Page 153 of 216 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3234
    BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!!!

Thor #346 Aug 1984
    "The Wild Hunt!"
    Roger Willis has come to New York to follow-up on his father's charge,
    when he's attacked by four men who have identified him as the one their master wants.
    He manages to break away and leaps into a cab.

Meanwhile, Mr. Strother tells Thor everything he knows about Roger and Eric Willis and the Casket of Ancient Winters.

Thor then heads to the police precinct where Eric had been held to find out what was going on.
    When he gets there, they offer Thor one of their special cookies, and he begins to crumble weakly to the ground.
    They tell him that he has tasted the enchanted food of faerie and is now a slave like they are.
    After the officer is finished bragging, Thor has heard enough and summons the lighting to strike the ensorceled mortals and knock them out.

Out beneath an abandoned section of the West Side Highway, Roger finds his goal - the Casket of Ancient Winters.
    He puts it in a Macy's bag and quickly leaves.
    But as soon as he turns the corner than Malekith arrives and finds the empty canvas lying on the ground.
    It's still cool to the touch so he knows his quarry is still close and pulls a horn from his pouch and calls out the Wild Hunt.
    Roger is stuck in traffic in a cab when the Hounds of the Hunter come roaring out of the sky.
    Roger fights back with his .45 killing a few when the Master of the Hounds arrives.

Out in the endless desert, Balder is waiting to die when a woman runs at him followed by a Sand Devil.
    Balder grabs a piece of wood and leaps to the attack while the shadowy figure that had been following him looks on astonished.

Meanwhile. back on the bridge, Roger's clip is empty but has managed to slay the huntsman's mount.
    But before the Huntsman can strike him down, lightening strikes him and the Huntsman's garb vanishes to reveal Malekith himself.
    Malekith rallies his hounds and sicks them on Thor and Roger.

Elsewhere, beyond the fields we know, the flaming demon, and his horde prepare for battle.

Back on the Queensboro Bridge, Thor finally realizes why the hounds have not attacked en masse.
    They are surrounded by iron, the bane of all inhabitants from the realm of faerie.
    Thor strikes Malekith with an iron beam and forces him and the hounds to flee.

Back at Melodi's apartment, she hears a knock on the door and there stands Malekith.
    Thor and Roger decide on where they can hide and plan, and they head to Melodi's apartment.
    Once there, Melodi offers Thor a drink of golden mead, which he takes.
    Watching this is Malekith and with him is Melodi.
    Thor is instantly overcome with passion and sweeps Melodi up for a kiss when he realizes it's not really her.
    It's just a stock of wood animated by faerie sorcery.
    It tells him the only way to get her back is to bring the Casket to the Cotswalds of England.

Script and pencils by Walter Simonson, inks by Terry Austin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    What I want to see is Dr. Donald Blake become Thor's persona once again.
    Hear! Hear!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Ohhh man he's back baby! Full circle for Aaron, the one that began it all, the one that made him unworthy and gave rise to Jane.

Cannot wait!

ezgif-1-7155a3f9646e.jpg
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 08-22-2019 at 10:59 AM.

wow jason's pulling a garland on us, HYPE
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Cates writing Thor would be a dream come true, the only thing that worries me is that he thinks so highly of Aaron's disrespectful run.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Gorr is such a good villain.
    Just wish this was the fight that made Thor worthy again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Cates writing Thor would be a dream come true, the only thing that worries me is that he thinks so highly of Aaron's disrespectful run.
    You'd think the fact that so many people - fans, critics, and pros - all revere Aaron's run would make some of the haters think "you know, this is probably good - it just isn't for me" rather than blindly continue to label it as "disrespectful" and so on. But, eh...whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Gorr is such a good villain.
    Just wish this was the fight that made Thor worthy again.
    I agree with you there.

BANNED

Idle speculation time.

G Willow Wilson's dream project is Thor and she'll be taking over after Aaron leaves.

Just a wild guess. Could be wrong. Still...it just might be true.

https://www.newsarama.com/46627-g-wi...m-project.html

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Ohhh man he's back baby! Full circle for Aaron, the one that began it all, the one that made him unworthy and gave rise to Jane.

Cannot wait!

ezgif-1-7155a3f9646e.jpg
    Well, the run well and truly comes full-circle.

I'm guessing this will be where Aaron tries to go big and go home by connecting all his themes together on Worthiness, the value of gods, what it takes to be Thor, etc. and tries to make it fit into a cohesive and sensible narrative. Maybe he should call up Snoop Dog .
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Idle speculation time.

G Willow Wilson's dream project is Thor and she'll be taking over after Aaron leaves.

Just a wild guess. Could be wrong. Still...it just might be true.

https://www.newsarama.com/46627-g-wi...m-project.html
    Has she ever said this in an interview?

It would be kind of funny to have a female writer on Thor after the current run and Jane being written out. Especially one who just got done writing Greek Gods with Wonder Woman (too mixed reception, admittedly).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the run well and truly comes full-circle.

I'm guessing this will be where Aaron tries to go big and go home by connecting all his themes together on Worthiness, the value of gods, what it takes to be Thor, etc. and tries to make it fit into a cohesive and sensible narrative. Maybe he should call up Snoop Dog .

This is my guess too, I think this will forever (hopefully) put a pin on the whole Worthiness question.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This is my guess too, I think this will forever (hopefully) put a pin on the whole Worthiness question.
    I don't think the series has been near consistent enough for the ending to finally cement it, but at the very least in the context of Aaron's run it might.

As long as the next writer or subsequent writers don't feel the need to have to deal with this again...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    You'd think the fact that so many people - fans, critics, and pros - all revere Aaron's run would make some of the haters think "you know, this is probably good - it just isn't for me" rather than blindly continue to label it as "disrespectful" and so on. But, eh...whatever.
    Eh, I remember how well lauded Joe Casey's Wildcats 2.0 was.

But as time marched on, people became more aware, and realized that the critical acclaim overlooked plotting and story telling flaws that make it untenable today (among other sins, he made a damn rapist the conscience of the series).

Aaron's Thor isn't as bad as that, but its still pretty bad. He legitimized Thor's depression with his hammer, meandered to and through his war of the realms and had a non existent redemption arc, that was predicated on someone else's opinion of Thor.

IMO, critics give too much credit to what writers attempt vs. what they actually write and/or execute.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think the series has been near consistent enough for the ending to finally cement it, but at the very least in the context of Aaron's run it might.

As long as the next writer or subsequent writers don't feel the need to have to deal with this again...
    Yeah I highly doubt the new writer will tackle the concept of worthiness especially because we have been ruminating about it for nearly a decade.

I do hope that we kinda step away from having writers stay on for such a long time.

I would love to see tight 12 - 24 issue runs, I feel writers end up meander if they are not given a issue count.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 08-22-2019 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Eh, I remember how well lauded Joe Casey's Wildcats 2.0 was.

But as time marched on, people became more aware, and realized that the critical acclaim overlooked plotting and story telling flaws that make it untenable today (among other sins, he made a damn rapist the conscience of the series).

Aaron's Thor isn't as bad as that, but its still pretty bad. He legitimized Thor's depression with his hammer, meandered to and through his war of the realms and had a non existent redemption arc, that was predicated on someone else's opinion of Thor.

IMO, critics give too much credit to what writers attempt vs. what they actually write and/or execute.
    I agree, that we shouldn't take critic's words as gospel; however, there are a vocal minority that really play up the whole "disrespectful" angle with Aaron which to me rings hollow and inauthentic.

That's not to say that people have their own tastes, but said vocal minority take such offense that they act as if Aaron took their manly father figure and replaced him with a weak, effeminate figure.