Page 198 of 216 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3234

BANNED

Since when did Carol get the ability to teleport things away with her blasts?

I assume that's what she has done here since Kelly keeps saying the hammer is no longer there to summon.

Pulling abilities out of ones ass has always been a pet peeve of mine, even more so when it's done in the middle of a fight to score a victory over the other person.

I am a Hulk fan, now imagine if Hulk out nowhere started shooting gamma energy out of his hands which helped him to defeat Juggernaut or something, it's so stupid...

All-New Member

I haven't read Thor since 2015.
    I knew he lost his arm and through social media he lost his eye but the lastes covers show him young and with his full body.
    How did he get back his missing parts?

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    It feels very seventies to me

I really don't like the head gear or sash effect, nor the spikes, the actual Thor look, hair etc is good and I like the darker blue and red accent on the boots
    It feels too nineties for me.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Since when did Carol get the ability to teleport things away with her blasts?

I assume that's what she has done here since Kelly keeps saying the hammer is no longer there to summon.

Pulling abilities out of ones ass has always been a pet peeve of mine, even more so when it's done in the middle of a fight to score a victory over the other person.

I am a Hulk fan, now imagine if Hulk out nowhere started shooting gamma energy out of his hands which helped him to defeat Juggernaut or something, it's so stupid...
    I wouldn't be surprised if Greg Pak did that.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Greg Pak did that.
    You'd think he would considering how much he liked the Hulk and how highly he rated him, but surprisingly even he never did such a thing.

Although he did give Hulk worldbreaker mode which essentially did the same thing, but at least there was a lot of build up to that and it made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Depends on where you draw the line. The Definition of 'Jerk' changes from persons to person. I always enjoyed Big Talk Thor.... but If I'm honest... I've known actual people who never talk about anything except how awesome they are.... and I consider them jerks.

So hopefully when whoever it is said he was always 'a jerk', their line is more towards THAT... and not drunken loser Thor. If that ego is all they're talking about... I can roll with it.
    Braggadocio isn't necessarily an inherently negative trait, especially in battle. It would be natural for a being that powerful (and old!) who has witnessed and experienced things that a normal person wouldn't comprehend to possess a high level of confidence. Self-confidence and humility aren't mutually exclusive traits.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Braggadocio isn't necessarily an inherently negative trait, especially in battle. It would be natural for a being that powerful (and old!) who has witnessed and experienced things that a normal person wouldn't comprehend to possess a high level of confidence. Self-confidence and humility aren't mutually exclusive traits.
    I miss Thor's Shakesperian trash talking to the villains.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I miss Thor's Shakesperian trash talking to the villains.
    Me too, CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree. We definitely need more literary reading these days.

Ultimate Member

I'm actually really enjoying the current Captain Marvel book but Carol making mjolnir "disappear" seems a bit silly.

That's like Thor suddenly hitting Juggernaut's helmet off and using telepathy against him. It's inconsistent.

Although Thompson did say the story isn't over and I want to give her the benefit of the doubt because her work has been pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm actually really enjoying the current Captain Marvel book but Carol making mjolnir "disappear" seems a bit silly.

That's like Thor suddenly hitting Juggernaut's helmet off and using telepathy against him. It's inconsistent.

Although Thompson did say the story isn't over and I want to give her the benefit of the doubt because her work has been pretty good.
    I think the best way to make this look is it was all orchestrated somehow and the fights weren't "real."

Amazing Member

Thompson in her latest tweet hints that Carol isnt at her normal levels of power at this point.

https://mobile.twitter.com/79SemiFin...86459128299522

BANNED

Perhaps a Thor series in 2020 will be a much better read?

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Journey into Mystery #111 Dec 1964
    Loki, the Cobra and Mr. Hyde are still up to no good in "The Power of the Thunder God!"
    Thor battles the Cobra and Mr. Hyde while Jane Foster hovers close to death;

Odin's heart begins to soften towards Jane, thanks to the intervention of Balder;
    Odin, in his infinite wisdom, commands Loki to deliver a message to Hardol, the mystic healer, who lives beyond the molten chasm;
    Loki has no choice but to obey but is waylaid by Balder and some other gods who, for some reason, distrust him.
    Balder delivers the message himself while Thor defeats the Cobra and Hyde.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Chic Stone
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 12-05-2019 at 12:49 PM.

BANNED

Tales of Asgard back-up:
    "The Secret of Sigurd!"

When out walking with Balder and Loki, Thor is challenged to a duel by Sigurd;

They fight and Thor knocks Sigurd to the ground repeatedly;
    However, each time Sigurd gets up he is stronger than ever.

Balder remembers the key to Sigurd's increasing strength; He is a son of the Earth Sprites
    so his strength comes from the very ground itself; Thor hooks his hammer under Sigurd's belt

and flings him skywards where he will be stranded on a deserted asteroid.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Vince Colletta