them as random examples of more traditional, continue the narrative writers as opposed to big new direction writers.

Also agree Ewing would be a good choice. I've liked everything he's done. I think they'll probably go a splashier route though. Hickman, maybe, if he only has a short stay on the X Men?
    A big return like Millar (although he's doing fantastic right now, making Netflix and movie pitches in the form of indie comics)... My money is on Cates though, he's the golden boy of the moment (deservedly so imo) and I think he'll get first crack at most major openings. His God Country was brilliant and terrifying imo and he seemed to have fun using stand ins for Kirby's Asgard.
    I don't see Millar writing for the Big Two ever again if he can help it (not that I'd really want him on Thor to be honest).

Cates is a Thor fan so if he has the time/opportunity I can see him wanting it.

Although I hear he writes a weird Beta Ray Bill.