Page 206 of 216 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3234
    BANNED

Anyway, I haven't read King Thor #3 and #4, I'll be reading it this weekend and will come back, I'm sure it will be great, if anything, Aaron showed he does a pretty damn good Old King Thor and epic cosmic battles.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Hey, remember when Thor teamed up with Thanos and Genis-Vell?

And remember the epic quote of Thor in that story?

''All the power of the storm, from all the world, flows through my veins, and can be summoned by mine hammer at any time, wherever it is. A lightning storm in Japan? Mine. A hurricane off the coast of Barbados? Mine again. A brace of tornadoes in Kansas? Aye...mine. All that might, all that destructive force, mine to command. Channeled and guided through the mystic might of this hammer, guided right at thee!''
    Thor/Thanos/Genis-Vell - one of my all-time favorite triple team-ups. PAD & Starlin made a great creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Clark also said Thor was one of the thoughest opponents he ever fought.

PS: Supes met Hulk in one of the old Superman/Spider-Man crossovers.
    Agreed. Also, don't forget this crossover from 1999:

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-20-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Jason Aaron's Avengers must be the worst and most cringeworthy Avengers book I've ever read.
    I actually had to put issue 28 down after the apple pie scene, it just came across as very poorly written and crass, I couldn't read the issu in more than a couple of page chunks, it was genuinely difficult

It really felt like the worst characterisation of Thor, cap, and the three heralds I've ever really read

It on its own might be the worst scripting in any book I've read this year

Almost painful

I felt

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    An ok/good ending from a mediocre run, at best. Aaron can't write thor (and most of marvel characters, really!)
    Others will disagree

But I agree entirely with this

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I actually had to put issue 28 down after the apple pie scene, it just came across as very poorly written and crass, I couldn't read the issu in more than a couple of page chunks, it was genuinely difficult

It really felt like the worst characterisation of Thor, cap, and the three heralds I've ever really read

It on its own might be the worst scripting in any book I've read this year

Almost painful

I felt
    Cap lifting Mjolnir has always been treated as a massive and important thing with previous build-up to it, in here, it was treated as joke, and a very bad one at that, besides, after 7 years on the title Aaron still doesn't seem to understand that either you're worthy or you're not, there is no middle ground where you can lift Mjolnir just a little or struggle picking it up, you either can or can't.

Cap has lifted Mjolnir 4 times now, right ? Back when he was Nomad, during Fear Itself, then on Secret Empire when Kobik brought him back, and now on Avengers #28........all of the times Steve lifted the hammer were epic, thanks for ruining that Aaron.

All-New Member

Cap lifting Mjolnir has always been treated as a massive and important thing with previous build-up to it, in here, it was treated as joke, and a very bad one at that, besides, after 7 years on the title Aaron still doesn't seem to understand that either you're worthy or you're not, there is no middle ground where you can lift Mjolnir just a little or struggle picking it up, you either can or can't.

Cap has lifted Mjolnir 4 times now, right ? Back when he was Nomad, during Fear Itself, then on Secret Empire when Kobik brought him back, and now on Avengers #28........all of the times Steve lifted the hammer were epic, thanks for ruining that Aaron.
    The bolded is not strictly true. There's a few old stories (as in Lee old), where Thor is a child and not yet worthy, where he's shown to be capable of lifting it, just not all the way. Of course those stories have Odin telling Thor how proud he is of his quests and encouraging him to be a hero and prove himself worthy, so I doubt Aaron ever read them.

Anyway, I haven't read King Thor #3 and #4, I'll be reading it this weekend and will come back, I'm sure it will be great, if anything, Aaron showed he does a pretty damn good Old King Thor and epic cosmic battles.
    For anyone who has actually read his run or more to the point actually has invested in it (ie paid to read it) it pays off well. Especially #3 for me.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by underfist View Post
    The bolded is not strictly true. There's a few old stories (as in Lee old), where Thor is a child and not yet worthy, where he's shown to be capable of lifting it, just not all the way. Of course those stories have Odin telling Thor how proud he is of his quests and encouraging him to be a hero and prove himself worthy, so I doubt Aaron ever read them.
    He probably recognised that they have a dubious canonical pedigree, being as they are in the Tales Of Asgard back stories and unofficially declared outside of canon by Marvel editors in the past. Also Aaron often mentioned in interviews that he read the Lee/Kirby material and indeed made subtle references to these very stories, effectively increasing their canonical status rather than shunning or ignoring them. So you couldn’t actually be more wrong in your declaration. You may not agree with his use of canon but that’s not the same as him ignoring them.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by underfist View Post
    Hmm, I honestly do not remember, fair point.

Everything else still stands though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    For anyone who has actually read his run or more to the point actually has invested in it (ie paid to read it) it pays off well. Especially #3 for me.
    I don't know if that passive agressive comment was directed at me, but I bought and own all the issues of GOT (stopped buying afterwards) and have read every single issue in Aaron's run.

Astonishing Member

I don't know if that passive agressive comment was directed at me, but I bought and own all the issues of GOT (stopped buying afterwards) and have read every single issue in Aaron's run.
    Money shouldn't dictate a person's right to an opinion

A person's value is not dictated by their wealth

If you've read it, youve read it and can have an opinion like anyone else

And no one's opinion is more correct

Clearly I wasn’t because I was responding to someone else. But I was indeed commenting also on the large number of people who complain about things they are proud not to have purchased on these boards, and you seem to be self identifying so maybe I was indirectly.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 12-21-2019 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Money shouldn't dictate a person's right to an opinion

A person's value is not dictated by their wealth

If you've read it, youve read it and can have an opinion like anyone else

And no one's opinion is more correct
    One is more valid, precisely because they are in the market for it. Investment in a product suggests that they have a literal vested interest. If someone has already decided that it isn’t worth their money years previously then it is hardly surprising that they may be nonplussed by the ending. Their critique is not really adding to anything because they have already decided it isn’t worth anything.

If one is not giving it money one is probably far less likely to give it the required attention to actually get the full value from it. Why invest time and effort in an already dismissed and discounted product?

There is a lot going on in King Thor. The ending of a multilayered and multifaceted story that has been running for years. Those of us that have invested the time and indeed money in that seem pleased. We are the only market that Marvel care about.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 12-21-2019 at 05:37 AM.

Yeah, be so glad when Aaron is done with Thor.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

I'm ready for Cates' Thor even if from interviews I'm already concerned about his perspective on the character (he's an "young" God, he's a tool, etc.).