Page 125 of 216 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3234
    Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Yep. That’s my entire thesis here. Stop trying to assert things as objectively bad. Especially when it amounts to nothing. Marvel are not listening, the fans that like it just get insulted, and the writer is being actively insulted for being a professional and doing the job they were paid for, within the limits they have been set.
    Are you a mod? No? Stop trying to order posters around. I'll continue to assert that **** like this:

Is terrible writing because it is. And I don't care that Marvel isn't listening or it hurts Aaron's feelings, if I think something is bad I'm going to call it bad.

Should people have not criticized Ed Wood for his ineptly made films because gosh darn it, he tried? Should people have refused to say Michael Bay's Transformers were awful because he was just a professional hired by Paramount and Spielberg to do the films? Can the Clone Saga and it's creators be called bad or is that not allowed because they were professionals hired to do a job? Why does Aaron deserve different treatment? Besides the fact that you personally like his work?

Absolutely not. Jane Foster WAS Thor for a while, and as such there are plenty of times it is appropriate to talk about her here. Nobody here is particularly interested in proving she was the “best Thor” anyway. But, contextually we can’t ignore her in a thread about Thor. Especially when the reason we bring her up is to defend the writer from accusations of bias or ‘preaching atheism’.
    This isn't your thread. Stop telling people whats allowed or not. The only discussion about Jane that is appropriate to this thread is that which relates to Thor Odinson. Any other discussion about Jane? Take it to her thread.

Extraordinary Member

Well that is plainly an insult so generally no. Most people would consider that not acceptable to their face.

Nobody said this here.

Absolutely not. Jane Foster WAS Thor for a while, and as such there are plenty of times it is appropriate to talk about her here. Nobody here is particularly interested in proving she was the “best Thor” anyway. But, contextually we can’t ignore her in a thread about Thor. Especially when the reason we bring her up is to defend the writer from accusations of bias or ‘preaching atheism’.
    It’s a Thor thread for the Son of Odin.

Not Jane, not Eric Masterson, and not anyone else who happened to have borrowed the name before returning it to its actual owner.

And your right. Jane is the best Jane. Thor is Thor, all others others are worthy substitutes.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I mean, the thread title is literally "Thor Odinson," it doesn't get more specific then that .

Although I don't see the harm in mentioning other Thors if it's in relation to the OG!Thor. Personally I just don't think the dynamic with JaneThor was a positive one.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I wish the art was better for this issue, I would have loved to see McGuinness' expressive faces during the hot tub scene; especially with Rogers' 1940's sensibilities

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    It’s a Thor thread for the Son of Odin.

Not Jane, not Eric Masterson, and not anyone else who happened to have borrowed the name before returning it to its actual owner.

And your right. Jane is the best Jane. Thor is Thor, all others others are worthy substitutes.
    Considering the amount of time that has gone into slamming a creator and not Thor Odinson, I'm not seeing the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Are you a mod? No? Stop trying to order posters around. I'll continue to assert that **** like this:

Is terrible writing because it is. And I don't care that Marvel isn't listening or it hurts Aaron's feelings, if I think something is bad I'm going to call it bad.

Should people have not criticized Ed Wood for his ineptly made films because gosh darn it, he tried? Should people have refused to say Michael Bay's Transformers were awful because he was just a professional hired by Paramount and Spielberg to do the films? Can the Clone Saga and it's creators be called bad or is that not allowed because they were professionals hired to do a job? Why does Aaron deserve different treatment? Besides the fact that you personally like his work?
    LMAO wtf is this!?

can Aaron just leave yet???

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    LMAO wtf is this!?

Yeah. I am not a fan of “Thor-ge Castanza”.

C0929F49-4A79-46B9-B641-AFAF5970ED1F.jpg
    Last edited by brettc1; 07-11-2019 at 07:23 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Yeah. I am not a fan of “Thor-ge Castanza”.

C0929F49-4A79-46B9-B641-AFAF5970ED1F.jpg
    Great reference! If Thor is Castanza would Jane be Jerry and would Odin be Newman?

LMAO wtf is this!?

Thor feels like such a joke in the Avengers book that it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Thor needs a therapist to deal with these crippling insecurity issues he has, or a better writer, whichever comes first.

Maybe more hammers?

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Thor #225 Jul 1974
    First appearance of Firelord in "The Coming of the Firelord!"
    Thor commands Mjolnir to return to him, and so it must;
    Hercules returns with the body of Holmes,

and in drawing close, the spirit returns to his body;
    While Thor changes back to Blake to check on Krista, Firelord arrives on Earth, and at the selfsame hospital;

Hercules and Firelord begin to battle, and Blake's cane is knocked out a window; Blake races to the ground

and changes to Thor, and then he stops the battle, realizing who Firelord is - herald to Galactus;
    Firelord then summons Galactus, and Galactus plans to feast this day.

Script by Gerry Conway, pencils by John Buscema, inks by Joe Sinnott

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Too true, main reason I dropped it

LMAO wtf is this!?

WTF indeed, lol
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Well, I'd be lying if I said these pages aren't great and heart-warming to see.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wall-Crawler; 07-11-2019 at 08:50 PM.