Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Both quoted, because this is where I believe the disconnect is.

Both of you are making huge assumptions that you know what is planned or exactly what the run is about. Yet both of these things I would disagree with fundamentally. Aaron is not telling a story that will eventually put him back where he was. Aaron is not suggesting that the hammer is what makes Thor.

By being frustrated by either of those things, you are effectively making up your own reasons to be frustrated which are not based on the actual story.
    Okay then, what do you think Aaron is trying to say here? No malice or sarcasm, I genuinely want to know.

To me, that is what Aaron is saying, The obsession with lifting it, the obsession with proving his worth to the hammer, his becoming a meandering self loathing drunk without it, giving up his name, Thor has major identity issues, and it all leads back to the hammer and proving himself to it and his father, and he can't no matter how hard he tries.

I have a feeling that Aaron wanted to tell a story about power, godhood, duty, manliness, and self-worth using Jane and Thor, but it got a little lost in the weeds.

Then again, maybe you're seeing something that I'm not.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 06-25-2019 at 08:40 AM.