Page 39 of 216 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Why is Odin so weak?

I am way behind on Thor but how did a Skyfather get stabbed by redshirt elves?
    by "best writing" of course, how else?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Jason Aaron.

Well in the preview pages for the Journey into Mystery tie in over on Bleeding Cool. Sindr is talking to Freya about how Thor is Exiled and Odin missing with reference to this issue. So perhaps Odin survives this somehow but it takes him out of it until towards the end of the event. Then he will be back and do the Heroic sacrifice for I still expect him to die during this.

None of this takes away from the fact that random Dark Elves shouldn't be able to touch Odin anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Well in the preview pages for the Journey into Mystery tie in over on Bleeding Cool. Sindr is talking to Freya about how Thor is Exiled and Odin missing with reference to this issue. So perhaps Odin survives this somehow but it takes him out of it until towards the end of the event. Then he will be back and do the Heroic sacrifice for I still expect him to die during this.

None of this takes away from the fact that random Dark Elves shouldn't be able to touch Odin anyway.
    We need to actually read the story before we can comment on it don’t you think? We know that Odin has been less powerful, has had some foreshadowing done with his character, and is weakening because he can’t say no to Thor’s demands for hammers. Odin is no stranger to self sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Why is Odin so weak?

I am way behind on Thor but how did a Skyfather get stabbed by redshirt elves?

EDIT: I mean, he just went toe-to-toe with Mangog not too long ago.
    Recently he's been enchanting all of Thor's hammers and had to send Cul to Dark Elf land, so he's low on magic.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Amazing Member

I really don't think he dies. In one of the descriptions for the one shots I think the dark elf one it describes him as being injured.

Amazing Member

Plus in a lot of the interviews Jason Aaron and the other guys talk about Odin playing a major role and having to "take responsibility" for the state of the realms.....oh crap he is gonna be a sacrifice...duh

Quote Originally Posted by marge_23 View Post
    Plus in a lot of the interviews Jason Aaron and the other guys talk about Odin playing a major role and having to "take responsibility" for the state of the realms.....oh crap he is gonna be a sacrifice...duh
    Whether he dies up front or later, I suspect he will die in the event. The hints have been there for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Recently he's been enchanting all of Thor's hammers and had to send Cul to Dark Elf land, so he's low on magic.
    Oh ok, like I said, I am really behind
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    by "best writing" of course, how else?
    btw, his birds are also dead.

they lasted longer than him.

I get that Odin probably isn't at the top of his power level by this point, but I feel like there was a more appropriate way of depicting the assassination of the All-Father and Asgardian God of Gods then something so...simple and mundane.

Like, I dunno, send Kurse or Queen of Cinders to do it. Someone who would make a show of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get that Odin probably isn't at the top of his power level by this point, but I feel like there was a more appropriate way of depicting the assassination of the All-Father and Asgardian God of Gods then something so...simple and mundane.

Like, I dunno, send Kurse or Queen of Cinders to do it. Someone who would make a show of it.
    You mad bro

This is the most honorable beat down/death he could get.

Malekith didn't send one or two Dark Elves.

Hell not even three.

He send 4 Dark Elves for Gods sake!!!!

What's some Queen of Cinders and female Kurse compared to them???

They are nothing.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    btw, his birds are also dead.

they lasted longer than him.
    Oh snap, I don't remember this at all. When did they die?

Oh, is Odin getting killed off again? I'm shocked. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Oh snap, I don't remember this at all. When did they die?
    You can see it in the preview.

They are on the floor.

The same birds who dragged viking Thor against his will got killed by two Elves.