Page 128 of 216 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 3234

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I haven't watched Endgame but I get the sense that he ends up like that over the course of the movie.

I really don't see this ending well, as far as fandom reaction/discussion goes.
    I was okay with Thor in endgame, though his arc and the hulk's were the weakest.

I wonder if Natalie will bulk up for the role, or maybe they'll use a body double.

MCU female Thor's gonna be the next captain marvel, with all the hatred and enthusiasm.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 07-20-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I was okay with Thor in endgame, though his arc and the hulk's were the weakest.

I wonder if Natalie will bulk up for the role, or maybe they'll use a body double.
    I guess it depends how they want to play it.

Like, she's supposed to get a full-on makeover when she transforms, like blonde hair, physique, and voice, but I'm not sure if they'll go to that extent (other then the blonde hair).

Maybe they'll do like they did with Chris Evans and film her normally and then have her bulk up for her Thor scenes.

To be honest, I'm still not happy about this .

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Oh my Goddess, Jane Thor in the MCU; amazing!

BANNED

No way, you have got to be kidding me man, this is the worst comic related news I've gotten, I am seriously pissed, worried and sad at the same time, this ain't fair, Thor fans don't deserve this.

It's official Jason Aaron is the worst thing that has ever happened to Thor, because now his garbage will creep into the big screen.

This on top of the James Bond rumors is just another nail in the coffin for action movies. They ruined comedies and made them unfunny now action movies. It's a shame that I'm more interested in Top Gun 2 than any Marvel movie.

all I'm gonna say is this

Not a huge shock to me, but not really welcome. I hope Hemsworth's Thor is treated with more respect than in Aaron's Thor run.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I hope Hemsworth's Thor is treated with more respect than in Aaron's Thor run.
    this is what I have hope for, that Taika and Disney are smart enough to realise that Hemsworth brings in the watchers and treat his Thor, and the thor mythos to an extent, with some respect.

basically I hope to god that Taika does not blindly follow the comic cause that will spell disaster, don't call her Thor as a start, don't mess with Mjolnir lore, don't force unworthy Thor, don't make Jane the best thor the instant she picks up the hammer and so on.

I mean, the concept itself is fine and it's been done to success before, just don't ruin it like aaron did cause he was obsessed with pushing his pet jane into being the bestest strongest Thor from day one, instantly able to wield Mjolnir and use thunder powers as well as never losing or having to work/train for anything.

the reason I'm at a "we'll see" reaction to this (despite hating aaron's fem-thor story-line) is cause I really liked how Taika treated Odin and showed Odin/Thor's relationship as father/son in Ragnarok. The "are you thor, the god of hammers?" scene was SO GOOD and is how the relationship should be, not the garbage aaron gave us by completely ruining Odin. It showed how Thor had his OWN powers and didn't need the hammer to be a badass god, was a good movie even if I was iffy on the comedic take on Thor's character~

as for Natalie Portman, she's a great actor for sure when she cares for the role.... but man do I have a hard time seeing her wield Mjolnir o.o I really wish they had recast her, someone like Katheryn Winnick would have been perfect <3

though man am I bummed that Sif is being thrown to the wayside as she is :/ Sif should have become the new Queen of Asgard as she's worthy and earned that honor and Valkyrie should have remained the sort of "agent of asgard" type role, not queen.... sigh...
    Last edited by voidox; 07-21-2019 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Jane Foster will be called Thor in the next Thor movie. I won't be seeing it. Just what a Thor fan wants to watch. A movie where the title character isn't the focus of the movie. Instead of using a good run as the inspiration of the movie they use a hack's run. Just fucking great.
    Well, tbf, Thor did get 3 solo movies and 4 avengers movies (and was the focal point of 1-2 of them). Not like Thor fans got jipped lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well, tbf, Thor did get 3 solo movies and 4 avengers movies (and was the focal point of 1-2 of them). Not like Thor fans got jipped lol
    The movie is going to be called Thor. When I go see a movie with a specific character's name as the title then that character is why I'm watching in the first place. Plus I'm obviously not pleased they're using one of if not the worst story/arcs/runs that I have ever read. Just like I wasn't happy about Mark Millar's awful Old Man Logan being the inspiration for Logan. If I pick up a novella titled Conan the Barbarian and it is about another character then I would be pissed as well. If the movie/show/book isn't about the popular character then don't use his name and sell it to the customers of that property.

Astonishing Member

I'm ok with this from a story point

I won't be interested in seeing it

But it makes sense given recent Thor books

Personally I didn't like Portman in the Thor films so even less interesting for me, and I'd lost all interest in the Thor mythos in the MCU after the rendering in Endgame

This won't change that

Let's remember Infinity War and Endgame were "based on" material from the comics too.

I have a feeling the movie will be slightly different than Aaron's story.

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    this is what I have hope for, that Taika and Disney are smart enough to realise that Hemsworth brings in the watchers and treat his Thor, and the thor mythos to an extent, with some respect.

basically I hope to god that Taika does not blindly follow the comic cause that will spell disaster, don't call her Thor as a start, don't mess with Mjolnir lore, don't force unworthy Thor, don't make Jane the best thor the instant she picks up the hammer and so on.

I mean, the concept itself is fine and it's been done to success before, just don't ruin it like aaron did cause he was obsessed with pushing his pet jane into being the bestest strongest Thor from day one, instantly able to wield Mjolnir and use thunder powers as well as never losing or having to work/train for anything.

the reason I'm at a "we'll see" reaction to this (despite hating aaron's fem-thor story-line) is cause I really liked how Taika treated Odin and showed Odin/Thor's relationship as father/son in Ragnarok. The "are you thor, the god of hammers?" scene was SO GOOD and is how the relationship should be, not the garbage aaron gave us by completely ruining Odin. It showed how Thor had his OWN powers and didn't need the hammer to be a badass god, was a good movie even if I was iffy on the comedic take on Thor's character~

as for Natalie Portman, she's a great actor for sure when she cares for the role.... but man do I have a hard time seeing her wield Mjolnir o.o I really wish they had recast her, someone like Katheryn Winnick would have been perfect <3

though man am I bummed that Sif is being thrown to the wayside as she is :/ Sif should have become the new Queen of Asgard as she's worthy and earned that honor and Valkyrie should have remained the sort of "agent of asgard" type role, not queen.... sigh...
    One of the positive points is that, this being the MCU, they are likely not to wholesale adapt something exactly like it is on the printed page. So there's no guarantee Jane as Thor will be depicted the same as how Aaron handled it.

I'm just more skeptical what with the recent developments of Thor in the movies and Waititi's style.

But I am also disappointed at how Sif continues to get a bum rap .

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    The movie is going to be called Thor. When I go see a movie with a specific character's name as the title then that character is why I'm watching in the first place..
    Thor is still in it...

And he already has Stormbreaker, so it isn't like he is going to be "losing" Mjolnir.

I really doubt they are going to be using the "thor isn't worthy" part of this story. More likely just the JaneThor part.

They already used the "i need my hammer" stuff in Ragnorak and then already used the "im not sure im still worthy" stuff in End game. Doubt they retread that ground.

MCU adapts, it doesn't copy.

One good thing about Hemsworth hurting his back in the fatsuit is that hopefully fat thor is gone. I doubt he'd want to mess wit it again. I woudn't mind a more "bulky" Henry Canvil esque Thor which would be much easier for Hemsworth to do as he wouldn't have to lean out, just put on muscle. Especially since he is taking an acting break. but I'm good on more fat thor lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 07-21-2019 at 09:10 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html