Page 195 of 216 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3234
  1. #2911
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Coipel-style Thor with no beard, a bit of a 4head, and cursed SLEEVES looks too young. Free the damn arms, at the very least.
    I always wondered why JMS gave Thor's costume sleeves.
    Why i don't like Thanos Rising https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Thanos-Rising
    Noh-Varr and the Guardians of the Galaxy https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ing-s-relaunch
    Cosmic Marvel is best Marvel
    #RememberThor
    No one can write Thanos well but Jim Starlin.

  2. #2912
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Consider any optimism I ever had for this run crushed. I hate to sound like a stuck record, but this very much feels in line with my opinion that the majority of modern Marvel writers see any authority figure other than Captain America as bad and needing to be torn down/dirtied-up. I mean: "he's a dick"... has he read the Lee/Kirby run? Thor is supposed to be noble. He's supposed to be someone who the reader looks up to as an example. Yes, you want him to have a few flaws... but so he can overcome them. Argh... this is so frustrating.
    Yeah, I don't get it. I mean, Cap is basically Superman without powers, but Thor is Superman with powers...yet somehow he's also a jerk? Even though that's never really been his consistent characterization?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Thor gets his real left arm back?
    Yeah, if anything positive comes out of this it's Thor getting his arm and eye back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Coipel-style Thor with no beard, a bit of a 4head, and cursed SLEEVES looks too young. Free the damn arms, at the very least.
    I like the sleeveless looks with the classic design, but I prefer armored sleeves for the modern look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Looks that way. The loop is back on Mjolnir, too (yay!).
    I just noticed the tassel is back! Yay .

  3. #2913
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I don't get it. I mean, Cap is basically Superman without powers, but Thor is Superman with powers...yet somehow he's also a jerk? Even though that's never really been his consistent characterization?

    Yeah, if anything positive comes out of this it's Thor getting his arm and eye back.

    I like the sleeveless looks with the classic design, but I prefer armored sleeves for the modern look.

    I just noticed the tassel is back! Yay .
    Superman was kind of a dick in the Silver Age. poor Jimmy Olsen couldn't catch a break.

    Thor is mythological Superman with weather powers.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 11-24-2019 at 04:07 AM.
    Why i don't like Thanos Rising https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Thanos-Rising
    Noh-Varr and the Guardians of the Galaxy https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ing-s-relaunch
    Cosmic Marvel is best Marvel
    #RememberThor
    No one can write Thanos well but Jim Starlin.

  4. #2914
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I always wondered why JMS gave Thor's costume sleeves.
    What's wrong with sleeves?

  5. #2915
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What's wrong with sleeves?
    Nothing wrong, it gives him a knight-like look. But i prefer the classic pre-Ragnarok look.
    Why i don't like Thanos Rising https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Thanos-Rising
    Noh-Varr and the Guardians of the Galaxy https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ing-s-relaunch
    Cosmic Marvel is best Marvel
    #RememberThor
    No one can write Thanos well but Jim Starlin.

  6. #2916
    Astonishing Member Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,159

    Default

    I generally prefer sleeves to bare arms, though obviously I've nothing against the classic Kirby original design. If you're going to move away from the OG suit, then yeah, cover the arms.

  7. #2917
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I generally prefer sleeves to bare arms, though obviously I've nothing against the classic Kirby original design. If you're going to move away from the OG suit, then yeah, cover the arms.
    This is my stance on it too. I think the sleeveless look works best for the classic look.

  8. #2918
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,955

    Default

    The idea that Thor is a jerk, it's really put mevon a downer for this run already

    I'll be off all of marvel soon enough

  9. #2919
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    The idea that Thor is a jerk, it's really put mevon a downer for this run already

    I'll be off all of marvel soon enough
    I've amended my view, I have no interest in what this writer has presented as his view of Thor's character

    It might not read in the way described but I have utterly no hope whatsoever now

  10. #2920
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I've amended my view, I have no interest in what this writer has presented as his view of Thor's character

    It might not read in the way described but I have utterly no hope whatsoever now
    There's always Annihilation Scourge for me at least.
    Why i don't like Thanos Rising https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Thanos-Rising
    Noh-Varr and the Guardians of the Galaxy https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ing-s-relaunch
    Cosmic Marvel is best Marvel
    #RememberThor
    No one can write Thanos well but Jim Starlin.

  11. #2921
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    beheaded jobber.jpg

    Rest in peace God of Jobbers.
    Why i don't like Thanos Rising https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Thanos-Rising
    Noh-Varr and the Guardians of the Galaxy https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ing-s-relaunch
    Cosmic Marvel is best Marvel
    #RememberThor
    No one can write Thanos well but Jim Starlin.

  12. #2922
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    beheaded jobber.jpg

    Rest in peace God of Jobbers.
    I am not going to miss that eye-patch.

    By the way...maybe it's all a fakeout and the fights were orchestrated? Would be a good way for everyone to save face.

  13. #2923
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I am not going to miss that eye-patch.

    By the way...maybe it's all a fakeout and the fights were orchestrated? Would be a good way for everyone to save face.
    It's possible, however i don't think the fights are whats going to be fake, i think her killing and decapitating Thor is whats going to turn out to be fake in the end.

  14. #2924
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    It's possible, however i don't think the fights are whats going to be fake, i think her killing and decapitating Thor is whats going to turn out to be fake in the end.
    I hope so. Thor deserves more respect, like Superman-level respect.
    Why i don't like Thanos Rising https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Thanos-Rising
    Noh-Varr and the Guardians of the Galaxy https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ing-s-relaunch
    Cosmic Marvel is best Marvel
    #RememberThor
    No one can write Thanos well but Jim Starlin.

  15. #2925
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I hope so. Thor deserves more respect, like Superman-level respect.
    So who should be the Batman's equivalent to Thor to disrespect him?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •