Page 84 of 216 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 3234

LoL wut...

Mighty Member

I think another thing that makes Thor great is his supporting Asgardian cast and villains. Plus when you see scenes set on Asgard, I love that the font with the speech bubbles are different from the other Marvel Heroes.

Mighty Member

Been bittersweet reading the War of Realms. On the one hand I'm loving it and think it has the potential to end up as one of my absolute favorite events. On the other it's sad knowing that I'm nearing the end of Aaron on Odinson. I know there will be a bit of a coda after the event but this is the crescendo.

Although how bummed out I will be at the end depends on who follows up as writer... If it's Eve Ewing or Tini Howard or Sina Grace or I'll quickly go from bummed to excited, if it's a Mark Waid or Cullen Bunn that disappointment will probably last a lot longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Although how bummed out I will be at the end depends on who follows up as writer... If it's Eve Ewing or Tini Howard or Sina Grace or I'll quickly go from bummed to excited, if it's a Mark Waid or Cullen Bunn that disappointment will probably last a lot longer.
    I would really like to see Waid on Thor, personally .

Although it would be kind of funny after he's been busy fixing Dr. Strange .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Agreed. Waid on Thor would be a total blast. Waid teamed up with either Garney, Kubert or Samnee would be my ideal choice (IMHO).

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Waid on Thor would be a total blast. Waid teamed up with either Garney, Kubert or Samnee would be my ideal choice (IMHO).
    Man, Samnee on Thor brings back fond memories .

Man, Samnee on Thor brings back fond memories .
    Thor: The Mighty Avenger was a beautiful series. Samnee & Langridge made a great pair. Thank you for reminding me of this, Frontier. T^T
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-20-2019 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Made an addition.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Thor: The Mighty Avenger was a beautiful series. Samnee & Langridge made a great pair. Thank you for reminding me of this, Frontier.
    Happy to do it .

Marvel: Mark we’ve got another mess made by Jason Aaron for you to clean up!

AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

The idea that Mark Waid was not a fan of Aaron's Doctor Strange run is rather fanciful. His book is directly based upon it and has embraced the core ideas as building blocks for his work.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    The idea that Mark Waid was not a fan of Aaron's Doctor Strange run is rather fanciful. His book is directly based upon it and has embraced the core ideas as building blocks for his work.
    All the while writing a much better and more in-character version of Strange .

All the while writing a much better and more in-character version of Strange .
    Well this isn't a Dr Strange thread but I am not sure I agree with that. I think he has taken pains to run with the character, all be it split across two characters for a while, that Aaron left him. I am sure if you asked him he wouldn't feel like he is "fixing" anything.

Mighty Member

Waid certainly has fans, and I've liked a lot of what he's done, but I'm more interested in newer voices at the moment. I think he's fine, certainly experienced and technically competent, but I'm not excited to read more from him. Maybe if I were newer to comics or hadn't read so much of his stuff already I'd be more keen on the idea.

But sign me up for Samnee on...well, anything, really. But a nice run on an Asgardian book would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well this isn't a Dr Strange thread but I am not sure I agree with that. I think he has taken pains to run with the character, all be it split across two characters for a while, that Aaron left him. I am sure if you asked him he wouldn't feel like he is "fixing" anything.
    Probably not, but I won't argue with the results whether he intended it or not .
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Waid certainly has fans, and I've liked a lot of what he's done, but I'm more interested in newer voices at the moment. I think he's fine, certainly experienced and technically competent, but I'm not excited to read more from him. Maybe if I were newer to comics or hadn't read so much of his stuff already I'd be more keen on the idea.

But sign me up for Samnee on...well, anything, really. But a nice run on an Asgardian book would be awesome.
    Newer voices are fine but I'm at a point where I'd rather have a writer I can better trust or have faith in as far as Thor and his mythos is concerned.

I guess I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't worried a newer writer would be more prone to just continuing with Aaron's interpretations instead of doing something different.