Page 152 of 216 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3234
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    If Cates thinks that highly of Aaron's run, then I think we'll get more of the same. Which is exactly what I predicted would happen. Bad times ahead, I suspect.
    Yeah, if it is him I'll likely skip it for more of the foreseeable

Astonishing Member

What I want to see is Dr. Donald Blake become Thor's persona once again.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Cates on Thor would would be great. Everything he touches turns to gold.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    What I want to see is Dr. Donald Blake become Thor's persona once again.
    No thanks! Enough humiliations already! Last thing we need is a Doctor with a limp getting smacked around every 60 seconds.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    I was just re-reading Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers run and it reminded me of two things. First, Hickman wrote a damn good Thor and I would kill to see him get a run on the book. Second, yet another disappointment in the mountain of them I have with Aaron's writing is that Hyperion and his friendship with Thor were never mentioned when Hickman built it up so well.

Of course, come to think of it Aaron's Thor never really had friends or much of a supporting cast that weren't either family members, created by Aaron or reduced to wallpaper.
    Not to mention the fact that Hyperion might come looking to beat down the impostor who stole his “brother’s” hammer and spirit. Hyperion classically doesn’t give a hoot about gender so Jane would’ve been in trouble. But yeah...no way would Aaron give her a legitimate threat! No. He powers down Thor’s and makes them simple Ironman level threats so she can win.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Idiom more common in England 20 years ago..back then in my part of Derbyshire it was used fairly often, usually including “in”: “That does my nut in”.

In Derbyshire I think most people used phrase to suggest “This is something that really irritates me, even though I know it shouldn’t”...in other areas of England it can simply mean “This makes me really angry”.

(When my sister moved to Nottingham..only 25 miles away...I was surprised how much idiom had different overtones in the two areas, even that short distance made a substantial difference.)
    Thanks for the info! I've always thought English people have some of the best phrases. I'm also partial to some Yiddish phrases, they have some insults that just fit so perfectly.
    It's fascinating how much difference even 25 miles can make... There's an idea that we're so global nowadays but I often encounter people who describe places that are 20 minutes away as "all the way out there". Anyway thanks again, sorry for the sidebar.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Thanks for the info! I've always thought English people have some of the best phrases. I'm also partial to some Yiddish phrases, they have some insults that just fit so perfectly.
    It's fascinating how much difference even 25 miles can make... There's an idea that we're so global nowadays but I often encounter people who describe places that are 20 minutes away as "all the way out there". Anyway thanks again, sorry for the sidebar.
    Older American ones are fun too like, "That really chaps my hide" or "It rubs me raw" the former one is fun because it makes you sound like a cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    I was just re-reading Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers run and it reminded me of two things. First, Hickman wrote a damn good Thor and I would kill to see him get a run on the book. Second, yet another disappointment in the mountain of them I have with Aaron's writing is that Hyperion and his friendship with Thor were never mentioned when Hickman built it up so well.

Of course, come to think of it Aaron's Thor never really had friends or much of a supporting cast that weren't either family members, created by Aaron or reduced to wallpaper.
    I can hardly remember an issue where he actually interacted with any of the Warrior's Three, beyond that issue where he ditched them for a Seven Realms equivalent or where he was helpless against War Thor Volstagg.

I can only recall one time he interacted with Sif as well...where he investigated her for being the female Thor and got mead thrown in his face.

So, yeah, kind of not a large circle of friends for Thor there. But I don't think Aaron has really done much good for Thor's supporting cast in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    If Cates thinks that highly of Aaron's run, then I think we'll get more of the same. Which is exactly what I predicted would happen. Bad times ahead, I suspect.
    I think it depends on a lot of factors. A writer can enjoy or like another writer's take but do their own thing when they get a shot.

I doubt Cates would want to repeat Aaron. At best he might continue some of his story beats but it's not like he has to deal with Jane Foster anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Question: What are your top 3 characters from Marvel?
    Answer: Spider-Man, Thor and Cap.

So who knows, he could be given Captain America.
    Coates' run doesn't seem to be slowing down, so I doubt it's Cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Cates on Thor would would be great. Everything he touches turns to gold.
    Except Death of the Inhumans, from what I've heard...

Fantastic Member

How about Cullen Bunn on Thor

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    I'd be down for Bunn writing more Thor, if only on a satellite title again .

Mighty Member

He'd be towards the bottom of my list honestly. I put him in the same category as Duggan, Waid, David, Guggenheim etc, people who are stale to me. I'm really hoping for a fresh voice. People like Ayala, Eve Ewing, Howard, Grace, Ahmed, if we're just talking about current Marvel writers.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be down for Bunn writing more Thor, if only on a satellite title again .
    I'd like to see what becomes of Annabelle Riggs under him, after Brun died. I'd like her to become one of the new Valkyrie's or Nova seeing how she can use the helmet or some type of hybrid between Valkyrie/Nova

Astonishing Member

I'd like to see what becomes of Annabelle Riggs under him, after Brun died. I'd like her to become one of the new Valkyrie's or Nova seeing how she can use the helmet or some type of hybrid between Valkyrie/Nova
    A space based Valkyrie would interest me

Soo..... this has taken way longer than it should have, but I have finally started reading Simonson’s run and I’m hooked!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I think Annabelle is showing up in the new Valkyrie book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Soo..... this has taken way longer than it should have, but I have finally started reading Simonson’s run and I’m hooked!
    Glad you're enjoying it .