Page 148 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2472
  1. #2206
    Incredible Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Storm lost her powers in the Claremont/John Romita jr era.

    Thor's powers should come from his genetic heritage - and even in Aaron's God Butcher run, young Thor called down lightning.
    Yet, they do not come from his genetic heritage. Aaron already made it cannon that the Mother Storm allows Thor to control it.

    The lightning and Thunder does not come from Thor, it comes via the Mother Storm because of Thor's worthiness.

    The minute he loses it no more thunder and lightning.

  2. #2207
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Yet, they do not come from his genetic heritage. Aaron already made it cannon that the Mother Storm allows Thor to control it.

    The lightning and Thunder does not come from Thor, it comes via the Mother Storm because of Thor's worthiness.

    The minute he loses it no more thunder and lightning.
    He's been seen to use it when not worthy, such as when he and Odin helped return Jane

    And when he and Jane combined their attack

    And previously when he used it to destroy durok without mjolnir

    And when he used it to help fix Hogan the grim like
    Cardiac resuscitation

    And he's been doing it for some time whilst mjolnir was still destroyed in the sun
    Last edited by kilderkin; 08-16-2019 at 02:32 PM.

  3. #2208
    Astonishing Member Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,007

    Default

    But in the God Butcher arc, pre-worthy Thor calls down lightning. And he actually called lightning down whilst fighting Jane after he had stopped being worthy.

  4. #2209
    Incredible Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    He's been seen to use it when not worthy, such as when he and Odin helped return Jane

    And when he and Jane combined their attack

    And previously when he used it to destroy durok without mjolnir
    I agree, but what I am saying if you go back and read that issue Thor screams at the Mother Storm to help Jane. Thor did not produce the lightning, it came from the Mother Storm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    But in the God Butcher arc, pre-worthy Thor calls down lightning. And he actually called lightning down whilst fighting Jane after he had stopped being worthy.
    This could be chalked up to his influence over the Mother Storm when he was Unworthy and for Young Thor, he was building up to his worthiness.

    But this doesn't negate the point that Thor does not produce thunder and lightning; they come from the Mother Storm.

  5. #2210
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,584

    Default

    ...I didn't think I could dislike this Mother Storm concept even more then I already did. Now it's apparently taken Thor's powers away from him .

    Or yet another thing Aaron was very inconsistent about and will hopefully not be mentioned again by the next writer .

  6. #2211
    Incredible Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...I didn't think I could dislike this Mother Storm concept even more then I already did. Now it's apparently taken Thor's powers away from him .

    Or yet another thing Aaron was very inconsistent about and will hopefully not be mentioned again by the next writer .
    LOL, don't kill the messenger; this is the new status quo for Thor.

    True, a new writer may retcon all of it; however, I don't see that happening anytime soon because I feel like Thor: Love & Thunder will solidify this version of Thor which in turn will be solidified in the comics more-so.

    I do agree though, that Aaron can be haphazard with the big mythos stuff of Thor.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 08-16-2019 at 02:46 PM.

  7. #2212
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    LOL, don't kill the messenger; this is the new status quo for Thor.
    I know, I'm just really unhappy about it :P.

    Like, the hammer is one thing but taking his actual power and element away from him is just too much.
    True, a new writer may retcon all of it; however, I don't see that happening anytime soon because I feel like Thor: Love & Thunder will solidify this version of Thor which in turn will be solidified in the comics more-so.
    The MCU can't make up its own mind what they want Thor to be like so I don't really see the point in the comics matching up with it. I don't think a writer wants to be forced to depict their character how the movies do it if it doesn't fit their take either.

  8. #2213
    Incredible Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know, I'm just really unhappy about it :P.

    Like, the hammer is one thing but taking his actual power and element away from him is just too much.

    The MCU can't make up its own mind what they want Thor to be like so I don't really see the point in the comics matching up with it. I don't think a writer wants to be forced to depict their character how the movies do it if it doesn't fit their take either.
    I say that the MCU has a big influence on the comics because look at Thor's characterization and more importantly look at Mjolnir; when it returned they tried to match the look of the MCU Stormbreaker.

    Like why does Mjolnir have a weird branchy handle other than to match the MCU.

  9. #2214
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I agree, but what I am saying if you go back and read that issue Thor screams at the Mother Storm to help Jane. Thor did not produce the lightning, it came from the Mother Storm.



    This could be chalked up to his influence over the Mother Storm when he was Unworthy and for Young Thor, he was building up to his worthiness.

