Page 95 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3234

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    after she gets the odinforce, she'll be the all-father, then she'll work her way through the cosmic entities... grab the phoenix force while she gets some beyonder and celestial powers... all until aaron has her as the OOA.
    Damn, imagine that shitstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...not surprised, but with Jane getting her own Valkyrie book and Aaron leaving I am really ready for a Thor book that does not have to cater to Jane Foster.

spoilers:
    The latter seems more true to the character of Jane Foster, to be honest.

And, I mean, if she needed a heroic death scene then they just should've stuck with her death at the end of last volume and been done with it.
    end of spoilers
    Aaron...is leaving?

Thank goodness.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Aaron is about to be off of Thor? That is absolutely wonderful news. They should've booted his ass after the God Bomb arc.

Wait what is he working on next?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Reconstructing the background shenanigans at Marvel now we see the story more clearly, the shift back to Thor Odinson was probably not the original plan. When Legacy came along the directive to all of the writers and editors was to sharpen the stories. Make the main theme more apparent. Let everyone know what your story is about. For Thor this necessitated Jane’s story coming to a head early. So Aaron’s solution seems to have been what we ended up with.

Legacy was always a stupid idea. I am convinced it came from the board and that Alonso had nothing to do with it. I wouldn’t be surprised if Alonso actually quit over it.

Aaron admitted in an interview that he would have continued the Jane as Thor story for longer. When I heard this I knew for certain that his new plan would be to bring Jane back in some capacity at the end of his run. This isn’t ‘catering to Jane’ this was always his story. Jane is and always has been a vital element of his plan. The ending of the War of the Realms needs her because she is the person who responded to it in the first place. It is her war.

Not having her return as Thor would be like Frodo being killed by Shelob and Sam carrying the ring to Mount Doom. It would be a broken story.

The essential fact is, complaining about her now is actually the same complaint as her ever becoming Thor. If you didn’t like that story then... this is that story. It always was that story.
    It's Jane's war? Really! I strongly disagree with that take, weren't the seeds of the War of the Realm planted before the whole unworthy drama and Jane picking up the hammer? This is most assuredly Thor Odinson's and Asgard's war, not Jane's. Hell, Malekith as hardly given Jane any special thought whatsoever, just another person to be eliminated along with others. This should come down to Thor vs Malekith in the end, but knowing Aaron Jane will save the day.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    It's Jane's war? Really! I strongly disagree with that take, weren't the seeds of the War of the Realm planted before the whole unworthy drama and Jane picking up the hammer? This is most assuredly Thor Odinson's and Asgard's war, not Jane's. Hell, Malekith as hardly given Jane any special thought whatsoever, just another person to be eliminated along with others. This should come down to Thor vs Malekith in the end, but knowing Aaron Jane will save the day.
    Yeah, how is this Jane's war? The built up during her time as Thor, but what did she do to shape it? Thematically, where does she even fit, even with the hammer?

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Aaron...is leaving?

Thank goodness.
    It's one of the best things about WotR. That aaron's run is coming to a end.

Astonishing Member

She's an interesting side character nothing more, as much as Aaron may want, he might try to elevate her to actually being Thor, but long term it won't hold, it didn't for any alternative, for whatever reason it was moved on, it might have been popular for a side quest but it's nothing more

If her own book works, I'm totally good with that

But ultimately thor, the actual Thor, is the basis of this mythos, no one else

Legacy was always a stupid idea. I am convinced it came from the board and that Alonso had nothing to do with it. I wouldn’t be surprised if Alonso actually quit over it.
    I don't think Alonso quit.
    Aaron admitted in an interview that he would have continued the Jane as Thor story for longer. When I heard this I knew for certain that his new plan would be to bring Jane back in some capacity at the end of his run. This isn’t ‘catering to Jane’ this was always his story. Jane is and always has been a vital element of his plan. The ending of the War of the Realms needs her because she is the person who responded to it in the first place. It is her war.
    I agree it's his story, it's just a lot of his story and focus seems to be spent catering things towards Jane Foster rather then, well, the original Thor.
    I think I remember in Malekith's "origin" issue he deliberately went to look in on Jane to rub it in her face although I don't think it was ever as personal as it was with Thor.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, how is this Jane's war? The built up during her time as Thor, but what did she do to shape it? Thematically, where does she even fit, even with the hammer?
    To play devil's advocate I think it being "Jane's war" was ostensibly because she was supposed to be the one most directly fighting Malekith and his efforts while Asgard was being useless and Thor was...well, y'know.

The first act of the actual war was the space attack that Jane countered. She then takes up the mantle of the war when Asgard and half the Realms had no interest in fighting. After ‘There must always be a Thor’ it was her main motivation. Every story told in her run was in some way related to the war. Either directly or indirectly.

Thor spent all of this first part of the story trying to figure out who the new girl was. Then the next part of the war Thor was almost entirely absent due to being kidnapped and nobody even realising. So yes Jane as Thor was the key protagonist in the story of the war and in a standard adventure tale that means she will be there at the end trying to finish it.

I don't think Alonso quit.
    Well I have always wondered and one day we might learn the truth. It felt to me that they had no succession ready and that they had to mentor his replacement. That could indicate he walked. In his situation I wouldn’t blame him. Seemed like Marvel were forcing through changes that went against everything he believes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    It's one of the best things about WotR. That aaron's run is coming to a end.
    Except it won’t be for some months yet.

Thor spent all of this first part of the story trying to figure out who the new girl was. Then the next part of the war Thor was almost entirely absent due to being kidnapped and nobody even realising. So yes Jane as Thor was the key protagonist in the story of the war and in a standard adventure tale that means she will be there at the end trying to finish it.
    Which is why I'll be glad when we get a new writer who will hopefully feel that they can fully focus on Thor as a character now that Jane is off doing her own thing and will not need to be served by the Thor book anymore.
    Well I have always wondered and one day we might learn the truth. It felt to me that they had no succession ready and that they had to mentor his replacement. That could indicate he walked. In his situation I wouldn’t blame him. Seemed like Marvel were forcing through changes that went against everything he believes in.
    I think that's a bit too dramatic a way of looking at it.

It seemed more to me that all the brouhaha with Alonso's stuff and creative directions led to a regime change and he was basically let go.
    Except it won’t be for some months yet.
    I don't imagine "some months" will be that much longer after WoTR ends.

I don't imagine "some months" will be that much longer after WoTR ends.
    probably into early 2020. Marvel like starting new things in Feb or March
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 06-06-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Ultimate Member

To play devil's advocate I think it being "Jane's war" was ostensibly because she was supposed to be the one most directly fighting Malekith and his efforts while Asgard was being useless and Thor was...well, y'know.
    The Kingpin started out as a Spider-man villain but switched to DD because he fit the heroes thematic style better.

During Jane's time as Thor, Malekith never made their conflict too terribly personal, all the people he's killed or hurt are connected to Thor personally (ya know, his mom and dad). So yeah, on a banal level I can see it, but it doesn't serve to bring the story full circle.

But then again, this is a straight up, beat 'em up story without much depth, so hey...