Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
I have concluded to not care one bit what Aaron does with Thor and his mythos anymore
Why “not one bit” that’s a sweeping generalisation that comes off as dismissive. Why “his mythos” that’s you pushing his work into a corner that you can conveniently claim to not be anyone else’s. Despite the fact this is published cannonical work, editorially approved and selling well. That’s a lot more than just “his mythos”.

I'll happily wait till it's written to my liking if ever
Not much to say here. Aside from the fact you don’t seem happy from the rest of your post. If you are not happy just admit it.

It no longer bothers me because imo it's not a good enough version of the mythos or character to care about
People that are not bothered don’t usually take the time to go on Internet forums to publicly tell everyone. “Not good enough” is not the same as “not to my liking”. You are placing a negative value judgment on the work itself and elevating your own feelings above them. You clearly do care.

It is cosy to say “this is not good enough” and “I don’t want to read books that don’t meet that standard”. But it doesn’t tell us anything about your tastes and it implies that you get to choose what is good enough when you only really get to choose what you enjoy.

It is perfectly possible to criticise a book without claiming it to be bad. You can even point at things you find personally challenging or doesn’t fit your perspective without drifting towards denigrating the writer.

As far as Marvel are concerned Aaron’s books are not only “good enough” to carry on with his run this long, he also got given some of the Crown Jewels - Star Wars, Conan and The Avengers. Clearly Marvel value his work.