Page 190 of 216 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3234
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    true but Odin was never a coward.

you don't know what afraid means.

reread that again and read Mangog's official bio.

when Mangog returned the second time, Odin was weakened and wasn't in his prime at all (let's not mention that Mangog was retconed).

when Mangog pulled the Odinsword, he was amped a lot but Odin, while weakened, still cut him off from his masters hate.

Odin was constantly compared to Galactus and even fought him.

current Mangog is way weaker than his previous versions.

previous version could tank Anti-Force blast with no problem while current Mangog gets hurt by few punches and a lighting bolt, not to mention he dies from a little heat.

and back during Jurgens run, Odin could have beaten both Thanos and Mangog which was basically even stated.

btw, we will probably go in circles with this topic so you don't need to bother replying my friend.
    I need to point out that wasn't the real Thanos but one of the Thanosi clones. Although that Thanosi was strong enough to tank a God Blast from Thor and Thor had to wear special pieces of armor in order to defeat him.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Great cover by Del Mundo,indeed.
    And that coffe mug with the Orb.Way funny.
    I thought the Orb was a good touch, if it wasn't for him Thor would never have been bested by Fury.

Who would've thought the Orb would have been so important to the Thor mythos

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I thought the Orb was a good touch, if it wasn't for him Thor would never have been bested by Fury.

Who would've thought the Orb would have been so important to the Thor mythos
    Damn you Orb!
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

An excerpt of Aaron's farewell letter was published on Newsarama:

https://www.newsarama.com/47889-jaso...ng-thor-4.html

It's pretty touching, the fact that a writer can stay on a single title for so long in this day and age it's quite miraculous.

I'm happy that such an amazing lengthy run of my favorite superhero came about when I was able to truly appreciate it.

I'll be sad when it finally ends, but at least Aaron was able to end it on his terms and was able to leave his mark on a character that has become a household name.

It's pretty touching, the fact that a writer can stay on a single title for so long in this day and age it's quite miraculous.

I'm happy that such an amazing lengthy run of my favorite superhero came about when I was able to truly appreciate it.

I'll be sad when it finally ends, but at least Aaron was able to end it on his terms and was able to leave his mark on a character that has become a household name.
    Well, good riddance to him and Mary Sue Foster. Maybe Thor will finally stop being a jobber under Cates.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Well, good riddance to him and Mary Sue Foster. Maybe Thor will finally stop being a jobber under Cates.
    Man, it must be amazing to have so much energy to sustain this level of negativity on a internet forum that focuses on fictional characters that are primarily meant for children.

Ultimate Member

Man, it must be amazing to have so much energy to sustain this level of negativity on a internet forum that focuses on fictional characters that are primarily meant for children.
    Holding an opinion takes no strength at all, really

Astonishing Member

I need to point out that wasn't the real Thanos but one of the Thanosi clones. Although that Thanosi was strong enough to tank a God Blast from Thor and Thor had to wear special pieces of armor in order to defeat him.
    Wasn't that just a later retcon?

Astonishing Member

I'm happy he's going

For all the enjoyment some have got from his run imo Thor and Odin and much of the Asgard mythos have suffered terrible use under him

He's had some good points, Jane's run was mostly good

But Thor himself and Odin, I feel have been nothing but damaged

Of course opinions vary

But I for one very much appreciate that it's ending

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I'm happy he's going

For all the enjoyment some have got from his run imo Thor and Odin and much of the Asgard mythos have suffered terrible use under him

Of course opinions vary

Exactly. Although Odin has been regressed into a thuggish boor by Fraction. Aaron only made things worse.

Imo Odin should have stayed in the afterlife fighting Surtur.

Wasn't that just a later retcon?
    Yes, Infinity Abyss. Because Starlin wanted Thanos to grow up and retire from being a nihilist villain after Gauntlet but Jurgens ignored the character development and regressed Thanos into a mustache twirling edgelord. Kinda like what DnA and Hickman later did with the character.

Ultimate Member

Yes, Infinity Abyss. Because Starlin wanted Thanos to grow up and retire from being a nihilist villain after Gauntlet but Jurgens ignored the character development and regressed Thanos into a mustache twirling edgelord. Kinda like what DnA and Hickman later did with the character.
    No, Starlin just simply cannot allow anyone to ever beat his pet character.

This is serial fiction, and Thanos is a villain. How's it works

Astonishing Member

Exactly. Although Odin has been regressed into a thuggish boor by Fraction. Aaron only made things worse.

Imo Odin should have stayed in the afterlife fighting Surtur.
    Yeah, agreed, I was very happy with that ending

I'm happy he's going

Of course opinions vary

On a technical level I agree. From a mythos standpoint...I still have my issues.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    No, Starlin just simply cannot allow anyone to ever beat his pet character.

This is serial fiction, and Thanos is a villain. How's it works
    The real problem is that almost nobody tries to follow Starlin's Thanos voice. Starlin seemed to be more concerned about continuity and characterisation than being annoyed at Thanos getting pwned by a Tarzan wannabe and Thor. There's a nice bit in Abyss where Gamora mocks a Thanosi speech to a crowd of nihilist cultists, saying that he can't be the Thanos she knows as he moved away from that.

Also Thanos' character development and his interactions with Adam Warlock is what sets him apart from other villainous characters. That and the metaphysical stuff.

If someone writes Emma Frost as a homicidal maniac people would be calling shenanigans and rightly so.

I prefer Thanos to be smart and morally ambiguos thank you very much.

If i spent many years developing a character with a particular voice and arc in mind only to turn around and seeing that character falling into flanderisation at the hands of other careless writers, i would retcon those flanderized versions without mercy.

Thanos should have stopped being used after Gauntlet imo. I don't think he works as a mainstream villain as well as Doom. Because in order to make a multifaceted niche character mainstream you have to flanderize him and erase his more unique and compelling facets while expanding and exagerating the more standard (or banal) facets. There are reasons why they turned MCU Thanos into Space Ra's Al Ghul. Although MCU Thanos is written much better than Bendis' Thanos, or Aaron's Thanos or Hickman's Thanos.

Bottom line, if we can complain about Thor's character derailment, why can't i complain about Thanos' character derailment?
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 11-16-2019 at 02:37 PM.