Page 34 of 216 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    still wondering what this loss of one arm was supposed to add from a storytelling pov, as far as I can remember it added nothing to the plot, thor just lost an arm (in a stupid way) and that was it!
    And the gold/silver arms are just more distracting then anything else.

still wondering what this loss of one arm was supposed to add from a storytelling pov, as far as I can remember it added nothing to the plot, thor just lost an arm (in a stupid way) and that was it!
    well, a few Frost Giants are enough to hold him while Malekith cuts off his arm...

seems very Aaron like.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    well, a few Frost Giants are enough to hold him while Malekith cuts off his arm...

seems very Aaron like.
    and then he gets a black arm, then he gets a gold arm, and now.....better character? more interesting ? asgardian cable? at least odin sacrified his eye for knowledge (not that it stopped him for turning into a drunk bufoon), tyr lost his hand to chain the great wolf, thor just sucked in battle because Mjolnir dumped his ass
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-18-2019 at 11:48 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

It almost certainly springs from All-Father Thor having only one arm in the future, imo. I suspect when he wrote the future Thor he didn't have any real plans in that direction, but I imagine a few readers asked him how AF Thor lost his arm and he decided to make it a plot-point. I don't think it really added anything save for a call-back to The God Butcher arc and a different look for thor.

and then he gets a black arm, then he gets a gold arm, and now.....better character? more interesting ? asgardian cable? at least odin sacrified his eye for knowledge (not that it stopped him for turning into a drunk bufoon), tyr lost his hand to chain the great wolf, thor just sucked in battle because Mjolnir dumped his ass
    bb-but when Thor lost his arm he realized that he isn't all powerful so now he knows humility.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    bb-but when Thor lost his arm he realized that he isn't all powerful so now he knows humility.
    it's not even the first thor to lose an arm in the future, remember king thor, now that fight was epic:

Thor+immediately+after+killing+both+thing+and+hulk+without+his+_a18c773f88bc3cb940a50086b54dae3a.jpg
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

it's not even the first thor to lose an arm in the future, remember king thor, now that fight was epic:

Thor+immediately+after+killing+both+thing+and+hulk+without+his+_a18c773f88bc3cb940a50086b54dae3a.jpg
    yeah, that was sooooo badass!!!

Spectacular Member

Aaron has pretty much destroyed every character in Asgard, IMHO, especially Odin. Thor has pretty much been at a continual all-time low throughout his run.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can Thor get his arm back soon?
    Pretty certain he doesn't.

Future Thor still has a missing arm and has the Destroy arm instead (as like in the pic).

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Pretty certain he doesn't.

Future Thor still has a missing arm and has the Destroy arm instead (as like in the pic).
    Yes, can’t see Thor regaining his arm back while Aaron is writing the book but who knows what ideas the next writer wil have for the character. No guarantees that he or she will stick with Aaron’s version of the future Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Yes, can’t see Thor regaining his arm back while Aaron is writing the book but who knows what ideas the next writer wil have for the character. No guarantees that he or she will stick with Aaron’s version of the future Thor.
    the moment that arm is gonna be flash and bones again will we know future thor timeline will be just another alternate future I guess

Ultimate Member

I am utterly baffled as to why people think that Aaron's future Thor is THE future Thor. Especially when as there are billions of years between then and now, that he couldn't regain and then lose his arm again.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I am utterly baffled as to why people think that Aaron's future Thor is THE future Thor. Especially when as there are billions of years between then and now, that he couldn't regain and then lose his arm again.
    Speaking of writers seemingly ignoring character continuity issue from previous writers, was it ever resolved why the matter of having Thor’s life force directly connected to the condition of Mjolnir meaning essentially that he would died if anything happened to the hammer, as established by JMS, has never been mentioned again? Or maybe it was changed and I just missed reading It?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    It almost certainly springs from All-Father Thor having only one arm in the future, imo. I suspect when he wrote the future Thor he didn't have any real plans in that direction, but I imagine a few readers asked him how AF Thor lost his arm and he decided to make it a plot-point. I don't think it really added anything save for a call-back to The God Butcher arc and a different look for thor.
    But its not the first time a future version of Thor was seen missing his left arm. If you recall back to the Reigning, Wolverine cut his left forearm and eye as well.

Speaking of writers seemingly ignoring character continuity issue from previous writers, was it ever resolved why the matter of having Thor’s life force directly connected to the condition of Mjolnir meaning essentially that he would died if anything happened to the hammer, as established by JMS, has never been mentioned again? Or maybe it was changed and I just missed reading It?
    just ignored