Page 82 of 103 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1535
  1. #1216
    Spectacular Member Wall-Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    That's the feeling I have when I enter here sometimes.
    I don't know why though, it's just the one dude always defending Aaron against a dozen who point out his flaws in the way he approaches Thor and all related characters, it actually makes me feel calm that the majority sees these flaws and eagerly awaits for a new writer to take over Thor.
    Last edited by Wall-Crawler; 05-15-2019 at 07:58 PM.

  2. #1217
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    I want to rip my eyes out.

    Attachment 82389
    Attachment 82391

    Get out of there Jane, the least experienced "warrior" leading actual seasoned warriors and excellent leaders, she really is Aaron's pet character, wish fulfilment smh.
    And what's up with Odin using an armor made by Stark in order to be useful ? He just keeps confirming it, Aaron is a freaking cancer to all things Asgard.
    Y'know, I can enjoy Jane as Thor divorced from my enjoyment of OG!Thor and as her own character...but this still seems a bit too much for me.

    Like, I know she was fighting the "War of the Realms" before anyone else is but I don't think that automatically necessitates her being in command and rallying all these heroes.

    But I also thought it was just a little unbelievable that she became so important and beloved in Asgard so fast...

    At this point becoming Valkyrie seems like a demotion .

  3. #1218
    Mighty Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    I want to rip my eyes out.

    Attachment 82389
    Attachment 82391

    Get out of there Jane, the least experienced "warrior" leading actual seasoned warriors and excellent leaders, she really is Aaron's pet character, wish fulfilment smh.
    And what's up with Odin using an armor made by Stark in order to be useful ? He just keeps confirming it, Aaron is a freaking cancer to all things Asgard.
    /puke

    Why did you have post this man???

    I don't want to have nightmares.

  4. #1219
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I know you have your tongue in your cheek, but you presumably realise that Freyja wasn’t saying he couldn’t satisfy her before? It was a comment about it being a novelty that she was aroused by his words. In other words he doesn’t usually say romantic things. Like many of these things it was deliberately humorous so we are not supposed to take it too literally.

    It is certainly true that seeing them clumsily flirt is a little cringeworthy. But it’s a bit like when ones parents flirt.
    yep. my comments were made entirely in jest though it was cringe worthy as you yourself admit.

  5. #1220
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I really didn't care for the dialogue and characterization of the Odin/Freyja thing (I'm not even going to touch on Odin's situation), it just felt too over-the-top and reeked of Aaron's issues with writing Asgardian dialogue and I'm not really invested at all in their relationship at this point.
    yes it did add a farcical touch to all the proceedings which makes it difficult to believe that this is their final moment together.

  6. #1221
    Extraordinary Member JKtheMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bedford UK
    Posts
    8,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    yes it did add a farcical touch to all the proceedings which makes it difficult to believe that this is their final moment together.
    It is more likely that from this point they are separated and headed to different realms.

  7. #1222
    The Great Bull Del torro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    What happened to those cool Asgardian Space Armor that all the asgardians had In JMS mighty Thor run.
    They all wore it to fight Galactus in space and it gave them fight (I remember Sif flying from Earth to Mars in minutes).
    Those would be cool to see again.

  8. #1223
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    9,448

    Talking Happy Thor's Day!

    Thor Annual #7
    The Eternals Saga: Part 1 of 20 - The Eternals guest star in "And Ever--the Eternals!"
    As Odin sends Hermod to Hel to see if there's anything to be done to save Balder, Thor begins wandering.
    He eventually finds himself in front of Mimir. Mimir tells Thor of a time in the past, that has been blocked from his memory.

    Thor left Asgard for Midgard, and during his travels, met the Eternals and learned of the Deviants and Mutates.

    Thor also learned about the Celestials, but the Eternal Valkin blocked his memories until now.

    NOTE: Story continues in Thor #283.

    Script by Roy Thomas, pencils by Walter Simonson, inks by Ernie Chan.
    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

  9. #1224
    Extraordinary Member JKtheMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bedford UK
    Posts
    8,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    What happened to those cool Asgardian Space Armor that all the asgardians had In JMS mighty Thor run.
    They all wore it to fight Galactus in space and it gave them fight (I remember Sif flying from Earth to Mars in minutes).
    Those would be cool to see again.
    Well first Asgard was destroyed and then Asgardia was destroyed. So I am guessing it got destroyed?

    Hence the overworked Dwarves and Stark helping out again.

  10. #1225
    Incredible Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    I want to rip my eyes out.

    Attachment 82389
    Attachment 82391

    Get out of there Jane, the least experienced "warrior" leading actual seasoned warriors and excellent leaders, she really is Aaron's pet character, wish fulfilment smh.
    And what's up with Odin using an armor made by Stark in order to be useful ? He just keeps confirming it, Aaron is a freaking cancer to all things Asgard.
    LOL, I would have loved to seen Sif or Angela say, " Get out of here Jane!" I love JaneThor, but yeah this was a bit much too and I think this is why Thor busts in like a damn OG and says only one person can lead the charge and his NAME is Thor.

    I think this was a direct callback to Jane taking his name, and you can see the trajectory of Thor's character he is starting to feel worthy again. First step claim his Bor-Damned name again, second step tame the Storm within Mjolnir, third kill Malakith.

  11. #1226
    Mighty Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    so did Iron Cancer Odin die???

  12. #1227
    Extraordinary Member JKtheMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bedford UK
    Posts
    8,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    LOL, I would have loved to seen Sif or Angela say, " Get out of here Jane!" I love JaneThor, but yeah this was a bit much too and I think this is why Thor busts in like a damn OG and says only one person can lead the charge and his NAME is Thor.

    I think this was a direct callback to Jane taking his name, and you can see the trajectory of Thor's character he is starting to feel worthy again. First step claim his Bor-Damned name again, second step tame the Storm within Mjolnir, third kill Malakith.
    We have a heavy hint that Old King Thor will turn up for the climax so my guess, that future Mjölnir got swapped last time and out Thor’s Mjölnir will end up back in his possession is still possible.

  13. #1228
    Incredible Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    We have a heavy hint that Old King Thor will turn up for the climax so my guess, that future Mjölnir got swapped last time and out Thor’s Mjölnir will end up back in his possession is still possible.
    Also, time travel shenanigans. I always forget that in the God Butcher storyline, there's friggin' time travel.

  14. #1229
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    so did Iron Cancer Odin die???
    nothing is for certain but yes pretty sure he and freyja died

  15. #1230
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Hi,
    I'm slowly making my way through Thor, but a couple questions:
    1. What were the circumstances/event/storyline that led to Asgard being in Broxton?
    2. Same question for Asgard being rebuilt by Tony.
    3. Loki dying and coming back as a child.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •