Page 165 of 216 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 3234

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Taika Waititi says the star of Love and Thunder is still Thor/Chris Hemsworth.

A positive development given concerns about how they would balance things, but one that I feel we're stuck with when it comes to Thor and Jane as Thor .
    I seem to recall saying when Love & Thunder was announced that they weren't just going to regurgitate Aaron's story and they'd handle it totally differently, and we didn't have much cause to worry about the film making the same mistakes.

I'm sure this film will make all kinds of mistakes, but they won't just be repeating Aaron's.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm surprised that needed to be clarified really.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I'm surprised that needed to be clarified really.
    I'm not. Especially when there is a precedent for sidelining Thor to a considerable degree in favor of Jane as Thor, since that's what the whole storyline was about.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I seem to recall saying when Love & Thunder was announced that they weren't just going to regurgitate Aaron's story and they'd handle it totally differently, and we didn't have much cause to worry about the film making the same mistakes.

I'm sure this film will make all kinds of mistakes, but they won't just be repeating Aaron's.
    I do wonder how different the MCU’s take on “Thordis” will be in comparison to Jason Aaron’s take...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I do wonder how different the MCU’s take on “Thordis” will be in comparison to Jason Aaron’s take...

Never made sense to me, titania was always happy knocking hell out of a she-hulk

Very poor writing of titania I felt
    Last edited by kilderkin; 09-15-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Never made sense to me, titania was always happy knocking hell out of a she-hulk

Very poor writing of titania I gelt
    she hates jennifer but she is an established feminist!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    she hates jennifer but she is an established feminist!
    But as a feminist she'd probably want to give Jane a fair fight instead of giving her an easy win or taking her husband out for Jane.

I'm not. Especially when there is a precedent for sidelining Thor to a considerable degree in favor of Jane as Thor, since that's what the whole storyline was about.
    There's no precedent for anything like that happening in the MCU, though, and that's the actual relevant consideration. They wouldn't have had Hemsworth physically there for the announcement if he was being demoted.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post

Very poor writing of titania I felt
    Yep, I imagine that Jason Aaron was attempting to prove a point to all small minority of unreasonable naysayers in regards to Jane being Thor, but could have done a better job than write stuff like "girl-power pass."

Ultimate Member

But as a feminist she'd probably want to give Jane a fair fight instead of giving her an easy win or taking her husband out for Jane.
    The problem is that you understand feminism and Aaron doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    There's no precedent for anything like that happening in the MCU, though, and that's the actual relevant consideration. They wouldn't have had Hemsworth physically there for the announcement if he was being demoted.
    Just introducing Natalie Portman on stage and that they're doing Jane Thor kind of lends to the implications that she might be taking over as franchise lead since that was the whole deal with her in the comics.

I don't think there needs to necessarily be any precedent for that happening in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I have always considered it problematic even if you haven’t.
    Regardless of your or my feelings on it, surely it's clear that wasn't a problem for enough people to stop Marvel from doing it multiple times.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Thor #347 Sep 1984
    "Into the Realm of Faerie!"
    Thor and Roger head to the Cotswalds of England to rescue Melodi aka Lorelei from Malekith.

Balder meets the Norns, who tell him that they have been waiting to speak to him since the dawn of time.
    In Asgard, Odin tells the Warriors Three to assemble the host of Asgard entire to prepare for war.
    Malekith sends Thor and Algrim plummeting into a bottomless chasm while Roger lies blind.

As Malekith prepares to open the Casket, Surtur awaits to enter our realm.

Script and art by Walter Simonson

BANNED

The less we get of Jane on the movie, the better it will be, I still believe her inclusion and role in this movie is the single biggest mistake the MCU has done/will do, alongside making Spider-Man an Iron Man Jr.

Anyway, King Thor #1 was amazing, looking forward to the next issue.

Looking at how Thor is currently utilized in Aaron's Avengers (in my opinion, not well) does anyone have any favorite moments for Thor with the team?

I was thinking of limiting it to just the comics but you can use cartoons or movies too.