Page 145 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 3234

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I love the story but there are parts of it I find fault with and complaints I can understand but I just don't get that particular point.
    I would be interested to know what parts you think didn’t work for you?
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Does anyone think Thor should have refaced Gorr, not Malekith, to become worthy again?
    A nice bookend to Aaron’s run would be Thor facing his greatest fear, which is the doubt Gorr instilled in him. And what a way to prove him wrong than picking up your hammer in front of his very face?
    It meant less when facing Malekith because Malekith didn’t particularly care about Gods and their worthiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And Waititi *did* do some pretty heavy stuff in Ragnarok. He turned everything into a joke but he still blew up Asgard and killed the entire supporting cast as well as Mjlonir. So I could definitely see Love & Thunder using the cancer subplot....but killing all the emotional resonance of it with too many jokes.
    Yeah, I could see that too .
    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Does anyone think Thor should have refaced Gorr, not Malekith, to become worthy again?
    A nice bookend to Aaron’s run would be Thor facing his greatest fear, which is the doubt Gorr instilled in him. And what a way to prove him wrong than picking up your hammer in front of his very face?
    It meant less when facing Malekith because Malekith didn’t particularly care about Gods and their worthiness.
    I think for what Thor was going through Gorr would have been a more relevant threat, both emotionally and physically.

Especially if we had an army of gods backing him up to repudiate what Gorr believes.

That actually would have been nice.

gorr looks wack
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Really f*ing like Gorr.

Yes i would have loved to see that story play out and come full circle since the stories Gorr was involved in were some of.my favorites. There was far less emotional connection to Thor regaining his worthiness with Malekith (who felt more like Loki part 2) than if it had been Gorr or something directly connected to that story.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

God of Thunder 1-25 (25)
    Thor 1-8 (33)
    Thors 1-4 (37)
    The Mighty Thor 1-23 (60)
    Unworthy Thor 1-5 (65)
    Mighty Thor & Unworthy Thor Legacy (66)
    Mighty Thor 700-706 + Gates of Valhalla (74)
    Thor 1-16 (90)
    War of the Realms 1-6 (96)
    King Thor 1-4 (100)
    Wow, thanks for the great work.

Also, do the 3 issues of War Scrolls count as a Daredevil story?

BANNED

That would’ve been REALLY good. If this was all supposedly for the “betterment” and the “understanding” of THOR (who is apparently now a concept/force and not a god) then that would’ve made sense instead of using Loki-lite. But in 100 issues, all we got was:

Thor worthless. Jane worthy/Virgin Mary equivalent. War of the realms is coming.

Then, Thor is a buffoon. Jane is a master. War of the Realms is coming.

Then, Thor is a drunk, Jane is the gift of greatness and can never do any wrong. War of the Realms is coming.

Then, Thor can’t get the ultimate Hammer, Jane is so great she gets TWO hammers. War of the Realms is still coming.

Finally, we get Thor is a lazy hobo with a confidence problem and basically a weakling now. And, wouldn’t you know it, that ol’ Janey is so badass she reforms the Ultimate hammer to be a Thor again!!!!! War of the Realms is here and it sucked @ss!

Yup. Lather rinse repeat.

I remember stories with the X-Men, the FF, Avengers, Thor, where after 100 issues they had gone through TONS of different ordeals and challenges. Here, 100 issues of the same and sadly we’ve still not seen Thor graduate to become worthy of the power of Fostho....I mean Thor.
    Last edited by THORPERION; 08-11-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Mighty Member

Just dropping this here. I guess he means psychological strength? Overcoming adversity?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Just dropping this here. I guess he means psychological strength? Overcoming adversity?

(Looks at Thor in Infinity War)

Really?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post

What were they smoking? Unless he meant he could’ve been at his strongest because they didn’t show squat! Let’s face facts, THOR didn’t need any of that Avengers army. With his storm powers he could decimate the entire Black Order army via lightning strikes, tornadoes, and hail. (Not even mentioning his earth powers which were ignored here so moving on). Mjolnir could destroy Thanos’ Warship easier and faster than CM did while Thor ends Thanos’ threat but I guess the men couldn’t be shown as strong as they are cuz the girls will feel bad. Lmao.....

However, wait for pipsqueak Portman to wield the hammer(s). She’s gonna decimate an intergalactic threat on her own! You heard it here first!
    Last edited by THORPERION; 08-11-2019 at 08:19 PM.

I think I would have liked to have seen the War of Realms happen with Jane-Thor. She ends the war, but as a last ditch attempt Malekith unleashes the Mangog. Same applies where Jane dies here. This instils Thor Odinson with confidence and the same type of worthiness he is looking for.
    This all comes to a head with the return of Gorr, madder than ever. Thor ultimately understands his worthiness, lifts the hammer in front of Gorr and finally overcomes his greatest fear.

I know we didn’t get that, and I’m speaking as someone who hasn’t read the entire run, but I think this shows that what Aaron had in front of him was great and maybe not utilised as well as people would like? That way Jane Thor takes nothing from Odinson and enhances his path to self worth again.

I think I would have liked to have seen the War of Realms happen with Jane-Thor. She ends the war, but as a last ditch attempt Malekith unleashes the Mangog. Same applies where Jane dies here. This instils Thor Odinson with confidence and the same type of worthiness he is looking for.
    This all comes to a head with the return of Gorr, madder than ever. Thor ultimately understands his worthiness, lifts the hammer in front of Gorr and finally overcomes his greatest fear.

I know we didn’t get that, and I’m speaking as someone who hasn’t read the entire run, but I think this shows that what Aaron had in front of him was great and maybe not utilised as well as people would like? That way Jane Thor takes nothing from Odinson and enhances his path to self worth again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    (Looks at Thor in Infinity War)

Really?
    I feel like directors and actors just say stuff like this sometimes just to make us shut up.