Page 149 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3234
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THORPERION View Post
    Even his own PET, through his own PEN, admits it here:
    Attachment 85853

“Our combined STORMS...”

Plural. His (innate) and Hers (stolen from hammer). “COMBINED.”

Nuff said.
    Oy vey, I shouldn't even respond to you; but okay, again as discussed in this thread The Mother of Storms is the one who imbues these powers to all Thors except for War Thor who is imbued by another Universe's Mjolnir.

Yes young Thor has called down lightning, but according to canon vis a vis Aaron's writing, all power of lightning & thunder comes from the Mother of Storms.

Even Odin had a hard time taming the Mother of Storms and when it was put into Mjolnir it would whisper to Thor, hence him wielding lighting. The Mother of Storms whispered to Jane too, that is why she knew that that there must always be a Thor.

Yes Thor's powers have been duplicated, and again that is because the Mother of Storms allowed it. Beta Ray Bill is a noble hero who is worthy, so why couldn't the Mother of Storms imbue that power to him?

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Oy vey, I shouldn't even respond to you; but okay, again as discussed in this thread The Mother of Storms is the one who imbues these powers to all Thors except for War Thor who is imbued by another Universe's Mjolnir.

Yes young Thor has called down lightning, but according to canon vis a vis Aaron's writing, all power of lightning & thunder comes from the Mother of Storms.

Even Odin had a hard time taming the Mother of Storms and when it was put into Mjolnir it would whisper to Thor, hence him wielding lighting. The Mother of Storms whispered to Jane too, that is why she knew that that there must always be a Thor.

Yes Thor's powers have been duplicated, and again that is because the Mother of Storms allowed it. Beta Ray Bill is a noble hero who is worthy, so why couldn't the Mother of Storms imbue that power to him?
    Show me the issue where it states that all of Thor's powers come from the Mother Storm. Because that contradicts Aaron's own work where Young Thor was able to control the weather and make it rain fire long before becoming worthy.
    Last edited by Alpha to Omega; 08-16-2019 at 05:50 PM.

I think this image basically sums up all my issues with the Thor/Jane Foster dynamic now.

Ultimate Member

Completely unrelated question, but I was wondering, when did Frost Giants become flesh and blood creatures?

I mean, yeah, Loki's always been fleshy, but looking back, in a lot of comics, frost giants have been giant beings of ice. Anyone know when that changed to what we have now, to blue giants?

BANNED

Makes no sense. Under your own theory, being “worthy” allows Thor to have this power. An unworthy one shouldn’t. How did he command and basically disperse the all-powerful MoSs to save Jane. Honestly, it basically seemed to me there that Thor sacrificed the “evil” Storm to give Jane life. Further, it is Odin’s power that gave power to Stormbreaker. Hence, the MoSs theory is rendered null and dead. According to AARON, Odín battled and beat the Mother into the Uru. Waaayyy before Thor was even in the picture. He was god of thunder from birth. Odín wouldn’t know his son was going to be “worthy” of this hammer (per Aaron) until actually he lifted it. Odín is not all-seeing and omnipotent so he can’t see the future only what’s foretold. Knows her is that prefaced in Aaron’s sordid tale.

You believe that. I (and most everyone else) doesn’t. Leave it at that. But it is in NO WAY canon.
    Last edited by THORPERION; 08-16-2019 at 06:12 PM.

BANNED

The Cool Thatguy- Since the movies I think. Even in A:EMH they were depicted as they were originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Show me the issue where it states that all of Thor's powers come from the Mother Storm. Because that contradicts Aaron's own work where Young Thor was able to control the weather and make it rain fire long before becoming worthy.
    Issue 12 of The Mighty Thor Volume 2.

This is the issue where we learn that the Mother of Storms has been whispering to Thor ever since he was a child.

Again this is how he was able to call down lightning before he became worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by THORPERION View Post
    The Cool Thatguy- Since the movies I think. Even in A:EMH they were depicted as they were originally.
    Yeah, good rule of thumb is assume most design changes happened to match the movies .

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Completely unrelated question, but I was wondering, when did Frost Giants become flesh and blood creatures?

I mean, yeah, Loki's always been fleshy, but looking back, in a lot of comics, frost giants have been giant beings of ice. Anyone know when that changed to what we have now, to blue giants?
    The current blue-skinned look started with the JMS and Coipel run. Before that they were usually depicted as just looking like giant humans which goes back all the way to the Lee and Kirby days, though there were exceptions where they looked like they were made of ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think this image basically sums up all my issues with the Thor/Jane Foster dynamic now.
    But it's good cop/better cop. Who doesn't love that? It's the new Lethal Weapon for our age

This is the issue where we learn that the Mother of Storms has been whispering to Thor ever since he was a child.

Except that issue doesn't state anything of the sort. Nowhere does it say that Thor's storm powers come from the hammer in that issue, it only states that he heard it whispering. So once again: show me the issue where it actually STATES that Thor's powers come from the Mother Storm.

And that issue is suspect anyway since it also says that Odin only wielded Mjolnir once and then locked it in his armory which completely goes against both prior continuity and Aaron's own idiotic Prehistoric Avengers idea.

But it's good cop/better cop. Who doesn't love that? It's the new Lethal Weapon for our age
    "Better Cop?" I don't see the appeal...especially when one comes off like a failed toxic masculinity male hero against the strong, dignified, female hero.
    Thor vs. Loki. Can't get more classic then that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

Problem is that worthiness is an ABSOLUTE. Not a partial. You don’t get access to part of the power if you’re somewhat worthy. It’s all or nothing. So, even if it whispered to young Thor, that does not allow access to even a spark of lightning since it spoke to him but denied him the lifting of it. He didn’t even know about mjolnir and he was blasting Gorr so it’s clear he doesn’t need it.

Otherwise Jane could cast lightning without the hammer just because she is worthy and she couldn’t.

Lastly, when Thor challlenges the MoSs, it comes down in vengeance. Taunted. Not to help but to kill as evidenced by Thor’s arm melting. And Thor survived and wielded it making it lesser than he. Odín helped but not with the initial massive attack. Thor should’ve died there by your theory yet he didn’t because HE is the God of Thunder and Lightning! And IT does his bidding! “THOR” does mean “Thunder” after all y’know.....
    Last edited by THORPERION; 08-16-2019 at 06:40 PM.

BANNED

Error. Double post.
    Last edited by THORPERION; 08-16-2019 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Mistake