Page 14 of 216 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I have concluded to not care one bit what Aaron does with Thor and his mythos anymore
    Why “not one bit” that’s a sweeping generalisation that comes off as dismissive. Why “his mythos” that’s you pushing his work into a corner that you can conveniently claim to not be anyone else’s. Despite the fact this is published cannonical work, editorially approved and selling well. That’s a lot more than just “his mythos”.

I'll happily wait till it's written to my liking if ever
    Not much to say here. Aside from the fact you don’t seem happy from the rest of your post. If you are not happy just admit it.

It no longer bothers me because imo it's not a good enough version of the mythos or character to care about
    People that are not bothered don’t usually take the time to go on Internet forums to publicly tell everyone. “Not good enough” is not the same as “not to my liking”. You are placing a negative value judgment on the work itself and elevating your own feelings above them. You clearly do care.

It is cosy to say “this is not good enough” and “I don’t want to read books that don’t meet that standard”. But it doesn’t tell us anything about your tastes and it implies that you get to choose what is good enough when you only really get to choose what you enjoy.

It is perfectly possible to criticise a book without claiming it to be bad. You can even point at things you find personally challenging or doesn’t fit your perspective without drifting towards denigrating the writer.

As far as Marvel are concerned Aaron’s books are not only “good enough” to carry on with his run this long, he also got given some of the Crown Jewels - Star Wars, Conan and The Avengers. Clearly Marvel value his work.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Why “not one bit” that’s a sweeping generalisation that comes off as dismissive. Why “his mythos” that’s you pushing his work into a corner that you can conveniently claim to not be anyone else’s. Despite the fact this is published cannonical work, editorially approved and selling well. That’s a lot more than just “his mythos”.

Not much to say here. Aside from the fact you don’t seem happy from the rest of your post. If you are not happy just admit it.

People that are not bothered don’t usually take the time to go on Internet forums to publicly tell everyone. “Not good enough” is not the same as “not to my liking”. You are placing a negative value judgment on the work itself and elevating your own feelings above them. You clearly do care.

It is cosy to say “this is not good enough” and “I don’t want to read books that don’t meet that standard”. But it doesn’t tell us anything about your tastes and it implies that you get to choose what is good enough when you only really get to choose what you enjoy.

It is perfectly possible to criticise a book without claiming it to be bad. You can even point at things you find personally challenging or doesn’t fit your perspective without drifting towards denigrating the writer.

As far as Marvel are concerned Aaron’s books are not only “good enough” to carry on with his run this long, he also got given some of the Crown Jewels - Star Wars, Conan and The Avengers. Clearly Marvel value his work.
    By his mythos I meant Thor's mythos within the internal mythos of marvel, you misunderstood

Not one bit is indeed dismissive, correct, I am perfectly in my right to do that, if that bothers someone well I'll point out I have given the current work a good try, by dismississing it I'm trying to avoid becoming even more negative, I recognize some really like it and I know I've been very negative about it generally

Not bother me, is me choosing to move on from it annoying me, I'm trying to be detached from it, to not allow my dislike not to bother me

I didn't say it was bad, said I didn't like it, not to my taste, imo

As for going on the forum, I enjoy the conversation, the internet is full of people saying how they feel, sorry if that troubles you

Nothing in my post attacked the writer, just how I felt about the work, I've more than once said he is very skilled just doesn't write to my taste

I really don't care what the publisher thinks

You have attached points here that are irrelevant to my original post being discussed

It feels to me you are either jumping to incorrect conclusions or totally misreading it or perhaps trying to see something that isn't there

Based on what you have said, you are incorrect either way, sorry
    Last edited by kilderkin; 02-18-2019 at 08:01 AM.