    But this doesn't negate the point that Thor does not produce thunder and lightning; they come from the Mother Storm.
    Well Aaron's run does suggest this, his previous history goes against it and other concurrent events like him using lighting whilst mjolnir was broken and the storm being free of it

    For me the current mythos is transitory to the historical

    But in all honesty I'm not that bothered, I do think s few writers from now the mother storm will not come up much

  10. #2215
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I say that the MCU has a big influence on the comics because look at Thor's characterization and more importantly look at Mjolnir; when it returned they tried to match the look of the MCU Stormbreaker.
    Like why does Mjolnir have a weird branchy handle other than to match the MCU.[/QUOTE]
    Wasn't that another Mjolnir?

    And to be honest, I'd just as soon write off Thor's characterization issue with Aaron's handling of him as much as possible movie influences. But either way it's not a good thing.

  11. #2216
    Incredible Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't that another Mjolnir?
    I thought it was the same, isn't that why he was in the sun finding the pieces of Mjolnir? Nevertheless, new or old, no reason why it should have that kind of handle other than to mirror the MCU.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 08-16-2019 at 03:09 PM.

  12. #2217
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Yet, they do not come from his genetic heritage. Aaron already made it cannon that the Mother Storm allows Thor to control it.

    The lightning and Thunder does not come from Thor, it comes via the Mother Storm because of Thor's worthiness.

    The minute he loses it no more thunder and lightning.
    Hahaha!!!! You are RIDICULOUSLY WRONG! How are you contradicting what even AARON in his idiocy has confirmed? Not to mention what a plethora of greater writers before him have established. Tell me, how did Thor then harness said MoSs to revive that decrepit Jane Foster??? What you say that the book says makes no sense. So the Odín hating MoSs “allowed” itself to be controlled twice by an unworthy Thor??? All of a sudden? He was still “unworthy” yet he harnessed her which means he claimed DOMINION over her mostly on his own (with some latter help from Odín) and WITHOUT the hammer!! Quite easily establishing that THOR’s control over the elements is even MORE powerful than imagined!

    Further, the “power” of Thor has been copied. It’s a facsimile and is not coming from the hammer otherwise how did the Ultimate hammer create the War Thor? How did all the other hammers (including Stormbreaker), power up? All of them had a MoSs??? What about all the hammers in the last couple of issues and even Jarnbjorn during the WotR casting lightning? Your logic and even your reading of Aaron is flawed. The rest of you are smoking something, if you believe this! Thor hadn’t even held the damned thing and nearly killed Gorr with a bolt of lightning so powerful it forced Gorr to release him! He used lightning ages before against Apocalypse. All Aaron’s writing.

    Lastly, Thor’s powers come from the Elder Goddess Gaea who greatly outweighs All-Father Odín! So the lightning in him, I would suggest, comes from her as he has elemental control over all 4 elements of the planet! The lightning comes from Thor. Nothing has re-written that .....yet.

    6FC7BB03-87CC-486B-B28F-C87B8D06D6FE.jpg344956F6-3980-465E-A692-B9E62F728C52.jpgBE60A8DD-B17F-40E7-8502-6EC0290A1A46.jpg
    Last edited by THORPERION; 08-16-2019 at 05:00 PM.

  13. #2218
    Incredible Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THORPERION View Post
    Hahaha!!!! You are RIDICULOUSLY WRONG! How are you contradicting what even AARON in his idiocy has confirmed? Not to mention what a plethora of greater writers before him have established. Tell me, how did Thor then harness said MoSs to revive that decrepit Jane Foster??? What you say that the book says makes no sense. So the Odín hating MoSs “allowed” itself to be controlled twice by an unworthy Thor??? All of a sudden? He was still “unworthy” yet he harnessed her which means he claimed DOMINION over her mostly on his own (with some latter help from Odín) and WITHOUT the hammer!! Quite easily establishing that THOR’s control over the elements is even MORE powerful than imagined!

    Further, the “power” of Thor has been copied. It’s a facsimile and is not coming from the hammer otherwise how did the Ultimate hammer create the War Thor? How did all the other hammers (including Stormbreaker), power up? All of them had a MoSs??? What about all the hammers in the last couple of issues and even Jarnbjorn during the WotR casting lightning? Your logic and even your reading of Aaron is flawed. The rest of you are smoking something, if you believe this! Thor hadn’t even held the damned thing and nearly killed Gorr with a bolt of lightning so powerful it forced Gorr to release him! He used lightning ages before against Apocalypse. All Aaron’s writing.

    Lastly, Thor’s powers come from the Elder Goddess Gaea who greatly outweighs All-Father Odín! So the lightning in him, I would suggest, comes from her as he has elemental control over all 4 elements of the planet! The lightning comes from Thor. Nothing has re-written that .....yet.

  14. #2219
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Even his own PET, through his own PEN, admits it here:
    F28A0BB2-A6C7-40CF-A9A3-A52572F48266.jpg

    “Our combined STORMS...”

    Plural. His (innate) and Hers (stolen from hammer). “COMBINED.”

    Nuff said.

  15. #2220
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Hahaha! Mines are not bad but I wish I had his!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •