Page 166 of 216 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3234
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    she hates jennifer but she is an established feminist!
    Maybe so, but she's also an established villain, and she's got plenty of hate to go around, she's never gone easy on any other female hero before who was a challenge to her want to be the strongest, which was always what drove her against Jennifer, if anything this was a perfect time she could demonstrate the world view of herself she's so often expounded

Either way, it felt very clunky

Post removed
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looking at how Thor is currently utilized in Aaron's Avengers (in my opinion, not well) does anyone have any favorite moments for Thor with the team?

I was thinking of limiting it to just the comics but you can use cartoons or movies too.
    Infinity #4 when he kills a Builder and Ragnarok Now (Rick Remender's Uncanny Avengers) "I CARE NOT"

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi...s-wort/129120/

Those are my two favorite moments, but there are many more I could bring up if you like, after all, some of Thor's most epic moments actually comes from Avengers books where often they seem overpowered and Thor alone comes to turn the tides in their favor, like Ultron Unlimited, Secret Invasion, Kang Dynasty, Siege, Secret Empire to name a few.
    Last edited by Wall-Crawler; 09-20-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post

Those are my two favorite moments, but there are many more I could bring up if you like, after all, some of Thor's most epic moments actually comes from Avengers books where often they seem overpowered and Thor alone comes to turn the tides in their favor, like Ultron Unlimited, Secret Invasion, Kang Dynasty, Siege, Secret Empire to name a few.
    Man, reminding me of those makes his current depiction in Avengers even more jarring.

BANNED

Man, reminding me of those makes his current depiction in Avengers even more jarring.
    Indeed, it's a shame he hasn't been used much, which is weird considering the writer of Avengers is the same writer of Thor's solo book, one would expect for him to be used and given a more important part on the team.

Infinity #4 when he kills a Builder and Ragnarok Now (Rick Remender's Uncanny Avengers) "I CARE NOT"
    Infinity....man!! When that dude slapped fire out of Thor, the look on his face when he was wiping his mouth had me like oh s&*t this dude about to get it and sure enough when he said "WHAT IF IM NOT JUST A MAN?" I lost it.

Makes me miss THAT Thor.

For a lol moment, that time when the Avengers worked with the Guardians of the Galaxy and when GOG showed up he was told Gamora he thought of her often or something along those lines. I figured that was a record scratch moment.

BANNED

Looking at how Thor is currently utilized in Aaron's Avengers (in my opinion, not well) does anyone have any favorite moments for Thor with the team?

I was thinking of limiting it to just the comics but you can use cartoons or movies too.
    My favorite from cartoon is from EMH when they face Galactus and everyone seems hopeless, then Spidey tells Captain America "why aren't you freaking out?" to which Cap replies "because I can hear it, the thunder" and Thor strikes Galactus.

My favorite from cartoon is from EMH when they face Galactus and everyone seems hopeless, then Spidey tells Captain America "why aren't you freaking out?" to which Cap replies "because I can hear it, the thunder" and Thor strikes Galactus.
    Man, Thor in EMH was the best. Heck, EMH was just the best in general .

This is awesome .

The less we get of Jane on the movie, the better it will be, I still believe her inclusion and role in this movie is the single biggest mistake the MCU has done/will do, alongside making Spider-Man an Iron Man Jr.

Anyway, King Thor #1 was amazing, looking forward to the next issue.
    Couldn't agree more. I thought Captain Marvel would be heading the feminist movement for the MCU.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Im just now reading the link and that is well thought out and well worded. What i loved is in the first section that writers need to remember that Thor is a deity. I really miss the stories where the team is at their last straw against some big bad and Thor comes in and wreck said big bad. And talks s*#t while doing it.

IMO I think they were trying to make Thor "more relatable" by humanizing him, but they've lost some of the elements that make Thor..Thor. Its been irritating seeing this manchild running around with that half braided hammer throwing gamma lightening. And like that link pointed out if i want human hero stories i have plenty of human characters to read about.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Classic art by Werner Roth from Venus #12 (February, 1951):

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Im just now reading the link and that is well thought out and well worded. What i loved is in the first section that writers need to remember that Thor is a deity. I really miss the stories where the team is at their last straw against some big bad and Thor comes in and wreck said big bad. And talks s*#t while doing it.

IMO I think they were trying to make Thor "more relatable" by humanizing him, but they've lost some of the elements that make Thor..Thor. Its been irritating seeing this manchild running around with that half braided hammer throwing gamma lightening. And like that link pointed out if i want human hero stories i have plenty of human characters to read about.
    In regards to humanising Thor, I totally agree, it might bring in some readers, which I understand, but Thor is entirely less interesting to me because of it, in any medium

It was his otherworldly godly nature I enjoyed, which has been badly eroded even damaged imo by Aaron's run and the more comedic MCU/current avengers book versions