Page 82 of 216 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 3234

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    I want to rip my eyes out.

Attachment 82389
    Attachment 82391

Get out of there Jane, the least experienced "warrior" leading actual seasoned warriors and excellent leaders, she really is Aaron's pet character, wish fulfilment smh.
    And what's up with Odin using an armor made by Stark in order to be useful ? He just keeps confirming it, Aaron is a freaking cancer to all things Asgard.
    Y'know, I can enjoy Jane as Thor divorced from my enjoyment of OG!Thor and as her own character...but this still seems a bit too much for me.

Like, I know she was fighting the "War of the Realms" before anyone else is but I don't think that automatically necessitates her being in command and rallying all these heroes.

But I also thought it was just a little unbelievable that she became so important and beloved in Asgard so fast...

At this point becoming Valkyrie seems like a demotion .

Attachment 82389
    Attachment 82391

Get out of there Jane, the least experienced "warrior" leading actual seasoned warriors and excellent leaders, she really is Aaron's pet character, wish fulfilment smh.
    And what's up with Odin using an armor made by Stark in order to be useful ? He just keeps confirming it, Aaron is a freaking cancer to all things Asgard.
    /puke

Why did you have post this man???

I don't want to have nightmares.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I know you have your tongue in your cheek, but you presumably realise that Freyja wasn’t saying he couldn’t satisfy her before? It was a comment about it being a novelty that she was aroused by his words. In other words he doesn’t usually say romantic things. Like many of these things it was deliberately humorous so we are not supposed to take it too literally.

It is certainly true that seeing them clumsily flirt is a little cringeworthy. But it’s a bit like when ones parents flirt.
    yep. my comments were made entirely in jest though it was cringe worthy as you yourself admit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I really didn't care for the dialogue and characterization of the Odin/Freyja thing (I'm not even going to touch on Odin's situation), it just felt too over-the-top and reeked of Aaron's issues with writing Asgardian dialogue and I'm not really invested at all in their relationship at this point.
    yes it did add a farcical touch to all the proceedings which makes it difficult to believe that this is their final moment together.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    yes it did add a farcical touch to all the proceedings which makes it difficult to believe that this is their final moment together.
    It is more likely that from this point they are separated and headed to different realms.

What happened to those cool Asgardian Space Armor that all the asgardians had In JMS mighty Thor run.
    They all wore it to fight Galactus in space and it gave them fight (I remember Sif flying from Earth to Mars in minutes).
    Those would be cool to see again.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Thor Annual #7
    The Eternals Saga: Part 1 of 20 - The Eternals guest star in "And Ever--the Eternals!"
    As Odin sends Hermod to Hel to see if there's anything to be done to save Balder, Thor begins wandering.
    He eventually finds himself in front of Mimir. Mimir tells Thor of a time in the past, that has been blocked from his memory.

Thor left Asgard for Midgard, and during his travels, met the Eternals and learned of the Deviants and Mutates.

Thor also learned about the Celestials, but the Eternal Valkin blocked his memories until now.

NOTE: Story continues in Thor #283.

Script by Roy Thomas, pencils by Walter Simonson, inks by Ernie Chan.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    What happened to those cool Asgardian Space Armor that all the asgardians had In JMS mighty Thor run.
    They all wore it to fight Galactus in space and it gave them fight (I remember Sif flying from Earth to Mars in minutes).
    Those would be cool to see again.
    Well first Asgard was destroyed and then Asgardia was destroyed. So I am guessing it got destroyed?

Hence the overworked Dwarves and Stark helping out again.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Attachment 82389
    Attachment 82391

LOL, I would have loved to seen Sif or Angela say, " Get out of here Jane!" I love JaneThor, but yeah this was a bit much too and I think this is why Thor busts in like a damn OG and says only one person can lead the charge and his NAME is Thor.

I think this was a direct callback to Jane taking his name, and you can see the trajectory of Thor's character he is starting to feel worthy again. First step claim his Bor-Damned name again, second step tame the Storm within Mjolnir, third kill Malakith.

so did Iron Cancer Odin die???

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    LOL, I would have loved to seen Sif or Angela say, " Get out of here Jane!" I love JaneThor, but yeah this was a bit much too and I think this is why Thor busts in like a damn OG and says only one person can lead the charge and his NAME is Thor.

I think this was a direct callback to Jane taking his name, and you can see the trajectory of Thor's character he is starting to feel worthy again. First step claim his Bor-Damned name again, second step tame the Storm within Mjolnir, third kill Malakith.
    We have a heavy hint that Old King Thor will turn up for the climax so my guess, that future Mjölnir got swapped last time and out Thor’s Mjölnir will end up back in his possession is still possible.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    We have a heavy hint that Old King Thor will turn up for the climax so my guess, that future Mjölnir got swapped last time and out Thor’s Mjölnir will end up back in his possession is still possible.
    Also, time travel shenanigans. I always forget that in the God Butcher storyline, there's friggin' time travel.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    so did Iron Cancer Odin die???
    nothing is for certain but yes pretty sure he and freyja died

Mighty Member

Hi,
    I'm slowly making my way through Thor, but a couple questions:
    1. What were the circumstances/event/storyline that led to Asgard being in Broxton?
    2. Same question for Asgard being rebuilt by Tony.
    3. Loki dying and coming back as a child.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Hi,
    I'm slowly making my way through Thor, but a couple questions:
    1. What were the circumstances/event/storyline that led to Asgard being in Broxton?
    2. Same question for Asgard being rebuilt by Tony.
    3. Loki dying and coming back as a child.
    The questions you are asking are mostly tied up with the Seige event, its lead-up and its aftermath. This is a very complex thing to fully explain without just confusing it more. Probably easier to watch a Seige synopsis on Youtube.

Seige is more an ending of a huge MU arc than a good place to start. You might be better served to just roll with it from this point on. Accept that some weird stuff happened and the ruins from a strange event that made Asgard overlap with Broxton are being rebuilt as Asgardia. Also Kid Loki gets explained more later in Journey into Mystery (which is essential reading because it is excellent - Spoiling that would be criminal).

Suffice to say:

1: Loki made Asgard manifest over Broxton with dark reality warping magic and what was left after that was destroyed in Seige were ruins.
    2: Stark was actually being helpful after Seige. It was a time of rebuilding figuratively in the MU. What gets rebuilt is technically called Asgardia (at least later).
    3: Loki tricked Hela to avoid his death and Kid Loki was the result.

I guess you could backtrack to the beginning of JMS, or just start at Thor 611 in the immediate aftermath of Seige. That doesn't necessarily sound easier though.

Out of interest where did you start?
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-17-2019 at 05:05 AM.