Page 81 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31717778798081828384 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1249
  1. #1201
    Extraordinary Member JKtheMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bedford UK
    Posts
    8,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Who's attacking the writer? Popular or not I gave my honest opinion. It's funny to think some big budget movies and their directors can receive scathing denunciations for the final product but comic writers are somehow above criticism? How strange.

    Rather than assume I'm attacking a writer and taking the time out to point it out to me why not just do what most do who disagree and ignore it. My opinion may not be a popular one but it's my honest appraisal.
    You didn’t just state an opinion, you said ‘It’s like he hates the character’ It is nothing like that in my opinion.

    As to the rhetoric. How is it different to me walking up to someone wearing a Thor t-shirt, who loves Roy Thomas’ Thor and saying ‘well it’s like you are not a Thor fan’? I would expect to be punched in the face.

    Is it purely because he happens to work for Marvel that the rhetoric is somehow ok?
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-15-2019 at 03:04 PM.

  2. #1202
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    freja and Odin talking like they are in heat in battle seems to be bordering on Viking fan fic. also is Odin so much of a disappointment as a man that he couldn't satisfy his wife till now?!!! kidding aside the iron all father panel was ludicrous and priceless unlike the more huge final armour worn by a certain dark crusader in this week's issue.(seriously how many armour's is every writer going to make him wear?)
    Now that ladies and gentlemen is how you roast Odin...

  3. #1203
    Extraordinary Member JKtheMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bedford UK
    Posts
    8,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    freja and Odin talking like they are in heat in battle seems to be bordering on Viking fan fic. also is Odin so much of a disappointment as a man that he couldn't satisfy his wife till now?!!! kidding aside the iron all father panel was ludicrous and priceless unlike the more huge final armour worn by a certain dark crusader in this week's issue.(seriously how many armour's is every writer going to make him wear?)
    I know you have your tongue in your cheek, but you presumably realise that Freyja wasnít saying he couldnít satisfy her before? It was a comment about it being a novelty that she was aroused by his words. In other words he doesnít usually say romantic things. Like many of these things it was deliberately humorous so we are not supposed to take it too literally.

    It is certainly true that seeing them clumsily flirt is a little cringeworthy. But itís a bit like when ones parents flirt.

  4. #1204
    Fantastic Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    475

    Default

    It's crazy to think how much the Thor direction has changed between the God-Butcher to now; the former was deadly serious while the latter is pure bubble gum cosmic fun.
    Under Aaron's pen there is something for everyone.

    I wonder if that Odin reveal has something to do with the Avengers FCBD future storyline.

  5. #1205
    Extraordinary Member JKtheMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bedford UK
    Posts
    8,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It's crazy to think how much the Thor direction has changed between the God-Butcher to now; the former was deadly serious while the latter is pure bubble gum cosmic fun.
    Under Aaron's pen there is something for everyone.

    I wonder if that Odin reveal has something to do with the Avengers FCBD future storyline.
    Did you think space sharks and Granddaughters were any less bubble gum fun?

  6. #1206
    Fantastic Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Did you think space sharks and Granddaughters were any less bubble gum fun?
    LOL, touche.

    I meant in regards to Ribic's art to the scope and the all encompassing dread throughout the storyline. I mean you had young Thor terrified as to what he was seeing when he first encountered Gorr

  7. #1207
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    38,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    freja and Odin talking like they are in heat in battle seems to be bordering on Viking fan fic. also is Odin so much of a disappointment as a man that he couldn't satisfy his wife till now?!!! kidding aside the iron all father panel was ludicrous and priceless unlike the more huge final armour worn by a certain dark crusader in this week's issue.(seriously how many armour's is every writer going to make him wear?)
    Yeah, I really didn't care for the dialogue and characterization of the Odin/Freyja thing (I'm not even going to touch on Odin's situation), it just felt too over-the-top and reeked of Aaron's issues with writing Asgardian dialogue and I'm not really invested at all in their relationship at this point.

  8. #1208
    Extraordinary Member JKtheMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bedford UK
    Posts
    8,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    LOL, touche.

    I meant in regards to Ribic's art to the scope and the all encompassing dread throughout the storyline. I mean you had young Thor terrified as to what he was seeing when he first encountered Gorr
    I think you make a more solid point about the art. I would just point out that if Dauterman drew God of Thunder it wouldn’t have the same tone. Aaron did write for the artist to some extent, but I see a similarity of approach.

