Page 169 of 216 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3234

Fantastic Member

There were definitely a LOT of people speculating Cates would be the new writer for Thor, mixed sentiments for the most part. It will be interesting to see where he takes the God Of Thunder.

YAAHHOOOO! Finally!
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Is that Volstagg and Hogun on the bottom left?

I know that's Loki on the right page.

Not crazy about the costume. Although Thor looks completely different on the cover juan678 posted.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    YAAHHOOOO! Finally!
    Be cautious now the first three arcs of Aaron's God of thunder were great but then it devolved in to what became

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Anyone else notice Thor appears to have both his left arm and eye back in the design sketch?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Anyone else notice Thor appears to have both his left arm and eye back in the design sketch?
    Yeah, either we're getting two different Thor's or Cates is incorporating different timelines.

Or maybe the "King Thor" transforms into this new Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is that Volstagg and Hogun on the bottom left?

I know that's Loki on the right page.

Not crazy about the costume. Although Thor looks completely different on the cover juan678 posted.
    I bet the first arc sees the transition from his old look to his new one... but, is he instantly able to grow four feet of hair or what? He's going from a short back and sides to waist length!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If that is Thor Odinson. I am suspicious about the change from Odin-esque Thor to this young-looking version. I do hope this isn't someone else taking the name and hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    If that is Thor Odinson. I am suspicious about the change from Odin-esque Thor to this young-looking version. I do hope this isn't someone else taking the name and hammer.
    I don't see them repeating that plot so soon.

The younger design looks too much like Thor to be someone else in my opinion, and they wouldn't splash that on the first new #1 issue cover either.

Maybe fighting this new Black Winter transforms Thor into this new form. His armor looks kind of...cosmic in nature?

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Feels like a proper update of the Coipel design.

I miss the helmet though...

Fantastic Member

As is often the case, the cover art could have nothing to do with the story inside.

I guess nobody will be surprised by this news. Certainly not my first choice but I wish him well and will be interested to see what he does. Klein is not a high profile artist but I generally like his work and the glimpses of his interiors look interesting. Wilson on colours is always good news. Nobody will complain if Coipel keeps doing covers.

It certainly seems as if this will be a continuation of the current status quo. Destroyer arm on the cover, newly reconstructed Asgard complete with a strong focus on Yggdrasil, King in solicits.

Aaron will be a very difficult act to follow but despite his assertions I doubt Cates will be too worried. He is a bold storyteller. Perhaps a little too bold occasionally.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-04-2019 at 03:16 PM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.