By his mythos I meant Thor's mythos within the internal mythos of marvel, you misunderstood

Not one bit is indeed dismissive, correct, I am perfectly in my right to do that, if that bothers someone well I'll point out I have given the current work a good try, by dismississing it I'm trying to avoid becoming even more negative, I recognize some really like it and I know I've been very negative about it generally

Not bother me, is me choosing to move on from it annoying me, I'm trying to be detached from it, to not allow my dislike not to bother me

I didn't say it was bad, said I didn't like it, not to my taste, imo

As for going on the forum, I enjoy the conversation, the internet is full of people saying how they feel, sorry if that troubles you

Nothing in my post attacked the writer, just how I felt about the work, I've more than once said he is very skilled just doesn't write to my taste

I really don't care what the publisher thinks

You have attached points here that are irrelevant to my original post being discussed

It feels to me you are either jumping to incorrect conclusions or totally misreading it or perhaps trying to see something that isn't there

Based on what you have said, you are incorrect either way, sorry
    Hey kilderkin you have every right to express your opinions about comics, this why the forums are here after all, no need to justify yourself!
    You should just ignore people that try to criticize and scrutiny you on a personal level just because they don't agree with your tastes.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

hey but I have to give Aaron a credit for doing King Thor stuff.

that stuff I like.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    hey but I have to give Aaron a credit for doing King Thor stuff.

that stuff I like.
    I would enjoy this a lot as its own book, and I would like to see his daughters get their own book I find them very interesting

I would enjoy this a lot as its own book, and I would like to see his daughters get their own book I find them very interesting
    yeah, they are pretty cool.

I'm just ready for Mjolnir to come back. Enough of the multiple hammers.

Extraordinary Member

So we know that Ymir is going to appear. After looking through who Ymir is related to, I discovered that unless Aaron changes some things around, Thor's mother Gaea is also his great-great-great-great grandmother.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm just ready for Mjolnir to come back. Enough of the multiple hammers.
    I demand that the next Marvel and Capcom collaboration be a Mega Man-style Thor game. Choose one of the 10 realm stages in any order you want and switch between every kind of hammer you need. Then go to the Malekith's castle stages. Beat the game and unlock Loki, who uses spells and switches out hammers for shapeshifting.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I demand that the next Marvel and Capcom collaboration be a Mega Man-style Thor game. Choose one of the 10 realm stages in any order you want and switch between every kind of hammer you need. Then go to the Malekith's castle stages. Beat the game and unlock Loki, who uses spells and switches out hammers for shapeshifting.
    I want this! Why are you tempting us with things we can't have?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    The most nonsensical rhetoric is to imply that change is bad.
    But, equally nonsensical is the claim that change is inherently good, and that I've also heard on these boards a couple of times (actually, each time someone wants to make up a strong argument). It is neither good nor bad, but simply inevitable. Much of what transpires in fictional worlds nowadays, especially those of American origin, is a reaction to a certain change in the American political life, and those same "proponents of change" do not view that particular change as good at all.

In products of art (and entertainment), it's always of greater importance how something is done than what is done. So, I, personally, can accept any change - literally - if my suspension of disbelief isn't shattered by subpar execution. The problem with the narratives of the Big Two is that they are marketed as something continuous, connected, related, etc, but in fact - or in logical sense - they aren't, really. So, it's only natural that we have conflicts between old fans and new fans.
    Last edited by Paradox_Nihil; 02-20-2019 at 02:44 PM. Reason: some typos

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

T-T-T-Toyfair
    Just pre-ordered the Gold Armed Thor, so beautiful!

BANNED

The first image is to me far better That is why it is not surprising to me that that look lasted for decades in the comics.

BANNED

Mjölnir is destroyed fam, one of many great things that Aaron did...

Old King Thor is without an arm during End Times so it's unlikely that his arm will grew back.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I thought it was wrapped around Mangog and flew into the sun.

Damn, you're right I totally forgot about King Thor. Could it be a alternative timeline?
    it blew up.

changing the present would destroy his future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Changing the writer could destroy his future as well. There’s no guarantees that future writers would stick to the continuity that Aaron has seemingly established in his stories as they tend to have their own ideas on the characters and editors these days seem pretty relaxed on continuity issues.

I would be fine if Aaron’s successor on the book decides to give Thor his arm back and maybe even have him grow his hair long again.
    I am all for giving the comicbook character Thor his arm back and grow his hair long again.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Thor #340 Feb 1984
    Thor and Beta Ray Bill fight side-by-side in "Though Hel Should Bar the Way!"
    Thor, Sif and Bill save the latters people from alien demons;

Odin gives Bill a civilian identity when he strikes his hammer on the ground.

Script and art by Walter Simonson