Page 36 of 152 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 2274
  1. #526
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    btw, that golden hammer was casually being cracked by Namor LMAO.
    showing like this remind me I need to keep a puke.gif handy.
    It's funny because when I saw her behind on the glass at the end of the show, I thought, "That's where she needs to be. In captivity. Behind a glass in a lab somewhere that she can be studied like the psychotic specimen she is."

  2. #527

  3. #528
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    528

    Default

    95% of it is going to be comprised of inconsequential cash grabs like most of these company-wide events
    It's funny because when I saw her behind on the glass at the end of the show, I thought, "That's where she needs to be. In captivity. Behind a glass in a lab somewhere that she can be studied like the psychotic specimen she is."

  4. #529
    Mighty Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    showing like this remind me I need to keep a puke.gif handy.
    yeah, LoL.

    btw, I just watched War of the Realms Act 1 trailer and Aaron had Jane shirt on.

    bad omen.

    according to Goddesses of Thunder, she is the hero WotR.

  5. #530
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    17,153

    Default


  6. #531
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,645

    Default

    I've no hope Thor will look good from this, regain his worthyness or even come out better

    It's possible

    But I dought it

  7. #532
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    yeah, LoL.

    btw, I just watched War of the Realms Act 1 trailer and Aaron had Jane shirt on.

    bad omen.

    according to Goddesses of Thunder, she is the hero WotR.
    as long as she uses her own name Aaron is welcome to storywank about her for the next Century for all I care
    It's funny because when I saw her behind on the glass at the end of the show, I thought, "That's where she needs to be. In captivity. Behind a glass in a lab somewhere that she can be studied like the psychotic specimen she is."

  8. #533
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    17,153

    Default


  9. #534
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    41,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    btw, that golden hammer was casually being cracked by Namor LMAO.
    Is that really surprising? The point about his current hammers is that they're nowhere near as durable as Mjolnir so he has to keep going through them.

  10. #535
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,233

    Default

    Exactly. Didn't he break dozens of them fighting the Juggernaut?

    The hammers Thor is using right now are pale shadows of Mjolnir. That's the point; to showcase the importance of it. It's not just any weapon, Thor had a deep and intimate relationship with that hammer and losing it has been comparable to losing a loved one.



    Id like to think that it's also to show that Thor is more than just Mjlonir and he can do the job without it, but......well, Im not sure if that's what Aaron is trying to say.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  11. #536
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    If not Hickman getting to write Thor once Aaron leaves, my second pick is easily Cates. I don't know who else in Marvel's current roster of writers would do a good job on the Thor title.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

  12. #537
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    41

    Default

    This whole War of the Realms thing hasn't interested me at all. Its a problem of pacing - I feel like the War of the Realms already happened in the Thor series.
    The dark elves conquering the different lands, killing the various queens, the battles in Hel, with the Thor team unable to do anything - I already assumed that the War of the Realms was already happening.

    Now it seems that what they mean by War of the Realms is the invasion of Earth (so that they can do a company wide event). I already have event fatigue even before the event already started.

    This feels like a never ending event, and the various detours has made the build up to the event feel off.

  13. #538
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    41,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Exactly. Didn't he break dozens of them fighting the Juggernaut?

    The hammers Thor is using right now are pale shadows of Mjolnir. That's the point; to showcase the importance of it. It's not just any weapon, Thor had a deep and intimate relationship with that hammer and losing it has been comparable to losing a loved one.



    Id like to think that it's also to show that Thor is more than just Mjlonir and he can do the job without it, but......well, Im not sure if that's what Aaron is trying to say.
    Honestly, Aaron's messages or themes on his Thor run feel so muddled to me.

    Like, it feels like he's portrayed several different reasoning for what makes someone Worthy but never really bothered to explain how Thor, who embodied all those traits, suddenly wasn't while Jane conveniently was.

    And if this storyline is to make Thor grow without Mjolnir...then you should probably have him stop obsessing over hammers and feeling empty without Mjolnir.

    This isn't even getting into his theological views of the Gods. Do they do too little? Do they do too much? Is there a point to their existence or are we better off without them?

  14. #539
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, Aaron's messages or themes on his Thor run feel so muddled to me.

    Like, it feels like he's portrayed several different reasoning for what makes someone Worthy but never really bothered to explain how Thor, who embodied all those traits, suddenly wasn't while Jane conveniently was.

    And if this storyline is to make Thor grow without Mjolnir...then you should probably have him stop obsessing over hammers and feeling empty without Mjolnir.

    This isn't even getting into his theological views of the Gods. Do they do too little? Do they do too much? Is there a point to their existence or are we better off without them?
    Yeah, Im with you. Aaron is weird. Its like, I really enjoy his work on some levels but on others Im really dissatisfied and/or just confused about what he's trying to do or say.

    He's entertained me the whole way, to one degree or another, but I feel like I'm on a roller coaster I know is going to crash and kill me. I'm having fun but I'm dreading where we're going and confused as to why Im even here......it's weird.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  15. #540
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,158

    Default

    It does feel like WOTR is going to be secret empire lite what with all the Norse mythology characters carving up earth into their fiefdom just like hydra carved out America amongst themselves.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •