Page 193 of 216 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3234

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Even without Mjolnir Thor should be dangerous.

But current comics would have you think Thor's entire effectiveness is centered on that one hammer.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's like they decided to bring back the "Thor is useless without the hammer" from when he was still Donald Blake, but without the weakness of being Donald and just making Thor automatically useless, and even then, he was only "useless" in combat only when/if he didn't get the hammer back in a minute...
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Even without Mjolnir Thor should be dangerous.

But current comics would have you think Thor's entire effectiveness is centered on that one hammer.
    end of spoilers
    THIS!!!

I am tired of comics constantly distilling Thor to entirely revolve around his hammer and making it seem like he is nothing without it. Mljonir certainly gives him more range and abilities, but for gods sake he is still the GOD OF THUNDER even without it. He has super strength, durability, the ability to use lightning and other powers, even without it he should be more powerful than 99% of characters on Earth, but instead writers always gimp him by having him lose his hammer and all of a sudden it's like he lost all his strength, toughness and abilities to do anything... This over-reliance on a hammer he didn't have for THOUSANDS of years and somehow managed to survive without it is getting tiresome.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    THIS!!!

I am tired of comics constantly distilling Thor to entirely revolve around his hammer and making it seem like he is nothing without it. Mljonir certainly gives him more range and abilities, but for gods sake he is still the GOD OF THUNDER even without it. He has super strength, durability, the ability to use lightning and other powers, even without it he should be more powerful than 99% of characters on Earth, but instead writers always gimp him by having him lose his hammer and all of a sudden it's like he lost all his strength, toughness and abilities to do anything... This over-reliance on a hammer he didn't have for THOUSANDS of years and somehow managed to survive without it is getting tiresome.
    It's just as bad as the Aquaman stereotype, that he doesn't have powers beyond talking to fish.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    It's just as bad as the Aquaman stereotype, that he doesn't have powers beyond talking to fish.
    Agreed.

It's a pretty idiotic stereotype at this point.

Thor is the god of thunder with or without the hammer. Not sure why writers insist on writing him like he depends on the hammer for everything, there was a time that Thor only used his hammer for the most powerful of threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed.

Thor is the god of thunder with or without the hammer. Not sure why writers insist on writing him like he depends on the hammer for everything, there was a time that Thor only used his hammer for the most powerful of threats.
    Another reason that I miss Donald Blake or even Eric Masterson. That human identity was great for Thor to have a weaker vulnerable moment... and for God Thor to be THOR!!! There's always going to be something iconic about Thor scrambling to get that Hammer back in his hand... but I miss the days when he'd tuck it in his belt and fight with just his God-Given ability too.

Amazing Member

And to think Kelly Thompson considers herself a Thor fan. I shudder thinking how she would treat a character she dislikes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Another reason that I miss Donald Blake or even Eric Masterson. That human identity was great for Thor to have a weaker vulnerable moment... and for God Thor to be THOR!!! There's always going to be something iconic about Thor scrambling to get that Hammer back in his hand... but I miss the days when he'd tuck it in his belt and fight with just his God-Given ability too.
    Don't forget Jake Olson, I mean the dude put up a fight against Thor using his own hammer.
    Also Donald Blake as a doctor really emphasize Thor being the warrior with a gentle heart.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed.

Also Thor is like the son of mother Earth herself. I am kinda disappointed this was always overshadowed by his Asgardian lineage. When speaking of heritage, it's always Odin who is mentioned.
    I mean when writers feel like to show off Thor's list of titles, shouldn't Son of Gaea be an honorable mention.
    Then again I feel like Thor being an half-Elder God kinda serves not much point plot wise most of the time, power-wise King Thor is basically Odin level, Hammerless Thor is Herc-level who is a Demigod. Like, what is the point of papa Odin mating with Gaea?
    (He is significantly more powerful than the like of Balder though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    And to think Kelly Thompson considers herself a Thor fan. I shudder thinking how she would treat a character she dislikes.
    LoL she said that???

she probably meant Jane.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    LoL she said that???

she probably meant Jane.
    Yeah, on her Twitter, when someone called her out. But then again, perhaps she was just saying that to save face.

She was referring to the real Thor, not Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    LoL she said that???

she probably meant Jane.
    Or MCU Thor.

If she was a real Thor fan, she knew that he is still pretty strong even without Mjolnir.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Amazing Member

Or MCU Thor.

If she was a real Thor fan, she knew that he is still pretty strong even without Mjolnir.
    True. Actually I am pretty sure she was saving face.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Thor #349 Nov 1984
    "Debts of Honor!"
    With the Casket of Ancient Winters shattered, a supernatural cold spreads across Midgard.

Roger suspects Melodi aka Lorelei is up to something, but with a spell, she prevents him from telling Thor.
    Agnar and Balder arrive back in Asgard to tell Odin of the vision Balder has seen.
    Thor brings Malekith back to Asgard

and Odin puts him in the Prison of No Escape.
    With Malekith locked away, Odin tells them the history of the challenge they now face.
    He tells them of Surtur, his brothers and the birth of the Odinpower, and of the coming war.
    And to help in the coming battle, Odin summons Beta Ray Bill back to Asgard.

Script and art by Walter Simonson

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    True. Actually I am pretty sure she was saving face.
    Lol, sometimes i wonder why i'm still following Marvel even though they have been shitting on my favorite characters since 2012? (GOTG, Nova, Thanos, Thor, Captain America)

BANNED

Lol, sometimes i wonder why i'm still following Marvel even though they have been shitting on my favorite characters since 2012? (GOTG, Nova, Thanos, Thor, Captain America)
    Give Immortal Hulk a try, the character has been brightening my day every time a new comic comes out.