Page 146 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3234

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    (Looks at Thor in Infinity War)

Really?
    Looks at Thor at beginning of Thor

Looks at Thor at end of Ragnorak

Looks at Thor at end of Infinity War

Look, I am a big fan of MCU Thor, but even I recognize, that despite looking cool AF duel wielding with the cool hair and beard and armor... dude did absolutely nothing against Thanos other than get wrecked lol. Did he even land a single hit?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I feel like directors and actors just say stuff like this sometimes just to make us shut up.
    Thats exactly what they do lol.

As someone who has suffered with depression, i get what tjey were trying to do, but the consistent joking about it just took away from everything. I understand Chris Hemsworth works best that way, but it would have worked in moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Thats exactly what they do lol.

As someone who has suffered with depression, i get what tjey were trying to do, but the consistent joking about it just took away from everything. I understand Chris Hemsworth works best that way, but it would have worked in moderation.
    That's a problem I have with the MCU as a whole, dramatic tension is cut down with quips and jokes. It happens the most with Thor, and I know that's how Hemsworth likes it, but it can be grating at times.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Looks at Thor at beginning of Thor

Looks at Thor at end of Ragnorak

Looks at Thor at end of Infinity War

Look, I am a big fan of MCU Thor, but even I recognize, that despite looking cool AF duel wielding with the cool hair and beard and armor... dude did absolutely nothing against Thanos other than get wrecked lol. Did he even land a single hit?
    Thor drove his axe into Thanos during Infinity War, being the only one to really hurt Thanos, executed the same Thanos later, was the only Avenger unscathed by Thanos' missile barrage and did better than Tony and Cap did on his own. He did disarm Thanos' sword, remember.

But Thanos was stronger and bigger (plus in better shape), so there are limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Just dropping this here. I guess he means psychological strength? Overcoming adversity?
    That's what I would assume. Thor certainly wasn't useless in Endgame, but he sat on his ass for five years drinking. Dude was not at the top of his game. But he walked out of the film with a new lease on life and a sense of excitement for the future that I don't think he had felt in a very long time....probably not since he was about to take the throne at the beginning of the first Thor movie. After overcoming his own depression and avenging the Snap, knowing that New Asgard is in capable hands with Val (why she's capable hands I don't know, but apparently she's the one who held the Asgardian refugees together during the time jump) and with new friends in the Guardians....yeah, I could see the argument that Thor is in a better, stronger place now.

Just not physically. I love fat Thor, he's a national treasure, and being fat is no barrier to him being a fully capable badass. But he's got a chunk of road left to go before he's at "Infinity War-Stormbreaker-Bring Me Thanos!" levels of brutal.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I would be interested to know what parts you think didn’t work for you?
    I guess I wouldn't really say I find any major faults but that I can sort of see where people are coming from on certain points. There are times where I disagree with a complaint but can understand the viewpoint. I'm trying to come up with examples but struggling because I try to focus almost exclusively on what I like about comics and just ignore and forget about the rest... One common complaint that I can understand is that Malekith wasn't explored enough. I'm of the opinion that he didn't need to be because he wasn't the point, he was almost a force of nature more than a full fledged character. But I can understand the complaint. The other example I can come up with is some didn't like the War Thor story for various reasons. I again basically disagree but can see the viewpoint that it slowed momentum and could have been left out or placed in a different place in the run, with some changes.

When I look at the story solely from my perspective and don't take any other opinions into account I have some things I would have liked to have seen but there isn't anything that really jumps out as not working for me. Those things are just matters of taste and preference and not critiques of the story.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    That's a problem I have with the MCU as a whole, dramatic tension is cut down with quips and jokes. It happens the most with Thor, and I know that's how Hemsworth likes it, but it can be grating at times.
    By dialing down the tension, the writers manage not to strain credibility, and keep the ability to raise tension later. The audience needs a break every now and then, or it just becomes melodrama (like Justice League or Walking Dead). I will admit that Thor's genre suffers the most under this policy, though

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Thor drove his axe into Thanos during Infinity War, being the only one to really hurt Thanos, executed the same Thanos later, was the only Avenger unscathed by Thanos' missile barrage and did better than Tony and Cap did on his own. He did disarm Thanos' sword, remember.

He definitely wasn't as effective solo as Cap with Mjolnir was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Just not physically. I love fat Thor, he's a national treasure, and being fat is no barrier to him being a fully capable badass. But he's got a chunk of road left to go before he's at "Infinity War-Stormbreaker-Bring Me Thanos!" levels of brutal.
    Fat Thor made me miss Volstagg .
    By dialing down the tension, the writers manage not to strain credibility, and keep the ability to raise tension later. The audience needs a break every now and then, or it just becomes melodrama (like Justice League or Walking Dead). I will admit that Thor's genre suffers the most under this policy, though
    I think levity has its place but sometimes it can be a little overdone and doesn't quite fit the property/material.

