Page 161 of 216 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3234
    BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Journey into Mystery #108 Sep 1964
    Doctor Strange and the Avengers (Iron Man, Giant-Man and the Wasp) crossover in
    "At the Mercy of Loki, Prince of Evil!"

Thor is called to the aid of Doctor Strange,

and as Dr. Blake saves his life after a crippling mystic attack;

Loki takes advantage of a misunderstanding between Thor and Odin to come to Earth and kidnap Jane Foster;

Thor finds Loki and defeats him, while a grateful Doctor Strange saves Jane.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Chic Stone

BANNED

Tales of Asgard back-up:
    "Trapped by the Trolls!"

The king of the dwarfs attempts to sell an incognito Thor to the trolls as a slave,

but Thor frees all of their captives and destroys their mine.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Vince Colletta

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Mjölnir being revealed to be sentient is to me as underwhelming as the X-Men's Danger Room being revealed to be sentient Likewise when the comicbook character Tony Stark's armor was revealed to be sentient.
    At first I thought that the hammer was sentient, but asleep, and decided that Thor was worthy just because, and that the whisper woke it up, remembered what Odin did to it, and decided that it would never be used by odin or anyone related to him, it chose Jane instead.
    Aaron tried to explore what makes a person worthy, but it ended up even more vague than it already was.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    At first I thought that the hammer was sentient, but asleep, and decided that Thor was worthy just because, and that the whisper woke it up, remembered what Odin did to it, and decided that it would never be used by odin or anyone related to him, it chose Jane instead.
    Aaron tried to explore what makes a person worthy, but it ended up even more vague than it already was.
    To be honest I think this is just what happens when you try to deal with such a nebulous and hard to define concept, especially one I like to think most people weren't that concerned about since it was such a "given" in the franchise.

But that's just me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Mjölnir being revealed to be sentient is to me as underwhelming as the X-Men's Danger Room being revealed to be sentient Likewise when the comicbook character Tony Stark's armor was revealed to be sentient.
    At least with Tony, it served the purpose of humanizing him.

Making the Danger Room sentient served no purpose other than to throw shade at Professor X.

We don't need perfect paragons, but I do tire of how writers love to sling mud at the heroes, while anti-heroes are never questioned

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

A planet of Napalm!

Cannot wait!

I love that King Thor is Aaron's Thor, not a different universe or alternative Thor.

It's the Batman Beyond of Thor.

It is THOR.

https://aux.avclub.com/jason-aaron-a...hor-1837906902
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 09-06-2019 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    A planet of Napalm!

Cannot wait!

I love that King Thor is Aaron's Thor, not a different universe or alternative Thor.

It is THOR.

https://aux.avclub.com/jason-aaron-a...hor-1837906902
    I love that King Thor isn't written how Aaron writes present-day Thor .

I know Loki fans will probably not be too happy with this but a part of me really just enjoys Thor and Loki beating the snot out of each other in a final climactic battle (Malekith who?).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love that King Thor isn't written how Aaron writes present-day Thor .

I know Loki fans will probably not be too happy with this but a part of me really just enjoys Thor and Loki beating the snot out of each other in a final climactic battle (Malekith who?).
    Agreed, it should have always been him.

BANNED

When do you guys think we'll get an official confirmation on who the next Thor writer will be ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    When do you guys think we'll get an official confirmation on who the next Thor writer will be ?
    Probably October since that is when the solicits for the January issues will come out.

Unless they want to give Aaron's run some time to breath, I remember after Ragnarok it was close to 3-4 years before we got the JMS Thor run.

Probably October since that is when the solicits for the January issues will come out.

Unless they want to give Aaron's run some time to breath, I remember after Ragnarok it was close to 3-4 years before we got the JMS Thor run.
    Lord I hope we don't have to wait that long for another run.

I'm looking forward to reading Old King Thor (that napalm planet grabbed my attention this week).

Ultimate Member

I suspect that they simply wanted to give Thor a rest until then. I doubt the same thing will happen here

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    New York Comic-Con?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    New York Comic-Con?
    Please Dan Jurgens, if you're listening...
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Please Dan Jurgens, if you're listening...
    Save us Dan

Your our only hope

Or at least a great idea for next writer imo