Page 171 of 216 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd just be thinking to myself, "why is this Odin-looking fellow swinging Thor's hammer around and ruling Asgard?" .

If this were Thor in an endgame scenario I wouldn't have as much of a problem, like with Ragnarok and losing the eye, but this is different if it's an ongoing look. I'd rather Thor seem more unique then that.

By comparison the redesign looks far more like Thor.
    I guess, the good news is we're getting a great writer who actually likes and respects Thor, I'm very excited.

Astonishing Member

Reminds me of kilraven for some reason

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I'll probably stick with this for as long as it doesn't get too cross-over heavy. I hope the Thor solo title stays in his corner of the universe like Aaron's Thor, the minute Thor crossovers with Venom or whatever I'm out and I'll wait for trades.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Don't know about that... Kirby's iconic design was a lot more 'superhero' and a lot less 'Viking hero of myth'. If anything it feels like a return to form for Thor. Which is what I hope for
    Ah, I was referring to Aaron's God Butcher Thor.

Also Thor now has a proper superhero symbol on his chest.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 10-04-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Interesting, and not entirely surprising, news.

Cates is pretty hit or miss with me, but the art and direction look good and the new threads are....something. I like the starfield and the use of the rune, but it still feels like a bigger departure from the norm than I was expecting.

And I already miss the beard.

Good luck Mr. Cates! I hope you knock it out of the park and across the Nine Realms.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Wouldn't it be a natural progression of the story that he looks like his father now that he has taken the throne and title of all-father though ? I know it does give us a bad taste because it reminds us of the mess Aaron made, but under Cates this Odin-ish look could get a whole new meaning and when we see him like that we'll think of the word "badass". Just imagine him sporting that look around The Avengers or other heroes and owning villains, it looks too divine, it's definitely a stand-out look.
    d.
    Not really.

1) Thor is nigh immortal and been around for centuries... and still looks like a man in full warrior prime. There's no reason in the world that he should age up as soon as Odin steps aside. Especially in the world of Sliding timeline. It's only been less than 10 years since the Simonson days, he shouldn't be THAT different....

2) The ONLY reason to make Thor All-father and King... is because they want to see King Thor. Not Odin 2.0... but Thor on the throne. Just making him look and act like Odin feels pointless.

Not even mentioning the whole pre-ragnorok King Thor run we've already seen making this redundant. Making Thor = Odin is lame.

This reminds of the makeover the Olympian gods got after they died and were reborn in No Road Home.

I wonder if that is how Thor #1 will start (death -> rebirth).

Avengers-No-Road-Home-10-spoilers-Olympian-Gods-1-Zeus.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    This reminds of the makeover the Olympian gods got after they died and were reborn in No Road Home.

Nice catch, that would be a good way to link the pantheons in Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post

I can get behind Thor Reborn .

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well I hadn’t seen that sketch until now. The spikes on the arm on the cover may indeed be misleading. The interior appears to have a horned helmet looking guy that is suspiciously Thor like with an mismatched black arm and the other picture with his back to us shows the destroyer arm, so I still expect it to start with a continuation. Perhaps the new design will be a splash page at the end of issue one.
    Well if we go off the marverl.com article (which should be more official than others), we get this little quote:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...er-with-thor-1

How did the Odinson's eye heal? What happened to the God's golden arm? What's happening with the mighty mystical mallet, Mjolnir?

Find out next year, as Donny Cates, Nic Klein, and colorist Matthew Wilson introduce THOR #1.
    I'm going to venture he's fully healed by some event/occurance and the missing eye/limbs are a thing of the past (or at least will be by the end of issue 1/2). Based on that cosmic outrfit and white glow of molnir I think they are upping his power level status clear into Odin reams ... at least temporarily. Possibly in no small part as a nod to people who were crying that Thor was de-powered as of late.

I've always like Cates best when he does cosmic/cosmic scale stories... so I have high hopes for this. I loved Arron's Mighty Thor/Jane Thor run, but not what came after ... so here's to hoping.
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 10-04-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Well if we go off the marverl.com article (which should be more official than others), we get this little quote:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...er-with-thor-1

I'm going to ventured he's fully healed by some event/occurance and the missing eye/limbs are a thing of the past (or at least will be by the end of issue 1/2). Based on that cosmic outrfit and white glow of molnir I think they are upping his power level status clear into Odin reams ... at least temporarily. Possibly in no small part as a nod to people who were crying that Thor was de-powered as of late.

I've always like Cates best when he does cosmic/cosmic scale stories... so I have high hopes for this. I loved Arron's Mighty Thor/Jane Thor run, but not what came after ... so here's to hoping.
    So that pretty much confirms the new design is Thor's new look .

Aw man I cant wait!
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

This design while not as good as the original with the helmet is still a marked improvement over what we’ve had lately. They just need to fix the handle and and inscription on the hammer.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Spectacular Member

Very happy about the new look. Aaron is gone, long hair is back, all is right with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    I guess, the good news is we're getting a great writer who actually likes and respects Thor, I'm very excited.
    he respects and likes Aaron even more.