I think movies like Winter Solider, Civil War, or Black Panther strike the right balance.

Astonishing Member

I am curently reading the first stories of Thor in Journey into Mistery.
    And they are a great read.So many first apearences of awesome new characters and concepts from the Norse Mythology that were adaptated in those first stories of Thor by Marvel !!
    Tales of Asgard might be one of my favorite back up feature in a comic book.

I was talking about in End game only.

I actually don't remember him disarming Thano's sword lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He definitely wasn't as effective solo as Cap with Mjolnir was.

Fat Thor made me miss Volstagg .

I think levity has its place but sometimes it can be a little overdone and doesn't quite fit the property/material.

I think movies like Winter Solider, Civil War, or Black Panther strike the right balance.
    The part with Cap got me because he seemed to wield the hammer far more skillfully than the owner.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The part with Cap got me because he seemed to wield the hammer far more skillfully than the owner.
    That was a little jarring but he didn’t wield it as well as Thor looking at it correctly. He spun it too slow. Lightning wasn’t nearly as powerful. And he got decimated. Thor did better without mjolnir and remember, Thor wasn’t allowed to use his powers either; just his weapons. I mean he’s about to get axed and he couldn’t lightning bolt Thanos through Stormbreaker? Thanos was holding it! C’mon man!

Finally, the best use of Thor’s warrior ability is still the First Thor and the beginning of Ragnarok. Those showed classic Thor badassery!
    Last edited by THORPERION; 08-14-2019 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by THORPERION View Post
    That was a little jarring but he didn’t wield it as well as Thor looking at it correctly. He spun it too slow. Lightning wasn’t nearly as powerful. And he got decimated. Thor did better without mjolnir and remember, Thor wasn’t allowed to use his powers either; just his weapons. I mean he’s about to get axed and he couldn’t lightning bolt Thanos through Stormbreaker? Thanos was holding it! C’mon man!

Finally, the best use of Thor’s warrior ability is still the First Thor and the beginning of Ragnarok. Those showed classic Thor badassery!
    Yeah, that got me too. Just watched the movie last night for the first time since opening weekend, and I realized that the only time in the Thanos battle that Thor really cuts loose with the lightning is when he's powering up Iron Man for a big hit.

I mean, I can write that off as Thor lacking the concentration/constitution to summon the lightning while trying to keep Thanos from burying the axe in his chest.

But it definitely stood out on a second viewing.

I agree though, Cap wasn't as good with the hammer as he initially seemed. I mean, once you get past the shock of him using Mjolnir and actually look at the fight....he holds his own and gets some good hits in, don't get me wrong, but mostly he's just keeping Thanos off balance, nothing more.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, that got me too. Just watched the movie last night for the first time since opening weekend, and I realized that the only time in the Thanos battle that Thor really cuts loose with the lightning is when he's powering up Iron Man for a big hit.

I mean, I can write that off as Thor lacking the concentration/constitution to summon the lightning while trying to keep Thanos from burying the axe in his chest.

But it definitely stood out on a second viewing.

I agree though, Cap wasn't as good with the hammer as he initially seemed. I mean, once you get past the shock of him using Mjolnir and actually look at the fight....he holds his own and gets some good hits in, don't get me wrong, but mostly he's just keeping Thanos off balance, nothing more.
    Exactly! Awesome to see him use it though but I don’t follow with other people on here saying that he used it better than Thor ever did. That’s just so untrue!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I guess I wouldn't really say I find any major faults but that I can sort of see where people are coming from on certain points. There are times where I disagree with a complaint but can understand the viewpoint. I'm trying to come up with examples but struggling because I try to focus almost exclusively on what I like about comics and just ignore and forget about the rest... One common complaint that I can understand is that Malekith wasn't explored enough. I'm of the opinion that he didn't need to be because he wasn't the point, he was almost a force of nature more than a full fledged character. But I can understand the complaint. The other example I can come up with is some didn't like the War Thor story for various reasons. I again basically disagree but can see the viewpoint that it slowed momentum and could have been left out or placed in a different place in the run, with some changes.

When I look at the story solely from my perspective and don't take any other opinions into account I have some things I would have liked to have seen but there isn't anything that really jumps out as not working for me. Those things are just matters of taste and preference and not critiques of the story.
    That’s fair enough. I have always understood some of the complaints against, just not on a level that I ever had empathy with.

On the other hand I had no time whatsoever for complaints that sought to divide the fans. Being accused of not being a Thor fan because I enjoyed the story and defended it, is totally unacceptable in my book.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.