Page 181 of 216 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3234
    BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Thor #348 Oct 1984
    "The Dark and the Light"
    Roger manages to temporarily stop Malekith from opening the Casket.
    Balder meets the Norns, and he discovers how important he is in the overall scheme of things.
    He also sees how one small act by one person, can affect everyone else.
    Meanwhile, Thor saves himself from the pit

and he and Roger

defeat Malekith once and for all.
    In Asgard, the Warriors Three have gathered the host of Asgard for war.
    While Thor is distracted by Melodi aka Lorelei, Malekith grabs Roger's gun and hurls it at the Casket, shattering it.
    The intense cold freezes the portal, allowing Surtur to shatter it, and enter our world.

Script and pencils by Walter Simonson, inks by Bob Wiacek

Was there ever a better letterer than John Workman? He was amazing on Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Was there ever a better letterer than John Workman? He was amazing on Thor.
    Agreed. But all the fame and accolade went to Tom Orzechowski, IIRC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Zub; it's pretty good so far.

I like that he uses Thor as a heavy.
    I liked Zub's Thunderbolts a lot, might give this a shot.

Thor beam .

I like the more classic Loki design .

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Another one hit out of the park by Aaron.

The speech by Thor to Loki, made me tear up.

Esad killing it with the art; but you can tell in some panels he is rushing to meet deadlines.

I honestly cannot say how this saga will end, Thor may restart the universe and become a capital "G" god and bring life back to the universe.

Even with two issues left Aaron can really bring the tension and build a mystery, like the is the "beginning" that the Lightning Sisters are hunting for.

And of course: space sharks!

That was one gorgeous issue. This is more like the Esad I was hoping for. Those closing monochromatic panels were glorious. Clearly evoking the Sistine Chapel but in darkness and despair. Not the spark of creation but at least a spark of hope and rage against that dying light. The Crux Decussata echos and literally twists the Gods War self-crucifixion into a symbol of this despair.

Yet, while the brothers are tied up in a cyclical theological dead-end, Thor’s granddaughters search for evidence of the connection between mortals and deity. A final and defining truth to cut through to the underlying themes and bring the entire epic to a close. In other words the story is equally impressive as a bookend to this run.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

After seeing the January solicitations I may drop Thor, another universe ending threat for Thor is a bit old hat. We just had 7 years worth with Aaron, I would love more Earthly adventures with Thor or even a Young Thor title that looks at his time fighting Apocalypse (especially because of his prominence in Hickman's X-Men) or other monsters during the viking age.

After seeing the January solicitations I may drop Thor, another universe ending threat for Thor is a bit old hat. We just had 7 years worth with Aaron, I would love more Earthly adventures with Thor or even a Young Thor title that looks at his time fighting Apocalypse (especially because of his prominence in Hickman's X-Men) or other monsters during the viking age.
    I'd only read a young Thor book if he was written more like he was in Tales of Asgard.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'd only read a young Thor book if he was written more like he was in Tales of Asgard.
    The more I see of the new design the less I like than chest pattern

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I would love that, one can wish

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    The more I see of the new design the less I like than chest pattern
    I think it is a little odd, but at least it is the Thurisaz otherwise known as the Thor Rune, so it has meaning even if the design is a little odd. It evokes the smiting of evil giants or thurses. Or against the forces of ignorance.

I would like to think it’s a look that will develop a little as artists tackle it and find a way to make it work.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-24-2019 at 02:39 PM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

There were barely any universal threats that present-day Thor actually dealt with in Aaron's run besides Gorr. After the God-Butcher arc, God of Thunder was just "The Accursed" arc where Thor and the League of Realms hunted down Malekith and "Last Days of Midgard" where he fought Dario and Roxxon over Broxton. There was no universe-ending threat in the Thor and Loki: Original Sin mini. He barely fought any villains in either of Jane's volumes and the Unworthy mini just involved him fighting the Collector, Black Swan, Proxima Midnight and a disguised Hela who even together aren't a universe-ending threat. The most recent volume of Thor focused on the present-day Thor for barely half of it's 16-issue run, in which none of the threats he faced were anywhere near a universe-ending threat. And the WotR was barely a threat to a couple planets, hardly universal.