Page 139 of 216 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 3234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In the defense of writers in general, it's hard to write powerful characters who aren't physically powerful.

As Kurt Buseik once said, you can throw an army at Thor and keep him busy. But throw an army at Sersi, and she can turn them into pigs. Spectrum can steam roll them at the speed of light, etc.

To be clear, Marvel has many a powerful women. And power doesn't make an character, male or female, automatically worthwhile.

But what Marvel still does not have, and needs, is powerful women who are powerful in the way that Thor, Hulk, Wonder Man, etc, and who are not simply female spin offs of male characters. America Chavez is the only damn example I can think of!
    That’s a good point. But, at least to me, WW is in the same boat. Wet cardboard is more interesting. I think DC lucked out being the first to have a woman hero because that’s her only claim to fame. I don’t like any of her stories but I also detest all of DC so that may be why as well. Glad you used Sersi in your example btw! One of my top 3 gals!

Astonishing Member

In the defense of writers in general, it's hard to write powerful characters who aren't physically powerful.

As Kurt Buseik once said, you can throw an army at Thor and keep him busy. But throw an army at Sersi, and she can turn them into pigs. Spectrum can steam roll them at the speed of light, etc.

To be clear, Marvel has many a powerful women. And power doesn't make an character, male or female, automatically worthwhile.

But what Marvel still does not have, and needs, is powerful women who are powerful in the way that Thor, Hulk, Wonder Man, etc, and who are not simply female spin offs of male characters. America Chavez is the only damn example I can think of!
    I have often thought they should work more on thundra for this very reason

They dropped the ball with America, she had a lot of potential, but her solo was god-awful, they gave out the first issue for free just for publicity. Now all she's got is Marvel Rising.

BANNED

Take a look at this, go to the 28:00 minute mark, it's pertinent to the discussion in this forum and nails the criticisms on Aaron's work and Aaron himself.

Last edited by Wall-Crawler; 07-27-2019 at 08:52 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Take a look at this, go to the 28:00 minute mark, it's pertinent to the discussion in this forum and nails the criticisms on Aaron's work and Aaron himself.

Thanks for sharing this EPIC AND TRUTHFUL VIDEO!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by THORPERION View Post
    Thanks for sharing this EPIC AND TRUTHFUL VIDEO!
    The video is excellent, I really encourage everyone to give it a look.

Can we all just shift into talking about something positive?

How about Thor in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3?

He's got two arms, two eyes, Mjolnir, is voiced by Rick Wasserman, and feels perfectly true to the character, with some cool lines and moments in the game.

Isn't that nice ?

BANNED

That’s nice I guess. Don’t really play video games so it’s not too great for me. Quite frankly I wished EMH were still on. What a GREAT series!!! An accurate canon Thor. Unlike “Avengers Assemble”....yuck!

That’s nice I guess. Don’t really play video games so it’s not too great for me. Quite frankly I wished EMH were still on. What a GREAT series!!! An accurate canon Thor. Unlike “Avengers Assemble”....yuck!
    You could tell the crew of EMH had a big love of the Thor mythos, especially the Simonson run.

Assemble just felt like discount movie Thor.

That being said, I did like how that show ended up adapting the iconic "For Asgard, For Midgard, For Myself" line.

BANNED

Yeah! They loved and respected Thor. All the characters. Never watched Assembled really after the first episode. Terrible animation. Horrible dialogue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You could tell the crew of EMH had a big love of the Thor mythos, especially the Simonson run.

Assemble just felt like discount movie Thor.

That being said, I did like how that show ended up adapting the iconic "For Asgard, For Midgard, For Myself" line.
    They did ? Wow, which episode ?

Season one of EMH was amazing. It was everything I ever wanted in an Avengers series... and actually made me like Wasp. Season two dropped off hard though. Everyone got their classic costumes updated to what I hated in the 'new' comics... and they focused WAY too much on Secret invasion. Avengers Assembled was for a little younger audience, but I still enjoyed it. At least to start with. It also dropped off bad as it went on... but I'd take Season one of AA over season 2 of EMH any day. Granted I also feel that way aobut Young Justice. First season was Amazing... and second.. not so much. but the seasons one of these shows are where the nostalgia comes from.

Heck... that opening theme song for EMH was better than 90% of the cartoons today.... which they also cut out in season 2....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Season one of EMH was amazing. It was everything I ever wanted in an Avengers series... and actually made me like Wasp. Season two dropped off hard though. Everyone got their classic costumes updated to what I hated in the 'new' comics... and they focused WAY too much on Secret invasion. Avengers Assembled was for a little younger audience, but I still enjoyed it. At least to start with. It also dropped off bad as it went on... but I'd take Season one of AA over season 2 of EMH any day. Granted I also feel that way aobut Young Justice. First season was Amazing... and second.. not so much. but the seasons one of these shows are where the nostalgia comes from.

Heck... that opening theme song for EMH was better than 90% of the cartoons today.... which they also cut out in season 2....
    I disagree, both seasons of EMH are absolute gold.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Season one of EMH was amazing.....
    Indeed, EMH was by far the best Avengers animated series or animated series involving Avengers members, IMO. Every character was given a chance to shine and as a result, each seemed equally important. It was a joy to watch. A true tour de force of ensemble cast storytelling.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

They did ? Wow, which episode ?
    "All Things Must End."
    I disagree, both seasons of EMH are absolute gold.
    Agreed. I thought they did a great job adapting Secret Invasion, and it worked better for me then the comic did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Indeed, EMH was by far the best Avengers animated series or animated series involving Avengers members, IMO. Every character was given a chance to shine and as a result, each seemed equally important. It was a joy to watch. A true tour de force of ensemble cast storytelling.
    EMH was really the last, really great on all fronts, Marvel cartoon.