Page 127 of 216 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 3234

The new issue of Walt Simpson's Ragnarok came out today. It is excellent. Anyone that is a Thor fan should read it. You deserve to finally read a good Thor comic after all these years of Aaron's awful writing.

BANNED

Great! I bought the Hardcover. We’ll see how this goes. One more quote from the great HICKMAN:

“You want to tell stories that matter, but the way you write things that matter in Marvel is that you’re not destructive, you’re additive. Yes, I may do things where I destroy the entire Marvel Universe, but I always put it back together, and in putting it together you add to it in a way that puts the characters in an interesting place and you haven’t ruined anybody else’s job.”

Wow. Just wow. Someone who really does do his due diligence in working on major characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by THORPERION View Post
    From another part of these boards but undisputedly relevant here:

“I have some general philosophies on what kind of work you should do at Marvel, that I try and adhere to. I think the stories should be big,” Hickman says. “Any time you can mine your continuity and the existing continuity of the company in a way that evokes a response from audience and not confusion, that’s powerful, and you’re crazy not to utilize it when you’re writing these books. The cardinal rule beyond that is at the end of the day, after you’ve torn up the playroom and scattered all the toys, you put everything all back on the shelf. Don’t be an a—hole and leave a mess.”
    !
    Wow... great quote! That was really my #1 complaint about Kevin Smith's Daredevil Relaunch all those years back. He showed up, obliterated the status quo. Removed a couple of fun supporting characters... Killed a love interest from forty years ago... Not to mention mysterio! Then??? Immediately abandoned the book in shambles for other people to deal with.

He wasn't interested in writing a story about Matt would deal with his world in shambles... he just wanted to write the killing aspect. All destruction, no rebuilding.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Wow... great quote! That was really my #1 complaint about Kevin Smith's Daredevil Relaunch all those years back. He showed up, obliterated the status quo. Removed a couple of fun supporting characters... Killed a love interest from forty years ago... Not to mention mysterio! Then??? Immediately abandoned the book in shambles for other people to deal with.

He wasn't interested in writing a story about Matt would deal with his world in shambles... he just wanted to write the killing aspect. All destruction, no rebuilding.
    It really is a great quote and thought process. You build. You don’t go back. Copy. Retread. Then destroy a mythos. You just don’t! Aaron did the exact opposite of what Hickman did. He attempted to build a very lazy copycat “mythos” for his pet character at the expense of Thor. Every “new” villain was a female version of Thor’s rogues.

Let’s be real here! What we have been subjected to in the past 4-5 years is not in any way a “Thor story” of any kind. To begin with, Jane Foster is not and never was “Thor”. A winged helmet and a hammer does not make you THOR. I dare say she wasn’t even “ A Thor” either. The hammer and the mother of storms “mimicked” a god. THEY WERE A “THOR”. She was just a puppet (and excuse me for this) but, fighting through cancer and losing the battle due to becoming a faux hero, is not heroic. “Heroic” is doing something you didn’t have to do. Foster was going to fight cancer anyway. Whether she stole the role or not. She said “there must always be a Thor” but halfway through she was becoming “Thor” not for heroic motives but for selfish ones. She felt strong. She enjoyed flying. She wanted to beat Odín down. That is not heroic. That is selfish. Anyway you spin it. So Thor was punished by the hammer for striving too much to be good and humble while Foster was rewarded for doing EXACTLY what gods should not do according to Gorr who was “right?”

Let’s be frank, as a hero, Foster did absolutely nothing. There was no heroism in her just pompous bloviating about how she knew better than anyone else what to do when she couldn’t even keep her own family intact or even alive! She found herself a new potential boyfriend. She was given things no one has ever attained for really no reason at all other than she’s a human. Then, at the end of everything, when the travesty is ended we are left with the question:

WHAT IS NEW? What new and thrilling prospects are we left to wait for?

Anyone?

What new, never before seen status quo are we left with? Thor has been king many times before.

What new aspect of Thor’s character have we discovered other than he can no longer drink ale without getting drunk?

I at least see some light at the end of the tunnel now that Hickman has control of my beloved Jean Grey. But alas, for my poor Thor, I see no light in sight....just a hastily put together “All-Father ascension” ending to try and appease us Thor fans for his endless humiliations.

“Oh look! He’s the All-Father now! See?! At least it was all worth it!!!!”

