Page 49 of 216 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Speaking of Odin, do you think it's too late for him to take dance lessons????

Attachment 81073

WoW just... WoW

you should have seen Jane killing Angels in the preview for chapter 2.

Last edited by GodThor; 04-11-2019 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post

WoW just... WoW

you should have seen Jane killing Angels in the preview for chapter 2.
    stupid angels are no match for The Mighty Jane
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

stupid angels are no match for The Mighty Jane
    Aaronforce is too strong.

btw, chapter #14 will be about Thor's past.

no doubt it will include Odin bullying him physically.
    Last edited by GodThor; 04-11-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You're absolutely right.

But that said, while characters are not fan products, neither are they writer products. They work for Marvel and are charged with shepherding them for a time. Writers should keep an eye towards building up the mythos and making it stronger.

In that regard, myself and others, feel as if Aaron is doing the opposite. Just sayin'
    But as you point out Marvel clearly don’t think this. Being comic professionals they know full well how adept he is at comic book writing and how widely respected he is within the industry and with a huge fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    But as you point out Marvel clearly don’t think this. Being comic professionals they know full well how adept he is at comic book writing and how widely respected he is within the industry and with a huge fanbase.
    But really who cares what they think, I'm an individual with individual tastes, If I don't enjoy a writer I'm not gonna change my mind just because some editor at marvel deluded himself into thinking he is the greatest thing since the invention of sliced bread.

Being a "professional" doesnt meant you cant be wrong, ultimately is not even about being right or wrong, it's about finding the comics entertaining or not......it wouldnt be the first time marvel has put out subpar work and it wont be the last
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-11-2019 at 09:59 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I mean, I think it's old hat at this point that Nine Realms people are probably going to fall pretty easily to normal super-powered folk in an event like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    also, I don't fail to notice that they completely ignore Sifs teleport power.
    Sif gets ignored in general.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Speaking of Odin, do you think it's too late for him to take dance lessons????

Attachment 81073
    Where is this panel from?

I'm an individual with individual tastes,
    I wasn’t responding to your point, so I am not sure how you think I am trying to stop you expressing anything. However, as I often point out this is an appreciation thread.

Calling one of the most popular and critically acclimated works of this era subpar is clearly an appeal to some nonspecific sense of quality that is not shared by many people. This is the part of your argument that inevitably provokes argument.

The logic seems to be ‘I don’t like this’, ‘others express a distaste’, ‘they are also fans of this property’, therefore ‘fans of this property don’t like this’.

The only real conclusion you can reach is ‘others share my perspective’, not a specific category of others, just ‘others like myself’.

You can only say in your opinion the work is subpar based upon your own personal scale. But the problem there is the word par implies a more objective measurement. The winner of the Masters this weekend won’t be the person that plays most highly above their own personal measure of success, they will be the person that gets the lowest score.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-12-2019 at 12:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

I wasn’t responding to your point, so I am not sure how you think I am trying to stop you expressing anything. However, as I often point out this is an appreciation thread.

Calling one of the most popular and critically acclimated works of this era subpar is clearly an appeal to some nonspecific sense of quality that is not shared by many people. This is the part of your argument that inevitably provokes argument.

The logic seems to be ‘I don’t like this’, ‘others express a distaste’, ‘they are also fans of this property’, therefore ‘fans of this property don’t like this’.

The only real conclusion you can reach is ‘others share my perspective’, not a specific category of others, just ‘others like myself’.
    The only thing we can know for sure is how we ourselves feel about it

The rest is conjecture, open to interpretation, or even deception

But ultimately, how we ourselves feel is all that really matters from entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    The only thing we can know for sure is how we ourselves feel about it

The rest is conjecture, open to interpretation, or even deception

But ultimately, how we ourselves feel is all that really matters from entertainment
    Clearly. And so that’s how we should express it. Either our taste or distaste. Making claims that a writer is good or bad, when they are a professional writer employed for their writing skill, should be expressed personally not generally. There is no appeal to authority here, apart from the editorial team. Railing against that is not going to get anyone anywhere.

Astonishing Member

Clearly. And so that’s how we should express it. Either our taste or distaste. Making claims that a writer is good or bad, when they are a professional writer employed for their writing skill, should be expressed personally not generally. There is no appeal to authority here, apart from the editorial team. Railing against that is not going to get anyone anywhere.
    I've made no secret of my huge dislike of how Aaron's handles Thor and his mythos

Just as I have also said he is handling it very skillfully in parts, just not how I like

And clearly some like it, or its sales would be poorer

Of course the numbers don't account for those who buy a comic out of fan loyalty even if they don't like it, but we can never know the proportion of that

But that was really my point, we can only ever really know ourselves in this

I for one am looking forward to him moving on to another book, others of course will not be

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Of course the numbers don't account for those who buy a comic out of fan loyalty even if they don't like it, but we can never know the proportion of that
    I am pretty sure that figure is quite small in the broader scheme of things, because of the way both Marvel and DC run their businesses. You can see it in their choices. But always remember those long term collectors that are loyal may also approve of the product, (I am proof of that) and that older fans like myself and others here, are actually a minority even in the direct market. Many of those loyal collectors started doing so relatively recently. We can only define loyalty as a customer with a habit or a pull list, we can’t work out their preferences aside from what they buy.

Buying something one doesn’t approve of is not a very good idea. I was a loyal Star Wars fan. But I stopped going to see the movies when I no longer enjoyed them because I am not a masochist.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-12-2019 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    it's a comic called How can Odin learn how to fight.
    Last edited by GodThor; 04-19-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This week’s Asgardians of the Galaxy. That is Ren Kimura, and that’s her power., using dance as a weapon. (Kind of a ribbon version of Wolverine, but an Inhuman not a mutant) She is the girlfriend of Annabelle Riggs and a character from Fearless Defenders.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-12-2019 at 02:40 AM.