Page 147 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3234

art by Leandro Matos

BANNED

Nice artwork but it shouldn’t be here. This is a THOR ODINSON thread. The thing with Ororo in the picture isn’t welcome here. It has its own thread. Badass Storm though!

You're right about this being the wrong thread for the picture, but let's not get into the habit of insulting Jane - it's tacky, it's going to cause trouble, and I'd like to think we're better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Being accused of not being a Thor fan because I enjoyed the story and defended it, is totally unacceptable in my book.
    Did that happen a lot? Did it actually happen at all? I don't remember.

I do remember after someone complained about being accused of not being a "real" fan, I tried bringing up the subject of how we relate to certain heroes, and the conflicts that I think arise when we like one hero more than another, or like them in a different way; I actually made a big post where I talked about it at length (maybe a bit too much length for some, I suspect - it did end up a bit tl;dnr), but there were no takers on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, that got me too. Just watched the movie last night for the first time since opening weekend, and I realized that the only time in the Thanos battle that Thor really cuts loose with the lightning is when he's powering up Iron Man for a big hit.

I mean, I can write that off as Thor lacking the concentration/constitution to summon the lightning while trying to keep Thanos from burying the axe in his chest.

But it definitely stood out on a second viewing.

I agree though, Cap wasn't as good with the hammer as he initially seemed. I mean, once you get past the shock of him using Mjolnir and actually look at the fight....he holds his own and gets some good hits in, don't get me wrong, but mostly he's just keeping Thanos off balance, nothing more.
    I think it looked better than it did because it was a single, continuous fight that wasn't interrupted by everything else going on.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Thordis and Storm!!!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Leandro Matos
    TERRIFIC image of Thordis and Storm!!! Thanks for sharing juan678

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!!!

Thor #226 Aug 1974
    "The Battle Beyond!"
    Firelord has summoned Galactus, then leaves;

Unfortunately, a reporter heard everything, and reports the news, and panic begins to spread;
    Blake tells Hercules the history of Galactus; Meanwhile, Galactus has arrived on Earth;
    Galactus tells Thor of the mad Ego, and how he was defeated by him; He wants Thor to fight Ego;

With the power of Galactus, they barely manage to breach the atmosphere of Ego and reach the surface.

Script by Gerry Conway, pencils by John Buscema, inks by Mike Esposito and Dave Hunt

art by Leandro Matos
    Beautiful pic.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

art by Leandro Matos
    I would love to see it colorized, wonderful to see the two goddesses of Thunder & Lightning.

Too bad we never got a mini with the two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by THORPERION View Post
    Nice artwork but it shouldn’t be here. This is a THOR ODINSON thread. The thing with Ororo in the picture isn’t welcome here. It has its own thread. Badass Storm though!
    Staying classy I see, by referring to a woman as "it" and "thing"

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I would love to see it colorized, wonderful to see the two goddesses of Thunder & Lightning.

Too bad we never got a mini with the two of them.
    I can't even recall a moment where they were directly next to or in the same panel as each other.

Ororo and OG!Thor never interact much either.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't even recall a moment where they were directly next to or in the same panel as each other.

Ororo and OG!Thor never interact much either.
    I know right, talk about a missed opportunity; especially because Storm is treated as a goddess from her village and Thor is an actual God.

I think there could be some great philosophical stories to be had i.e. why is Thor considered a real God and Storm isn't especially since they were both born with their powers.

Not only that Storm can be seen as more Godly then Thor because Thor can lose his power while Storm cannot (I know this is currently being explored in Aaron's run).

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I know right, talk about a missed opportunity; especially because Storm is treated as a goddess from her village and Thor is an actual God.

I think there could be some great philosophical stories to be had i.e. why is Thor considered a real God and Storm isn't especially since they were both born with their powers.

Not only that Storm can be seen as more Godly then Thor because Thor can lose his power while Storm cannot (I know this is currently being explored in Aaron's run).
    But Thor can't really lose his powers. He still had them even without the hammer, otherwise he couldn't have called the lightning he used to help save Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But Thor can't really lose his powers. He still had them even without the hammer, otherwise he couldn't have called the lightning he used to help save Jane.
    But he did, for years he had no powers whatsoever. That lightning was the Mother Storm he had to yell at it to come down and help, it wasn't from Thor himself.

Also Young Thor had no powers either, only extreme resilience and godly strength.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 08-16-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Storm lost her powers in the Claremont/John Romita jr era.

Thor's powers should come from his genetic heritage - and even in Aaron's God Butcher run, young Thor called down lightning.