Spare me.....
    Last edited by THORPERION; 07-17-2019 at 10:16 PM.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Thor #345 Jul 1984
    "That Was No Lady!"
    In an early morning Manhattan office, Dr Willis calls his secretary into his office, and attacks her.
    He ties her to a chair and feeds her a burger, causing her to crumble to dust. Two cops respond to her screams and arrest him.
    Elsewhere, Sigurd and Melodi take a carriage ride through the park together, and she reflects on her prize.
    In the jail, Dr Willis is trapped, and one of the cops is acting suspiciously.
    After giving all the other officers some cookies, she goes back to see Willis, and leaves him some of the unmortal wafers.
    She tells him that all the other officers are now under the masters thrall.
    At the law offices of Strother and Martin, Mr Strother is forced to open the Q-File.

In Asgard, Balder sends Silverhoof off on his own while he seeks to lose himself in the wilds, and seeks to die again.

While the mysterious figure watching him, is all too happy to help.
    Back at Melodi's apartment, she and Sigurd make themselves comfortable.
    In a Long Island home, a package is delivered to Dr Willis' son, who is decidedly older than his father.
    Entrusting him to a sacred task, to guard the package with his life.

Back in the jail cell, Eric finds the french fry in his pocket that he had dropped in his pocket that morning.
    He quickly hides the cookies, and when Grier comes back, he gets close and shoves the fry into her mouth,
    causing her to burst and crumble into dust, leaving just her uniform and the keys to the cell.
    Eric makes his escape, and heads to Long Island to see Roger, but his pursuit is close behind.

Back in Melodi's apartment, she goes to slip into something more comfortable, while Sigurd makes a phone call.

He calls Avengers Mansion and Jarvis tells him that Mr Strother left him a message about the Casket of Ancient Winters.
    Sigurd gets the lawyers address and leaves abruptly, telling Melodi that he must see a lawyer about a will.
    He runs into an alley and changes into Thor and flies towards the lawyer's office.

Back out on the road, Eric's pursuers catch up to him.
    He's about to be overrun, when a beautiful woman in a Ferrari screeches to a stop in front of him and tells him to get in.
    She tells him that her name is Angel, and she didn't like the looks of that mob.
    Thor arrives at the lawyer's office to find the truth of

why Mr Strother spoke the name of Malekith the Accursed.
    As Eric and Angel speed down the road, Eric seems to come under the spell of the music on the radio.
    She stops the car and tells Eric that he wants to kiss her, which he does.
    But first, she wants to know the location of the Casket of Ancient Winters.

Elsewhere, beyond the fields we know, the sword Twilight is finished and the anvil's work is done, and the flaming giant strikes, destroying the anvil.
    Back at the car, Angel tells Eric that it was lovely, but that the Cask must now be found and opened as his lord commands,
    as she changes form to Malekith and flies to Manhattan, leaving Eric's desiccated corpse in the car.

Script and art by Walter Simonson

Oh no what just happened.....

Why are they bringing her back?

Why!!?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Why!!?
    I feel so bad for OG!Thor .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel so bad for OG!Thor .
    I'm more mad they are bringing Portman back than I am at JaneThor

She's horrible lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Why!!?
    You saw the announcement too? I've got headache just thinking about the tidal wave of think pieces and hot takes. Maybe they can do it without Thor being a drink buffoon.

BANNED

Why!!?
    Who ? What are you talking about ?

Ultimate Member

Well that's one way to get Portman back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Who ? What are you talking about ?
    Natalie Portman is coming back in Thor 4 to play Jane Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    You saw the announcement too? I've got headache just thinking about the tidal wave of think pieces and hot takes. Maybe they can do it without Thor being a drink buffoon.
    I haven't watched Endgame but I get the sense that he ends up like that over the course of the movie.

I really don't see this ending well, as far as fandom reaction/discussion goes.

Jane Foster will be called Thor in the next Thor movie. I won't be seeing it. Just what a Thor fan wants to watch. A movie where the title character isn't the focus of the movie. Instead of using a good run as the inspiration of the movie they use a hack's run. Just fucking great.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Jane Foster will be called Thor in the next Thor movie. I won't be seeing it. Just what a Thor fan wants to watch. A movie where the title character isn't the focus of the movie. Instead of using a good run as the inspiration of the movie they use a hack's run. Just fucking great.
    To be honest, I would not be surprised if she gets the powers and hammer but they give her another codename, like the cartoon did.