    I do think this event is deliberately lighter in tone than the current Thor books. There are many more jokes, the scope is more fitting for casual readers and fans not necessarily following the other books he has been writing. I imagine this is why Aaron wants to finish his run after the event is over rather than wrap it up here. He would presumably want the ending to be less high energy and crazy.

  9. #1209
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    38,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I do think this event is deliberately lighter in tone than the current Thor books. There are many more jokes, the scope is more fitting for casual readers and fans not necessarily following the other books he has been writing. I imagine this is why Aaron wants to finish his run after the event is over rather than wrap it up here. He would presumably want the ending to be less high energy and crazy.
    Sounds like an MCU movie .

  10. #1210
    Fantastic Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I think you make a more solid point about the art. I would just point out that if Dauterman drew God of Thunder it wouldn’t have the same tone. Aaron did write for the artist to some extent, but I see a similarity of approach.

    I do think this event is deliberately lighter in tone than the current Thor books. There are many more jokes, the scope is more fitting for casual readers and fans not necessarily following the other books he has been writing. I imagine this is why Aaron wants to finish his run after the event is over rather than wrap it up here. He would presumably want the ending to be less high energy and crazy.
    I concur, I can imagine the final issues of his Thor run will be his coda on Thor and Norse myth in the Marvel Universe. I have to imagine it will dovetail back to Fury's whisper and a God's worthiness and truly address it (hopefully).

  11. #1211
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    38,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I concur, I can imagine the final issues of his Thor run will be his coda on Thor and Norse myth in the Marvel Universe. I have to imagine it will dovetail back to Fury's whisper and a God's worthiness and truly address it (hopefully).
    Probably the most positive note his run could end on at this point.

    (And then we can finally move on ).

  12. #1212
    Fantastic Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably the most positive note his run could end on at this point.

    (And then we can finally move on ).
    Seriously, I will be so disappointed if he doesn't address it.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 05-15-2019 at 05:04 PM.

  13. #1213
    Death of Time Cronus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Wild West
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    You didn’t just state an opinion, you said ‘It’s like he hates the character’ It is nothing like that in my opinion.

    As to the rhetoric. How is it different to me walking up to someone wearing a Thor t-shirt, who loves Roy Thomas’ Thor and saying ‘well it’s like you are not a Thor fan’? I would expect to be punched in the face.

    Is it purely because he happens to work for Marvel that the rhetoric is somehow ok?
    The "rhetoric" is okay because it's an opinion. Just as you clearly state about your statement quoted above...another opinion. You seem to have an emotionally vested interest in defending Jason Aaron as a writer. Congratulations. Everyone here is utterly thrilled for you. I happen to be one of those that dont care for his writing. Sorry this is troublesome to you. I'm sure he's a fine human being and Marvel seems to think he's doing just fine. Beautiful.

    Doesn't change my opinion of his rendition of Thor. I dont like it.

    EDIT- had to double check to see if I wandered into the "Jason Aaron" appreciation thread.

    Nope. Definitely the God of Thunder appreciation thread.
    Last edited by Cronus; 05-15-2019 at 05:32 PM.
    "I know you're in there Banner; I'll get you out"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Would you give a guy a foot massage?"

  14. #1214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    The "rhetoric" is okay because it's an opinion. Just as you clearly state about your statement quoted above...another opinion. You seem to have an emotionally vested interest in defending Jason Aaron as a writer. Congratulations. Everyone here is utterly thrilled for you. I happen to be one of those that dont care for his writing. Sorry this is troublesome to you. I'm sure he's a fine human being and Marvel seems to think he's doing just fine. Beautiful.

    Doesn't change my opinion of his rendition of Thor. I dont like it.

    EDIT- had to double check to see if I wandered into the "Jason Aaron" appreciation thread.

    Nope. Definitely the God of Thunder appreciation thread.
    That's the feeling I have when I enter here sometimes.

  15. #1215
    Spectacular Member Wall-Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    208

    Default

    I want to rip my eyes out.

    Screenshot (464).jpg
    Screenshot (465).jpg

    Get out of there Jane, the least experienced "warrior" leading actual seasoned warriors and excellent leaders, she really is Aaron's pet character, wish fulfilment smh.
    And what's up with Odin using an armor made by Stark in order to be useful ? He just keeps confirming it, Aaron is a freaking cancer to all things Asgard.
    Last edited by Wall-Crawler; 05-15-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •