Page 144 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3234
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno. She finally gets her own solo film, she doesn't seem to have a lot major projects coming up, I think she's open to potentially more with the character.

I wasn't crazy about how they killed her off anyways.
    She's played the same character for how long now? She's got money, a family and career elsewhere.

Honestly, I thought her send off was the best way to end her character. Utterly heart breaking, but full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    She's played the same character for how long now? She's got money, a family and career elsewhere.
    I mean, the same could be said for Hemsworth and he felt energized with a new approach in a solo movie. I think it all depends.
    Honestly, I thought her send off was the best way to end her character. Utterly heart breaking, but full circle.
    I could see how it worked for her overall character arc but it still left me kind "eh." Especially the scene afterwards where all the other original Avengers, all dudes, then mourn her.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!!!

Thor #167 Aug 1969
    "This World Renounced!"
    Thor accepts his punishment at the hands of Odin following his descent into Warrior Madness;

As penance, Thor is forbidden from defending Midgard!; What will happen to Earth without a god to defend it?;

Enter Balder the Brave, the new protector of mortals!; But before Balder can say "Yggdrasil",

he must fend off the combined evil of Loki and Karnilla!

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Vince Colletta

BANNED

What worries me the most about Love and Thunder is that maybe they are thinking of using Jane from now on as Thor on Earth while Thor is off-world or something, and we'll see her as Thor in the New Avengers movies or some sh*t like that.

Please don't do that.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    What worries me the most about Love and Thunder is that maybe they are thinking of using Jane from now on as Thor on Earth while Thor is off-world or something, and we'll see her as Thor in the New Avengers movies or some sh*t like that.

Please don't do that.

I just don't think Natalie Portman will stay in it for the long haul. I'm sure they threw an enormous amount of cash at her to do this one but I don't get the feeling her goal is to be Jane Foster forever. More likely, she wants to get that big $ haul, raise her kids in comfort and take movies that appeal to her sense of art.

If they do use the cancer storyline, it is much more likely she does heroically to save the day than it is for her to become the new "earth thor"

If comics weren't never ending, Jane's story would have been over with her dying of cancer to save the day.

but, comics must go on, so Jane must go on. No matter if it fits the naturally conclusion of her story arc

but anyway... win win either way... Earth Thor Odinson wsa the worst thor odinson anyway. MCU Thor was always better in space
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If they do use the cancer storyline, it is much more likely she does heroically to save the day than it is for her to become the new "earth thor"

If comics weren't never ending, Jane's story would have been over with her dying of cancer to save the day.

but, comics must go on, so Jane must go on. No matter if it fits the naturally conclusion of her story arc

but anyway... win win either way... Earth Thor Odinson wsa the worst thor odinson anyway. MCU Thor was always better in space
    I'm of two minds on whether they'll keep the cancer aspect. I mean, it's a major element of Jane's Thor run but it might conflict with the kind of tone and style the MCU is known for, and Waititi. And it's not really something you can market about your Superhero as a brand identity.

Earth Thor has his place as much as space Thor in my opinion. But I'd really like to see Nine Realms Thor.

Two questions: after Thor 16 we go to King Thor correct?
    After King Thor is when a new writer takes over?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm of two minds on whether they'll keep the cancer aspect. I mean, it's a major element of Jane's Thor run but it might conflict with the kind of tone and style the MCU is known for, and Waititi. And it's not really something you can market about your Superhero as a brand identity.
    Yeah, I dunno how they'll play that out.

I agree it's outside the norm for the MCU, but they've done more serious films in the past (all the Russo films for starters) so I wouldn't rule the cancer subplot out entirely. I think it'll come down to how the Studio wants to use JaneThor. If they're looking at her as a replacement for Hemsworth they might ignore or downplay or cure the cancer.....but if they're looking for a character arc that doesn't have to last for 7-10 years and a half dozen movie appearances they might run with it.

And Waititi *did* do some pretty heavy stuff in Ragnarok. He turned everything into a joke but he still blew up Asgard and killed the entire supporting cast as well as Mjlonir. So I could definitely see Love & Thunder using the cancer subplot....but killing all the emotional resonance of it with too many jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    After Thor 16 we get the King Thor mini (Aaron and Ribic), yes. After that.....I don't think they've announced anything? I expect a new ongoing with a new #1 on the cover but I don't think they've said anything either way yet?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

When King Thor is over, will Aaron have done exactly 100 issues? (War of Realms included)

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    When King Thor is over, will Aaron have done exactly 100 issues? (War of Realms included)
    Whoa, only a 100 issues? I thought it was much more than that. Is Original Sin, Thors, and all the rest also counted?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Whoa, only a 100 issues? I thought it was much more than that. Is Original Sin, Thors, and all the rest also counted?
    God of Thunder 1-25 (25)
    Thor 1-8 (33)
    Thors 1-4 (37)
    The Mighty Thor 1-23 (60)
    Unworthy Thor 1-5 (65)
    Mighty Thor & Unworthy Thor Legacy (66)
    Mighty Thor 700-706 + Gates of Valhalla (74)
    Thor 1-16 (90)
    War of the Realms 1-6 (96)
    King Thor 1-4 (100)

BANNED

So much destruction in just 100 issues.........

Quote Originally Posted by PinnyPed View Post
    I just don't think Natalie Portman will stay in it for the long haul. I'm sure they threw an enormous amount of cash at her to do this one but I don't get the feeling her goal is to be Jane Foster forever. More likely, she wants to get that big $ haul, raise her kids in comfort and take movies that appeal to her sense of art.
    Given the strong rumours were that she had a three movie deal I doubt they threw her anything significant. This was a contractual obligation that Marvel probably wouldn’t have insisted upon. They just tempted her back with a better role and it allows her to potentially expand her role and contract in future movies if she is interested.

Before anyone suggests her voice recording over an already filmed cameo in Endgame counts as her third movie, that’s not very likely. Recording a couple of lines is not a movie.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    God of Thunder 1-25 (25)
    Thor 1-8 (33)
    Thors 1-4 (37)
    The Mighty Thor 1-23 (60)
    Unworthy Thor 1-5 (65)
    Mighty Thor & Unworthy Thor Legacy (66)
    Mighty Thor 700-706 + Gates of Valhalla (74)
    Thor 1-16 (90)
    War of the Realms 1-6 (96)
    King Thor 1-4 (100)
    Only a round number if you don’t count the Generations story.

Edit: Sorry you did count that as ‘Mighty Thor & Unworthy Thor Legacy’ instead of ‘Generations: Mighty Thor & Unworthy Thor’ my mistake.

Personally I would count ‘Original Sin: Thor & Loki - The Tenth Realm’ but I guess they are co-written.

However we count them I suspect we will get two omnibuses eventually. Too long to fit one book.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    That’s unclear. We might get an overlap.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-11-2019 at 07:59 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.